BANNED? For no reason?

BANNED? For no reason?

by PROPH3CY » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:04 pm

Like alot of you i've been itching for the re-launch...

Earlier i went to go about transferring my Nost character over to elysium to find that i am banned and in quotes

"This account is permanently banned and cannot be recovered. No ban request will be considered from now by the Nostalrius team, and thus there is no way to transfer the account"

Im simply in shock to be quite honest, i have never cheated, hacked exploited or anything to breach the rules..

I am requesting a member of staff to please assist me further on this based on this forum post, which i believe it is still in my due rights to request an answer..

My IGN was: Ravingmage

Kind regards...

Sean
PROPH3CY
Tester

Re: BANNED? For no reason?

by moghedanbanned » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:07 am

Join the club, mate.

They story I am told is that they mass banned all the accounts that had not been used in the summer because some other server released all the account information.

Then they shut down, and if you weren't anally retentive enough to contest the ban during the server's dying days you are now out of luck.

tl;dr
All the administratively screwed are being treated like cheaters.
moghedanbanned
Grunt
Grunt

by Pottu » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:30 pm

As the announcement said, we are not reviewing bans any more. A number of in-active accounts were compromised and had to be banned as they were used by spammers and gold sellers. This might have happened to your account.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by PROPH3CY » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:37 pm

moghedanbanned wrote:Join the club, mate.

They story I am told is that they mass banned all the accounts that had not been used in the summer because some other server released all the account information.

Then they shut down, and if you weren't anally retentive enough to contest the ban during the server's dying days you are now out of luck.

tl;dr
All the administratively screwed are being treated like cheaters.

Pottu wrote:As the announcement said, we are not reviewing bans any more. A number of in-active accounts were compromised and had to be banned as they were used by spammers and gold sellers. This might have happened to your account.

Thank you for both of your replies...

Wow, i am quite upset, and would have no idea how my account could have been compromised, no account sharing and i never accessed Nost apart from home network... unless the Nost database was compromised and my sensitive information retrieved :cry: if which is the case i am deeply concerned.

While i realise the Devs are doing everything they can in anticipation for the launch, i still want to push for a more coeherent answer then what you have posted Pottu. There is a difference between being banned for hacking/exploiting/gold selling and having your account compromised by somebody else which could easily be viewed in logs, and one which i can backup myself if required.

Having months and months of work taken away and without justification is something i wouldn't have expected from "The best vanilla private server", and is frankly not fair.

I look forward to your reply
PROPH3CY
Tester

Return to Account issues