Looking for US casual raiding guild

Guilds information & recruitment - For the Horde !

Looking for US casual raiding guild

by Aquane » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:22 pm

I'm looking for a US casual/borderline casual/semi-hardcore raid guild

a guild where people aren't forced to play certain specs or wear certain edit: non-resistance gear if they don't want to and aren't gkicked if they don't attend raids almost all of the time, and that is not aiming for realm firsts, and that doesn't require that people bring their own consumables, let alone use consumables that aren't completely nessecary such as mongoose or giants, but still tries to get world bosses at least sometimes, and still needs at least however many tanks and healers to raid, and does raid weekly after enough people hit 60... also the guild doesn't call themselves casual while also not calling themselves hardcore, its not all black or white here

to put it short I'm not trying to be first place at anything and I don't wanna break my back playing this game, but I still wanna put alot of effort into this game with the end goal of having fun, rather than getting realm firsts or HWL rank

edit: I at least want a hardcore guild that isn't trying to get first place at everything, but I'm not really sure if you can call that hardcore

I'd appreciate if someone would make a guild that more or less fits that description

I remember before the release of the PvP realm there were pretty much no horde guilds that didn't describe themselves as hardcore; they all wanted to get realm firsts iirc
Last edited by Aquane on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Looking for US semi-hardcore guild

by Lemore » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:38 pm

"Semi-hardcore." Do guilds like these even exist? If you're going to raid, a certain amount of effort - including farming consumables - is required if you want to make any sort of progress. The other option is to progress very slowly, and even then you'll hit a wall at some point (fire res on Raggy for instance). Sure, there are guilds where you can kind of float along for raids and get away with not doing much aside from turning up to raids to mash buttons, but if so, you're carried along by other people and their effort, not to mention their kindness. If you don't farm your pots then who will? If you go for a sub-par off spec, then someone with a "better" spec will be carrying you. Being a good player and knowing your class will only take you so far, especially in Vanilla.

To me, it sounds like you're describing a casual guild. Farming consumables for a raid to me doesn't equal "hardcore" at all. It's what you have to do to get through certain encounters, especially if the guild is only just starting out.

Another suggestion, since you seem mightily frustrated with the lack of these semi-hardcore guilds, is to start your own guild? But perhaps that's too much effort :)
Lemore
Tester

by messica » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:19 pm

There are bound to be others out there who want a guild like this so I'm sure you could start your own if that's what you decide. However, as was said before, there is a certain amount of commitment involved in raiding no matter what so if people don't show up half the time ready to go members get annoyed and in turn stop showing up until there is no guild left. You have to draw the line somewhere between casual and hardcore that doesn't turn away people who actually want to progress. This is much harder in Vanilla than in later expansions imo.
messica
Sergeant
Sergeant

by joshbpepper » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:45 pm

Ya I know what you mean. This just needs a really large guild that's also a PvP guild that may help fill spots if ppl are missing.
joshbpepper
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Aquane » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:10 am

Lemore wrote:"Semi-hardcore." Do guilds like these even exist? If you're going to raid, a certain amount of effort - including farming consumables - is required if you want to make any sort of progress. The other option is to progress very slowly, and even then you'll hit a wall at some point (fire res on Raggy for instance). Sure, there are guilds where you can kind of float along for raids and get away with not doing much aside from turning up to raids to mash buttons, but if so, you're carried along by other people and their effort, not to mention their kindness. If you don't farm your pots then who will? If you go for a sub-par off spec, then someone with a "better" spec will be carrying you. Being a good player and knowing your class will only take you so far, especially in Vanilla.

To me, it sounds like you're describing a casual guild. Farming consumables for a raid to me doesn't equal "hardcore" at all. It's what you have to do to get through certain encounters, especially if the guild is only just starting out.

Another suggestion, since you seem mightily frustrated with the lack of these semi-hardcore guilds, is to start your own guild? But perhaps that's too much effort :)

thanks for pointing out resistances, I wasn't thinking of that when I made my post, but I'm sure some people knew what I meant anyway

now that I think about it maybe there is no such thing as a semi-hardcore raid guild since a minimum amount of effort is required for raiding, but of course there is a way to determine how hardcore a guild is, maybe I just want a guild thats borderline casual then

I'd imagine it is too much trouble to make my own guild; not only would I have to put up with complaints from players about other players or officers or me, but I'd have to make a website maybe purchase a VoIP server and keep track of DKP; I know officers are there to help with that, but if I don't do any of it I don't think it'd be right

the only things I could imagine myself doing as a GM is master looting for the duration of some raids and loosely keeping officers in line
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Looking for US casual raiding guild

by Xaqshnr » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:00 am

It is totally possible be a "semi-hardcore" guild and still find success. There are certain things that are required to raid. Being prepared is one of them and being prepared includes having your consumables (food, drink, potions, etc). That is not being hardcore, that is being prepared.

When I think of "semi-hardcore" or "casual" I think of a guild and raid team that does all of the proper preparation for a raid but raids fewer nights every week (1-3 instead of 4-6). They are not chasing world/server firsts but are instead aiming to see and complete the content. You do not need to be a hardcore, raid every night, min/max every item and spec to do this. These are the guilds I always find myself raiding with because I prefer the pace at which they progress and I have not yet played a game that this guilds do not exist in. It's much easier on me with a full time career and a full time family.

The player that wants to be carried because they do not prepare themselves for the raid is not a "casual" or "semi-hardcore" raider, but a lazy raider. And to clarify I do not believe playing a "sub-optimal" spec is considered lazy or unprepared. An above average player can play a below average class/spec at the same level that a below average or average player can play an above average class/spec. And as always... Proper preparation prevents piss poor performance.

In conclusion... keep looking. As long as prepare your self properly and do what needs to be done, you will find the guild you are looking for. They are out there.
Xaqshnr
Tester

Re: Looking for US casual raiding guild

by raydawg04 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:54 am

Hey Aquane,

Check my thread I just posted. It sounds like you might be a good fit and we might be what you're looking for. Let me know if you're interested by responding to it if so.

I look forward to hearing from you
raydawg04
Private
Private

Return to Horde guilds headquarters