Banned for mining (perpetual)

Banned for mining (perpetual)

by nonsense » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:06 am

Greetings,

This post is being created because my account; along with many others, has been unjustly banned. Each previous post of mine regarding this manner is immediately deleted by the Nostalrius team. I belong to the group of, “Silithus Miners” who have recently been accused of exploiting a bug. The accused bug, which has remained on Nostalrius for six months, is only now being regulated. The, “bug” has been defined by the Nostalrius team as, “Silithus: Ooze Covered Rich Thorium Vein respawn time exploit”. In Silithus, thorium nodes could be found and mined out every 45 minutes. 45 minutes is the exact spawn timer of similar nodes in other areas. The Nostalrius team has banned accounts which farmed these nodes at an, “industrial level”, meaning 500 times a week or more. The Nostalrius team has not put forth any proof that the spawn rates/patterns are indeed, “bugged”. The Nostalrius team has never given mention that this is a bug before these bans were handed out. The Nostalrius team has passed blame onto its players for a coding error. As one player so put it, “Correct the nodes and get these bans lifted, it is your responsibility to fix these issues to avoid unnecessary bans like this, the vast majority of the players are here to just play, not walk on eggshells wondering how every minute detail of the game should work.” The Nostalrius team has made a poor decision by banning these accounts.

Your server can only remain active with active players. Banning players in such a manner as this is bad notoriety for Nostalrius. An overwhelming majority of people who come across these mining posts agree that the Nostalrius team is in the wrong. How is a player supposed to know that the coding of Silithus mines is bugged and that mining those nodes is illegal? What if someone's favorite part of the game is mining and that person solely logs on to mine? These players have been banned for putting their nose to the grindstone and earning their gold. If there is some other unspoken reason as to why we’ve been banned then it needs to be announced, now.

Personally, I am done with trying to be a, “good guy”. The Nostalrius team has unjustly banned the wrong person. From this moment on I pledge and promise to not cease creating these threads until my account is unbanned. I will continue to flood these forums with the SAME material over and over for ten years. I have internally made a promise to myself that until 9/15/2025 comes around, or until my account is unbanned, I will continue to point out the obvious flaw of the Nostalrius team banning people after the fact, over trivial matters. You’ve got me for ten years, Nostalrius. Ban my IP and I’ll get a VPN or move public library to public library. I have the time, money, and willpower to do this. During my mining escapade, I would average 14 hours a day mining out in Silithus. I now have much free time and invigoration with an out of commission account. Am I the kind of person you want to unjustly punish? The answer is no. I am an, “Industrial Miner”, and I am fully prepared to get “industrial” on you, Nostalrius. Consider this text as a declaration of non-violent war. Unjustly ban me and I will unjustly flood your forums. Two wrongs do not make a right. I’ve made the decision to embrace the role of, “bad guy”.

I expect to be unbanned due to the invalid reasoning of the Nostalrius team. A permanent ban is far too much for mining nodes on a normal spawn timer. The Nostalrius team has demanded that a player must first contact a GM and ask permission to farm before farming commences (this is 100% nonsensical and unrealistic). I have no regard for the people who will flame me for posting this and future threads. I do not quit. I will not quit until an unban occurs, until 9/15/2025 comes around, or until I die in real life.

Have a nice day.
Last edited by nonsense on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
nonsense
Private
Private

Re: Banned for mining (perpetual)

by RIPPAHREKT » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:10 am

I ll quote some comments from wowhead retail to prove that silithus nodes are not an abusing and try to change the admins mind.

1st comment: Qinella on 2008/12/06 (Patch 3.0.3)
I ran the circuit in Silithus and can confirm it is a great place to farm thorium. Just run through the three major hive areas in the zone. There are about 3-5 hives per area, varying in size. If you are high enough level, just run right through and don't fight anything unless you have to in order to mine. The mobs there have a short leash and will snap back after a few seconds if you just run away. I'd say on average I got about 3-4 stacks per circuit if no one else was in zone. You can also find regular thorium veins if you run along the zone border as you go to each major hive area.

