NA - Experienced Players, Eventual Raiding

Guilds information & recruitment - For the Horde !

NA - Experienced Players, Eventual Raiding

by raydawg04 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:52 pm

Hey All,

I'm interested in starting a guild of people who want to form a tight-knit group of close friends, eventually raid, but aren't trying to GUN for server first or anything. The goal is obviously to get 60 as fast as possible and start gearing up, but we're not going to make it our life's goal. Obviously we will all be progressing at different rates, but I want to set nights of the week that we all try to be on and do dungeons together. Whatever works for the majority, just kind of get into the swing of things prior to 60 so we can get some experience with each other, know who is the core group, and be fully ready to start gearing up for MC at 60!

Myself I am experienced in retail vanilla wow and some experience after, but most experience in vanilla. I am planning on rolling a Hunter, that is what I played in retail and I love them. Since retail I have played a bit on Vanilla Gaming, and now that Nost is opening another server I'm excited to get going with a real blizz-like population. My raiding experience is up to BWL so I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing more content. Also there are currently 4-5 of us interested in forming this guild, not all of those I consider officer material so I am still looking for officers and leadership oriented individuals.

I won't be posting the name now, so that it doesn't get taken, and I will be deciding whether or not to make this guild depending on the kind of reaction I get from this thread. So if you're at all interested post a reply and we can all talk more about it! Just respond with your;

Planned class/es that you're debating
Raiding experience (or wow experience in general, even lack thereof makes no difference to me! A desire to learn will take you far here)
What you're looking for
What you expect out of a guild
Etc.

I look forward to talking to you all!

Current in-game name on Nost PvP server: Rhaydawg, only level 20ish just rolled him yesterday to get back into the swing of things and prep for the launch.
raydawg04
Private
Private

Re: NA - Experienced Players, Eventual Raiding

by Elvalia Evrion » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:16 pm

Heya Rhaydawg!

I would gladly join your guild. Still wondering if ill be playing a hunter or a shaman. I started playing wow just before the launch of bc and played all the way to draenor. I havent been raiding all that much, due to lack of time. What im looking for is team spirit and certainly no drama. I will help anyone that is in need if i can. I expect ill be able to play around 20 hours a week.

Looking forward to see you in game.

Rick.
Elvalia Evrion
Tester

by Lylie » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:57 pm

Having been on the hardcore end of the raiding business in vanilla, TBC, and Wrath, I think I'm kinda burnt out on such intensity, so this sounds right up my proverbial alley. You can count me in. I'm a big fan of also just helping other people out when it comes to dungeon/gear/whatever runs and for helping out on group questing. I'll be sure to make contact in-game at some point soon.

Lylie
Lylie
Tester

by Murderdeath » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:11 am

I am planning on rolling a warrior and I am looking for a guild that will take me on as their main tank. Assuming of course I level in time, get geared up, and don't suck. I really need a strong guild to level with as warrior leveling alone is a bit of a grind. I play all the tank classes on retail and I leveled a warrior to 35 in Nost PVP. I want to come to the PVE side for a fresh server start and to level with a group that will try to clear all the content before the release of TBC. I'll check back after I roll my toon this weekend and try to hook up. I plan on playing as much as real life will permit (20+ hours per week) and can do dungeons/raids on weekends.
See you soon.
Murderdeath
Tester

by raydawg04 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:56 pm

Hey guys!

Ryan here (Rhay), glad to see you all expressing interest! It's definitely a start and you all sound like a great core group to start with. I want to respond to you all individually and then give a status update as to where I'm at right now in terms of plans;

Rick: Glad to hear you want to join, maybe this will be your time to break into the raiding scene a bit ;) it really is a ton of fun progressing. Totally up to you though if you would rather take it easy and just be a member, that is cool too.

Lylie: Glad to hear you're in :) it will be nice to have someone with all of that experience as it sounds like you have more than I do. Definitely an asset. What classes are you debating?

Murderdeath: Intense name man. Lol awesome that you're a tank though, hard to come by and can never have enough. We definitely would take you on as our main tank provided you are up to it when the time comes. Totally up to you, and how things play out.

Just so you all know there are at least 3 others that are with us who are not on these boards; a priest, a shaman, and 1 undecided.

