Banned accounts.

Banned accounts.

by Skailol » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:38 am

Banned in two accounts?
PvP server, character names: Skailol, Cyk.
Skailol
Tester

Re: Banned accounts.

by Skailol » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:29 am

Bump
Skailol
Tester

by Skailol » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:13 am

Bump.

Completely clueless as to why both of my accounts were banned.
Skailol
Tester

by Skailol » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:09 pm

Bump.
Skailol
Tester

by Benevael » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:42 pm

Greetings,

Your account was banned for gold trafficking. If you'd like to appeal this ban, please provide information in this thread about what transactions you may have done recently that might have triggered the ban.

Don't bother if you did in fact buy gold, since the review will just come back confirming the offence.

Regards, GM Team.
Please make sure to read the Nostalrius terms of use. https://en.nostalrius.org/terms-of-use
Benevael
Game Master
Game Master

by Skailol » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:21 pm

Gold trafficking, I have absolutely no idea what triggered it. I'll try to explain what happened and what possibly caused it.

So I have two account (main character names: Skailol & Cyk), my main and alt.

I haven't played much lately so it's very confusing to me why now I would be banned.
What is also confusing me is that I spend most of my time playing on my main than my alt, so banning my main account makes more sense than banning both of them. I cannot send gold between the two accounts (horde & alliance). I don't have that much time played on my main character, meaning he doesn't have that much gold to begin with.

I have discussed it on Reddit, people suggested that I was hacked, which is false, bought gold, also false and I believe you can track that. They also suggested that addons can trigger it (AH/Mail addons?). I had sent mass mail to my bank character but the items aren't even that costly, they're just random low level green/blue drops. I doubt selling random items on my bank character can trigger it. Someone else in the comments also had the same thing happened to him. I do not know what exactly what triggered the ban, maybe my case is a false positive (if the anti-hack/cheat is automated).

Most of the activity is from my main account, as I have said earlier I barely even played the game those past weeks, I haven't touched my alt account in over months. I do not understand why my alt would be banned if I haven't played on it. Perhaps the reason behind the ban is because it shares the same name with my main account?

Can't you check my logs or something? maybe investigate a bit further? Can you dig deeper and find exactly what caused the ban? Is this an automated ban or was it manual? I have expected you to provide me with answers instead of the other way around.
Skailol
Tester

by Benevael » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:04 am

Greetings,

Upon looking closer, both of thess accounts were banned because they were compromised as a result of the recent gold seller hack wave.

The two account bans have been placed under compromised account review. The review may take some time to complete. We will get back to you with a determination or more instructions in this thread.

Regards, GM Team.
Please make sure to read the Nostalrius terms of use. https://en.nostalrius.org/terms-of-use
Benevael
Game Master
Game Master

by Skailol » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:41 am

So the server went down shortly after your reply and now it's being revived with the help of Elysium. Any updates from the review? Is it too late now? I'm 100% positive it will come out clean.
Skailol
Tester

by Skailol » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:46 am

Bump
Skailol
Tester

by Skailol » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:18 pm

Bump
Skailol
Tester