<The Dauntless> (US) Late night PST

Guilds information & recruitment - For the King !

<The Dauntless> (US) Late night PST

by omgmo » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:13 am

Raid Times: 9:30pm - 1am PST
Raid Days: Undecided, but probably 3-4. Guild member availability will be taken into consideration.

Essence
There rarely seems to be true 'late night' raiding guilds, understandably, as a compromise must be struck to accommodate people of varying time zones. Invariably, this leaves night owls on the west coast (US) with few (if any) options. This is one of the core components of <The Dauntless>, to fill that gap. Whether you cannot play during other times due to other obligations (work, family, etc) or simply prefer to play during this time, this is something that you can count on us not changing. It will be a bit before we start raiding officially, as leveling must be done, followed by 5 mans to gear up for the occasion, but once we do - the current intended raid times are 9:30pm to 1:00am PST (adjustment possible, but very minimal if so).

The second but equally important core component of <The Dauntless> is that we will not be using voice communication during raids. We didn't use it ~10 years ago when we raided vanilla content the first time, and we won't be using it now. We understand that most people like and appreciate this tool, and we have no issues with people using it on their own time, but it will not be a tool used for our raids. I am happy to discuss reasoning with anyone genuinely curious, but I have no interest in sparking any debate. Whether you find this to be an attractive component or not, we welcome anyone that is atleast willing to accept it.

Loot
For loot we will employ a DKP system. DKP will be earned based on time in raid, and will be spent via bidding. We intend to have the bidding be silent (tells to auctioneer) in order to minimize potential hostility amongst guild mates, as well as people that might try to game the system, but we will announce the highest bid during the bidding process (in real time) so as to make sure that the item goes to the person most deserving, without paying a penny more than they have to. We deem the 'person most deserving' as the one willing and able to pay the most. We will not impose class or spec restrictions, or restrictions of any kind for the most part, on loot. Exceptions may be made for extreme circumstances, which may or may not be previously anticipated, so we reserve the right to make the call on the fly. To give an example of an extreme circumstance: Someone outbids another for an item that they cannot use simply to keep that person from it; that's not something we would tolerate. However, we hope such occasions will be rare if not non-existent. We won't be doing anything like giving loot to key raid members in the name of faster progression, this is not a race for us.

Spec
This brings me to a very hot topic during vanilla wow, class specs. Many classes have expected roles for raiding, which comes with a spec requirement. This usually affects hybrids. We would prefer that our healers be healing because it is what they like to do, but we'll accept willingness all the same. We do require that people be willing to change spec for the guild's benefit (as we deem it), so if you're one of those people that play a hybrid and don't want to do anything but dps (for example), then we are probably not the guild for you. The consolation prize you get however, is allowing you bid on offspec loot, we just ask that you don't grossly neglect getting gear that benefits your raid spec. If it becomes painfully obvious that you don't give two shits about the guild and just want to abuse this by amassing offspec gear, then that could lead to disciplinary actions ranging from not getting raid invites, to being removed from the guild.

Progression
We intend to see it all, at our own pace. This doesn't mean that we intend to take forever to progress, but it does mean that we plan to experience everything and not cut corners just to progress faster. It also means that we have lives outside of wow and can't afford to play all day in order to be competitive for 'server first' achievements. We intend to be here for the long haul. Having said that, we do take progression seriously, and raid invites will be heavily weighted towards having what we need to succeed. In no particular order - attendance, skill, role, effectiveness at role(spec/gear) are all factors in that equation. This does not mean that we will insist on having what we deem to be 'the very best' the minute the raid starts, there will be an element of "first come first serve" for raid invites. We will try to be fair. If you feel as though you have been treated unfairly or otherwise have a concern, you are more than welcome to respectfully bring it to an officers attention.

Behavior
Just treat people with respect, follow that and you'll be fine. It is also worth mentioning that we expect people to take things seriously and play their class well, or atleast intend to as they improve. This means that we have no interest in people that tend to screw around and cause wipes, for any reason, including but not limited to - "for the lols" or "sry was watching tv". If you are too impatient to bother playing skillfully, respecting the difficulty of content, and/or not wasting people's time, then this is not the guild for you. This also includes failing to play a class well because you can't be bothered to perform any class duties other than dps since it takes away from your contribution to the damage meters; take your epeen elsewhere.

Conclusion
We intend to kick ass and take names for more than just the loot, we value the experience, and the comarderie. If you want to race to the top and/or utilize a guild exclusively as a loot harvesting tool, this is not the guild for you. If you want to enjoy the journey amongst friends, you've come to the right place.
Last edited by omgmo on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
omgmo
Private
Private

Re: <The Dauntless> (US) Late night PST

by thunderbelly » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:43 pm

This is exactly what I am looking for! I will watch for the website :)
thunderbelly
Tester

by omgmo » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:46 pm

I added the website link. It is still under construction, but presentable.
omgmo
Private
Private

by Nexthalo » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:08 pm

You had me until no voip..
Haalo
Guild Leader of <S I X>
Nexthalo
Sergeant
Sergeant

by omgmo » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Most guilds seem to use voip, so hopefully finding what you're looking for won't be too difficult. Best of luck.
omgmo
Private
Private

by omgmo » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:46 am

As some other guilds, we too were trying out Stormrage's PVE server while waiting on Nost to launch. It's only been 1 day into Stormrage, but we're pretty sure we'll be going with Nost.

More waiting, ahhhhh :(
omgmo
Private
Private

by TastyStars » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:44 am

Stop on by and say hello. This is shaping up to be a good group of people.
TastyStars
Tester

by theblackdwarf » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:03 pm

Hey this sounds like something I am interested in. Still a bit undecided on which class I want to play so welcome to suggestions.
theblackdwarf
Tester

by omgmo » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:36 pm

Play whatever keeps you logging in day after day.

My personal favorite are healers that like to heal, they give me warm fuzzies.
omgmo
Private
Private

by omgmo » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:11 pm

The population has spread out some, less concentration near the starting zones, especially for us late night PST people - that seems to be the population low point of the day. I'd say that it's worth checking out now, for those of you that wanted to avoid the mad rush of a server opening.
omgmo
Private
Private

Next

Return to Alliance guilds headquarters