Cannot Access Account, requesting Assistance

Cannot Access Account, requesting Assistance

by Sandmango » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:59 am

I am using a new hopefully-temporary account to post this.

I have not attempted to log into my original account over the summer. However, with all the ruckus going down, I figured i'd try to see if my account info was still valid after the several months since the shutdown. Strangely I found that I am unable to log on to my account here on the website, which makes me concerned (which is why i made this temp account to begin with) for my future ability to log into the new 'merged' server.

I was to my memory not active during the week of the shutdown announcement, so needless to say I was not one of the numerous individuals who "partied like its the end of the world" and subsequently got banned for who knows what craziness. So seeing as I did not bother attempting to log on until these recent weeks, I doubt that I could have been banned. I was wondering if I could perhaps get the assistance of one of the GMs to aid me in retrieving my account info.

To be Clear, I am aware that there is a FAQ sticky-post regarding Account Retrieval During the transfer to our friends at Valkyrie, and although im inclined to believe that this issue falls well into that category and that I will receive as much word about how to go about doing what i need to do to get back on track at start up as everyone else, I am however still quite nervous about having lost access to an account that i don't rightly remember ever changing the password to or other such relevant account info. I keep track of that sort of information-change, and have to my knowledge received no emails regarding such a change.

Having read over the FAQ, specifically #4, i want to make clear that I have not uninstalled Vanilla WoW, so I do have record of my account name, and the names of my characters on my WTF folder (in case that information is required for retrieval). However, my password is seemingly no longer valid.
For the sake of possible retrieval, I played on the PvP realm, and my primary characters name was Gharak.
If necessary I will provide more information, including character names, via private messages on this site, the temp email i am using for this account, or (if i was not compromised and it was changed) the original email attached to my original account to an appropriate GM.

If this issue does indeed fall strictly into the category of #2 in the FAQ, then I shall standby and await a general announcement and further instruction with the rest of the community suffering similar issues. Otherwise i will be monitoring this post and this accounts message box for assistance.

Thank you for doing what you're doing, I'd like to return to this community as soon as possible.
Sandmango
Tester

Re: Cannot Access Account, requesting Assistance

by Pottu » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:22 pm

All the online functions to interact with your in-game account have been disabled since the shutdown. Meaning that you cannot reset your password currently, nor can you log-in on the website to see your account details. So you shouldn't worry. If you cannot login during the stress-test, then start worrying - but that's far in the future. More details will be released this weekend with our second announcement and the Reddit QA.

Losing access to your old forum account is no big deal, as eventually all support will move over to the Elysium forums. These forums will stay up, though I do not know how long.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Heviletti1 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:34 pm

Pottu wrote:If you cannot login during the stress-test, then start worrying

By this you mean logging ingame, not forums right?
Heviletti1
Tester

by Pottu » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:34 pm

Yes, logging in-game.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

Return to Account issues