My plans as of now are still tentative, an idea has been raised of possibly talking with the other casual raid guilds that have posted on this board and seeing about coming together to create a larger community. I will of course keep you all updated on that and we would decide as a team. For now I have been leveling my character on the PvP server, and have started building a guild there as a fallback plan/2nd option in case things don't work out, or this PvE server ends up being too much of a zoo with the 2500 player cap. If things do work out then this guild I am building now on the PvP server could serve as additional players who will come with us.

Let me know what you guys think of everything I've said here, I look forward to hearing from you all!

Ryan (Rhaydawg)
raydawg04
Private
Private

by ChrisAZ » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:11 am

I myself have been planning on rolling a Troll Mage, and really getting into the whole vanilla experience. I have been playing retail wow since WotLK, and progressed through every single one of them while getting Ahead of the Curve on a few of the raids, but am really interested in getting into Vanilla progression. My main on the PVP server was/is a lvl 40 priest, who I will unfortunately stop playing in order to get an opportunity to play on a fresh server, with NO ganking :lol: .

I've been searching for a while now for a guild that was right for me. One that isn't SUPER serious about progression, but is still pretty dedicated. I try to find a guild like the one I was in on retail, a tight-knit group of people, around 40-50, looking to, above all, just have fun and help one another. If you do end up forming this guild I would love to see if you guys are right for me!
ChrisAZ
Tester

by nuhu » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:38 am

Hey rhaydawg,

I'd definitely be interested in joining too! Do you have a more definite number of people so far and what the class balance looks like?

I am completely open to playing just about any class (I played vanilla Druid/Mage, and virtually every other class in retail after that), and I just wanted to know if we had any glaring holes/roles that needed filling.

I've raided retail since vanilla and in every expansion after, both hardcore and casual, and I was in a pretty intensive, world first caliber guild during vanilla retail so I'm pretty well versed in the dungeons and raids. I'm mostly just looking to re-experience the classic wow game again, with a good, tight-nit group of people, and being apart of the "core" group isn't necessarily everything to me. I'm just looking for a great group of people to play with!

nuhu
nuhu
Tester

by Borella » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:15 pm

Hey Borella here and I am very interested in your guild.
Planned class/es that you're debating:
Warrior (tank/end game dps), Mage, and Rogue. (Will learn a heal class if requested, will just take a bit of time)

Raiding experience (or wow experience in general, even lack thereof makes no difference to me! A desire to learn will take you far here):
In retail I raided part of BC(healer), all of wotlk except Ulduar(warrior tank, rogue/shaman dps), skipped Cata, SoO in MoP(rogue (old normal/heroic)), normal/heroic WoD (mage)

What you're looking for:
A chill guild to lvl and raid with and get the job done, but have a good time doing so and able to get serious when needed most.

What you expect out of a guild:
I expect a good community (hard to come by but can be dealt with), people willing to help others if they can (quest wise and such no give me mount gold), just overall people who can make the game fun and not like a night/day job
Borella
Tester

by raydawg04 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:08 pm

Hey all!

To the new posters, glad to see you all showing interest! Same format as before I will respond to you all individually and then wrap up with current class listings and plans;

ChrisAZ: A Troll Mage sounds like a great addition. Awesome that you're interested in getting into vanilla progression as so are we. Your description of what you're looking for sounds like a great fit!

Nuhu: Awesome that you're open to fill needs in the class area, and that you have experience. So far with everyone who has posted I think we have around 11 people to start with. I haven't yet asked the guild I am in on the PvP server so that number will likely be growing. At the end here I will post what classes we have so far and you can make your decision from there?

Borella: Great to hear from you, I like your style as far as having a good time but being able to get serious when needed most. Your answers sound like a great fit and if whichever class you end up deciding on is cool with us. Rest assured you will find a good community here.

Class listing thus far;
1 Hunter, 1 Hunter/Shaman, 1 Warrior, 1 Mage, 1 Warrior/Mage/Rogue, 1 Shaman, 1 Priest, 3 Undecided

So it looks like any class is still a viable option for those undecided. Warlocks are usually few and far between so that is a strong option for those undecided/trying to fill holes.

On server launch, join channel Omnia (type /join Omnia then hit enter) and we can all talk and discuss guild name options prior to our actually being able to fund the charter.

Let me know what you think and if you have any questions! :D

Ryan (Rhaydawg)
raydawg04
Private
Private

by Shadowpve » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:19 pm

What kind of loot system will the guild use?
Shadowpve
Private
Private

Next

Return to Horde guilds headquarters