Reasons why you will reroll on PvE server

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: Reasons why you will reroll on PvE server

by PanTheSatyr » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:02 pm

I despise PvP in general and ganking in particular. However, I have invested mightily in my main and Lv 40 alt. But if I do decide to create another character, it will be on the PvE realm.
PvP Realm
Malachic - Lv 60 Mage (Frost)
Malapriest - Lv 60 Priest (Heals)
Malahunt - Lv 60 Hunter (Bang/Twang)

♫ Dance with Pan and Drink with Bacchus! ♫
PanTheSatyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Shelburnn » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:42 pm

I was late to the first server and I'd prefer to level without the fear of ganks so I dont mind waiting for the pve server to come.
Shelburnn
Grunt
Grunt

by koda1955 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:49 am

Soulxlock wrote:For everyone who already has a character on the PvP server and plans on switching realms. Please state your reasons why you would reroll on the upcoming PvE server. Sadly this forum doesn't offer a poll option, I would really like to know if ganking and corpse camping is the #1 reason.

Myself I have a lvl 20 human warlock and haven't encountered much ganking yet. Mostly because I haven't left the alliance starting zones yet apart from Redridge (where I have been ganked ofc). but I hear it's pretty bad and I don't want to waste my limited time with corspe runs. I've heard horror stories about STV being a real mess and questing there is almost impossible :? .

Ganking is only reason, you don't need explanation
koda1955
Private
Private

by Rosenwyn » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:44 am

Well, the difference between a PVE and a PVP server is if you can attack another player without her/his allowance. So maybe some people just want to have a choice: if they want to pvp, they pvp. If they don't, they turn off the flag and enjoy flowers.
-You can't do that while incapacitated
-You can't do that while polymorphed
-You can't do that while silenced
-You can't do that while stunned
-You can't do that while frozen
-You can't do that while feared
-You can't do that while dead
Rosenwyn
Grunt
Grunt

by Orc_Hunter » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:47 pm

Because I love PvP and even world PvP, but I prefer being able to CHOOSE when I do those activities. I can do all the PvP I want on a PvE server... again, by CHOICE. And the times I just want to relax and do some PvE, I don't have my playtime affected (infected) by someone who wants to ruin my day.
Orc_Hunter
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Shadowfox » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:49 pm

I've played on some pretty awesome pvp servers over the years - huge wpvp guilds constantly creating events, battling each other and taking over cities almost daily, defense channels buzzing with activity and yet individual players actually having a sense of honor. WOTLK on Emerald Dream (RPPVP) was probably the highlight of that for me.

The reason I won't play on Nost's pvp server is because this server seems to be the complete opposite of those good experiences. Griefing lowbies, cowardly behavior, stupid/toxic communication and no actual wpvp activity to speak of. I really can't help but to feel sorry for those who think that this is what world pvp is about.

Also, my first vanilla server was pve and I have very fond memories of that time. For that reason alone, if I'm going to do this again, it should be pve. :)
Shadowfox
Private
Private

by pita » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:42 pm

Been playing on the pvp realm for a while as a 60 dps/pvp war (but far after it launched)

for me the fresh start is probably the only reason i decided to reroll into the pve realm and also stopped on the original realm.

obviously I would much prefer a pvp realm.
The ongoing fight between the horde and the alliance is part of the lore and as a fantasy fan i would love to keep the world free and dangrous.
for those who complain about ganks I can relate, it is mentaly devstating to run back half a map when just a minute before you finished your last corpse run.... it is time consuming and sometime can cause you to just quit for the day... but! killing the oposite faction yields satisfaction, is aligned with the lore and creates lots of fun memories. "that times we were attacked and were outnumberd... fighting higher level and won!" "that time I saved that poor priest while he was ganked and felt like a true paladin"
might sound laughable but for me it is an integral part of the game.
maybe its because i have more free time or just simply becausei enjoy that aspect of the game.

hope people will turn their pvp flag on when the gates open :)
pita
Grunt
Grunt

by Wraith§Reaver » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:39 pm

Shimmerleaf wrote:[...]It would also give me a chance to level my characters in time to claim some of the pre 1.4 mounts, which I was really looking forward to when I first joined Nostalrius.[...]

This for me, even thou I'm here since the launch.

"Then why have you been here for so long and stil not managed to get one man!?"

You've got a point there, but I've taken the leveling very slowly, and decided to enjoy more the lore from quests and the <40 instances, and in general I have never created and stuck with only one character at time (for gdr reasons), and haven't been a good farmer either since my playtime has always been limited by study and commitments.
But despite this I will continue to play for sure on both realms, despite the insane ganking sometimes, but that's part of the game, and for me it would be a shame to lose a lot of friendly people who still play normally on the PvP.
So I plan to create only one character on the PvE and focus on that one there.
Wraith§Reaver
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Fenomstormguard » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:12 pm

Cant wait to start the PVE realm.

I found Nostalrius recently. I got 1 friend, 1 coworker, and my girlfriend to play so I had the making of a group.

Thanks to a certain chat, /cough Barrens, our spidey sense started tingling about the douchebaggery that was happening outside of the nub zones.

I started the hunt for a PVE realm. Nostalrius to the rescue.

Loved the original content. Loved the original dungeons. Great experience way back.

I want that again.

(Side note: Why hasnt anyone tried the World PVP +/- 5 or even +/- 10. Seems like that would kill the ganking and have prevented what seems to be a ton of people having bad experiences on the PVP servers)
Fenomstormguard
Tester

by paparia » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:53 pm

World pvp or ganking is not the reason i am joining the pve realm (i like being on alert to avoid ?? )

I join it hoping to find more pve minded ppl.
Be able to do uldaman without w8ing 2hours for a ...........dps :P

from 40 to 58 it was imposible to find a decent dungeon group duno maybe it is just me
paparia
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion