ACCOUNT RETRIEVAL DURING DB TRANSFER

Re: ACCOUNT RETRIEVAL DURING DB TRANSFER

by Heviletti1 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:11 am

Scamp wrote:Before the shutdown, there was a password reset. Some people including myself had to reset their password before coming back in to say our goodbyes in the final days. Will the previous passwords be used or the ones that were reset on the day nost shut down?

I suppose either is fine as long as you give us a fair number of login attempts. Would hate to be locked out because I couldn't remember which of my passwords I used. (I have a bunch of different passwords, not sure what one I used after the password reset)

What was the reason for this password reset? I was on 3 month break before trying to login to my account, but wasn't able to cause of wrong password. Was the password reset forced as I had no idea if such thing happened to my account too.
Heviletti1
Tester

by Scamp » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:46 am

Heviletti1 wrote:
Scamp wrote:Before the shutdown, there was a password reset. Some people including myself had to reset their password before coming back in to say our goodbyes in the final days. Will the previous passwords be used or the ones that were reset on the day nost shut down?

I suppose either is fine as long as you give us a fair number of login attempts. Would hate to be locked out because I couldn't remember which of my passwords I used. (I have a bunch of different passwords, not sure what one I used after the password reset)

What was the reason for this password reset? I was on 3 month break before trying to login to my account, but wasn't able to cause of wrong password. Was the password reset forced as I had no idea if such thing happened to my account too.

It was at some point before the shutdown, all I know is I had to reset my password to get back in on the last day. There are more than just us wondering this too, im sure the FAQ will be updated.

This is an especially confusing situation for people that had to change their passwords after the shutdown announcement, since the database copy is from before then (and passwords that weren't changed yet were considered invalid, at least. during the shutdown.) Hopefully they will consider passwords that were never changed after the reset to be valid again. Will avoid a lot of headache for a lot of people im sure.
Scamp
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Joshire » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:40 pm

I remember I deleted my characters at some point before Nostalrius went down for whatever reason. I read somewhere you will be returning characters to their respective state one week before the announcement. If my characters were deleted before this, is it possible to have them restored? I had three 60 characters, on two different accounts. Sure wish I could get a hold on them again now that your back in buisness.
Joshire
Tester

by Pottu » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:08 pm

That's not going to be possible. We are not "returning" characters, we are copying over the backup of the database that was done before the Nostalrius closure announcement.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Scamp » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:15 pm

Pottu wrote:That's not going to be possible. We are not "returning" characters, we are copying over the backup of the database that was done before the Nostalrius closure announcement.

Pottu, any idea how the password reset issue will be handled yet? (I'm referring to the dead link in your signature)
Scamp
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Pottu » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:48 pm

You should be able to use your old password. The reset was not mandatory on all accounts, it was something we recommended players to use after the database of another private server was leaked.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Scamp » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:02 pm

Pottu wrote:You should be able to use your old password. The reset was not mandatory on all accounts, it was something we recommended players to use after the database of another private server was leaked.

Thanks for clearing that up :)
Scamp
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by locario » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:58 pm

Please respond about if banned accounts are also transferred.
locario
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Scamp » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:17 pm

locario wrote:Please respond about if banned accounts are also transferred.

Pottu wrote:5. I went little crazy during the last days and got banned. Will I get a second chance?

That depends on the reason why you were banned. Temporary bans for spamming will be lifted and you can get back. Bans for botting, exploits, hacking - these will remain in place. If you were banned before the closure announcement, you will remain banned. Only exception to this are cases that were being reviewed at that time - they might get a new review.
Scamp
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by LupoWulf » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:17 pm

Can i change the passwords later on? as i said i found the Acc names but not sure if i remember them passwords xD
LupoWulf
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Account issues