2nd comment: By snailaim (154 – 1·0) on 2006/11/09 (Patch 1.12.2)
I actually make a good amount of money farming these on my rogue... make the stone and thorium, and sell thorium shells, then if I get an arcane crystal I get it made into a bar and make it into a converter, then sell that as well.

3rd comment By zuiko (6,817 – 1·9·53) on 2007/12/29 (Patch 2.3.0)
I think this is the best place to farm for thorium on a rogue. There are lots of rich nodes, very little competition, and plenty of small ones scattered around as well.

If you run into any of these nodes in a room with Hive Zora Wasps in it, leave it alone unless you have a death wish. They are all linked, so if you aggro one, you aggro all five of them (they always seem to be in groups of 5+) and their poison quickly stacks up 10 times. Hive Zora is the nest on the West side of the zone.
Last edited by zuiko on 2007/12/

4th comment: By Norswimmer (127 – 0) on 2009/02/14 (Patch 3.0.9)
Doublewire's comment is fail. I am actively farming these in Silithus in each of the 3 hives and the most I have found is 2 per. "5 veins to a major hive" LOL That would mean that at any given time, there are 15 veins sitting in Silithus waiting to be mined, ALL AT ONCE!
btw I am the only person in Silithus atm. Including Allies.

Blizzard changed the nodes with small ones on patch 4.0.1 in the late 2011 there is the last comment that i will post to prove it.

By noles (960 – 4·27) on 2011/05/23 (Patch 4.1.0)
It seems that Blizzard has taken these nodes out of the game and replaced them with small and rich thorium veins. I just took a trip to Silithus to farm them to level an alt's engineering and was surprised to see no ooze-covered veins at all. While I am not 100% sure of this as I did not take the time to travel to each hive, Hive Ashi in the north held only a few small veins. You are probably better off going to Un'Goro Crater to farm thorium. Feel free to check it out as I did not confirm this, but you may be disappointed by what you find out.

All the comments are copyied from here http://www.wowhead.com/object=177388/oo ... n#comments . i really hope that you change ur mind about those bans just do it for the people dont be that mean to the players we just want to enojoy the vanilla.

Rippah out.
RIPPAHREKT
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Robotron » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:12 am

So, this "bug" isn't even a bug at all? Nice.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by RIPPAHREKT » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:13 am

Robotron wrote:So, this "bug" isn't even a bug at all? Nice.

EXACTLY !
RIPPAHREKT
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Rhoen » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:20 am

Ridiculous that you were banned in the first place without a warning.
Rhoen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by pi2210 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:58 am

Just another great choice of a power display by the admins.
Rest in piece, grizzly.
pi2210
Tester

by bockhorn » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:30 am

What this guy said is absolutely reasonable. You PERMANENTLY ban people for ambiguous offences like this without warning them first. Nostalrius, you are making people paranoid. Do you really want your GM services to be overflowed by requests that would, normally, be considered completely non-sensical but now make perfect sense because pretty much everything related to gold farm is bannable?

Nost has a lot of credit to gain by reconsidering this ban wave and, in general, revise their banning policies.
Rogue class leader of Onslaught
bockhorn
Sergeant
Sergeant

by zeequenz » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:28 am

Hello nonsense,

with your confirmations I'd like to save your Post, mostly for future events, proof of unprofessionalism since I am legit scared myself to further increase my Herbalism and I am not even Level 60 yet (37 at the point of this post). It's been long since I've supported something whole heartedly myself, but your post is nothing but valid, supported by facts and conformations. Not to mention your incredible willpower and dedication - it amazes me.

I'd love to open one of these Threads every Hour myself, just copying your Text and support your "declaration of non-violent war" against unjustified abuse of Power. Sadly, I am paranoid of doing it as it probably would get me banned as well, and let's be honest, no one wants to get banned for anything unreasonable.

I hope you win your fight, you got my full support!

#FREENONSENSE

- Inzayne
Inzayne - Level 56 Troll Hunter
How weak must one be to get offended by mere words?
zeequenz
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Jurary » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:12 pm

willpower and dedication?

it's just some kid or failure living off welfare.

it'd be good if nost unbanned the miners, but let this guy be banned for obvious reasons. he sounds like he's mentally capable of ddosing the server for revenge purposes.
^Credits to Sheep @ ED
Jurary
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Account issues