<Hope> EU Raiding guild (moving on to PvE elysium)

Guilds information & recruitment - For the King !

Re: <Hope> EU Raiding guild

by pita » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:07 pm

Haz59 wrote:
pita wrote:Will this guild allow non cookie cutter roles (feral for example) ?

In a raid environment, i hope not, feral druids, prot paladins sucked for raiding in vanilla.

Well its a 10 year old game and you got awareness, experience and what not... all this content is doable with 75% of the original amount. Some guilds do allow them to an extent so i am just asking the guy incharge. :D
pita
Grunt
Grunt

by Haz59 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:00 pm

Problem is, the tier gear is only itemized for one spec, i realize there is non-set gear, but it would take alot of time to collect a set of non-tier from raiding.

In raiding:

Druids - Heal
Paladins - Heal
Priests - Heal
Shaman - Heal
Haz59
Grunt
Grunt

by pita » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:12 am

well I never asked "should i go feral in raids" I asked if it will be allowed in this guild... and I dont think its the right place to argue about it... this is guild recruitment thread :) if you want to talk about druid functions you should head to the class threads
pita
Grunt
Grunt

by nairi » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:54 pm

wups, sorry for the delay.
Hybrids= Prot/Ret pala, non-healing druid, shadow priest(until 16 debuffs).

The general census is that hybrids are bad, personally I cant say I have any real experience so for right now this is how we will do it.

For progression raiding, every hybrid must be prepared to spec for healing if that should become necessary, but can still "roll" for their hybrid spec as their main spec.

Hybrids in general must be prepared to put in more effort and I will never put us in a situation where 39 "purists" carry a hybrid that does less damage than a tank.
But, if the hybrid can carry their own weight I see no real reason to deny it, even from progress raiding.

When it comes to farm content, most raids are pretty much open to any spec as long as the raid still can function, still wont be carrying anyone as that just would not be fair. Also, we will be doing the occasional speed-run where everyone needs to be performing optimally.

TL;DR Hybrids are okay, as long as they they perform.
nairi
Private
Private

by Brodir » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:48 pm

Sounds good, I'd be tempted to apply but i finish work at 18:30 server time, and get home around 20 minutes later - Obviously if traffic is bad or i have to stay later than usual then it clashes. Never mind, but all the best fortune!
Brodir
Tester

by Shadowpve » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:53 pm

Ok a few questions. I plan on playing Shadow PvE eventually, but can heal for now until the debuff limit goes up in the coming patches.

What is the loot method? Please don't say loot council >.<

Are you allowing NA players too? (the EU raid times translate well for NA players because EU raids like 8pm their time and that's like 1 pm our time so afternoon is perfect)
Shadowpve
Private
Private

by Haz59 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:10 am

Shadowpve wrote:Ok a few questions. I plan on playing Shadow PvE eventually, but can heal for now until the debuff limit goes up in the coming patches.

What is the loot method? Please don't say loot council >.<

Are you allowing NA players too? (the EU raid times translate well for NA players because EU raids like 8pm their time and that's like 1 pm our time so afternoon is perfect)

From the guild website, not a huge fan of it, but have to see how it works out.

http://hope.nostalrius.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2228690

Hope will run a loot council with a twist.

Loot council will consist of Guild Leadership, and the guild master has the final say in case a conclusion can not be reached.
Should the guild master not be present the raid leader has the final say.

Loot will be given out in the following order:

To the person with the highest silent Loot Point Bid. (see below for Loot Points explanation)
To a Raider Mainspec (/roll 1-1, to indicate interest in posted item)
To a Member Mainspec (roll 2-2)
To a raider Offspec (roll 3-3)
To a member Offspec (roll 4-4)
To a raider/member for PvP (roll 5-5)
To a raider/member for any reason (farming/rp etc) (roll 6-6)
To an Alt Mainspec (roll 7-7)
To an Alt Offspec (roll 8-8.)

Loot council will the determine who is the most deserving member of said loot, and the master looter will distribute.

People should refrain from rolling higher than what has already been rolled, this to prevent chat from clogging up.
Example:
Raider Mage A rolls 1-1, Alt Mage B has no reason to roll.

Hope wants to reward the members actively farming for the good of the guild,
and will occasionally offer Loot Points for materials.
Example 1:
3 Arcanite Bars for one Loot Point.

Example 2:
1 stack of dark iron bars for one Loot Point

Loot Points can be used to bid on gear, by whispering to the Master Looter.
Or to a third party in case the Master Looter is also interesting in bidding.
Haz59
Grunt
Grunt

by Shadowpve » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:00 am

Ahhh thanks for the info. I'll have to pass on the guild now unfortunately. I've had very bad experiences with loot council driven raids and leadership. It's almost always been a favortism battle and as long as human error and greed is involved it will never be fair. I prefer some kind of DKP or of the likes. Thanks for the info.
Shadowpve
Private
Private

by Esselenwiel » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:12 am

Bump! Join a fun community with a raiding mindset, we're having a blast while leveling too.

Looking for a few more hunters and warlocks to join our raid team!

http://hope.nostalrius.shivtr.com/
Paladin healer of <Lotus Storm>
Esselenwiel
Private
Private

by Esselenwiel » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:27 am

A good dozen or so level 40+ already.

We're still looking for a warlock or two! Recruitment closed for warriors and paladins.
Paladin healer of <Lotus Storm>
Esselenwiel
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Alliance guilds headquarters