TRANSFERS

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

TRANSFERS

by lianail2 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:19 am

now as far as i can tell transfers are not going to be a thing

now your making a huge mistake
1st this might be the reason people leave "my friends are leaving to the pve server and i really should kick this addiction so now is a good time"
2nd monetization for a server that is having no donations at all and is still running is good but im sure you would all be happy to not have to pay as much even 1 dollar for a transfer adds up but i would be fine too pay for more now you all a probably gonna scream things like P2W and do you want free legendaries with that but have we not earned what we have have we not grinded our way through STV and arathi etc etc
3rd people get attached too their characters and it really is hard not too if you were too remake your character the entire time when your playing catch up would suck and feel hollow
4th not everyone has the time to start again leveling through all over again

now i would be fine too compromises
some i have thought up are
losing any gold that is higher than a cap (id say 50)
(losing any raid gear
even losing access to your epic mounts until X characters get their epic mount)
OR not being able transfer anyone that is 60 what ever is best in your opinion
not being able to transfer until at least X amount of characters hit 60
if you have any other compromises i would be fine too hear them

so please nost gods out their answer my prayer and im sure alot of other people's prayers and let us keep our characters and the stories and adventures we created together
lianail2
Tester

Re: TRANSFERS

by Soulxlock » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:24 am

I doubt this will happen because it's gonna be a fresh start for everyone. Now imagine what a headstart you could get if you transfer your lvl 60 character and start farming all the high lvl zones almost alone. It just wouldn't be fair to the others who start from scratch.
Soulxlock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Brunchkin » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:29 am

We will all be Lv 1 with terrible gear. :)
Brunchkin
Sergeant
Sergeant

by MrMisfit » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:41 am

I'd just prefer a fresh start and the Devs focus on the server and not on needless transfers.

But that's just my 2 coppers.
MrMisfit
Grunt
Grunt

by Kazy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:52 am

Well... Transfers would be a bad idea in my opinion. But if it was done right, I'd be okay with it.

No transfers untill at least 2 months have passed to allow fresh players time to catch up.
The character will have any raid gear and recipes taken away.
The character will have any gear and recipes that haven't been released on PvE taken away.
The character will have any reputations that haven't been released on the PvE taken away.
The character should also have any trade goods taken away.
The character should have a gold limit for the transfer (like 100 gold or so).

I doubt it is going to happen, because to do all these steps a person would have to get involved and check the character, taking up a lot of time doing so, and doing anything less than described would create unfair advantages to the transfering character(s).
Kazy
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Oitake » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:30 am

I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think transfers aren't a great idea at all, especially not at launch, but you covered that with your comprimises.

If they would go for transfers, I would suggest to do that only when the pve server has caught up to the pvp server, but I'm afraid that'll influence the process on the pve server very negatively as we would be rushed to run through the patches just to catch up.

So trying to find a solution, you'll either end up with the pve players having to rush, or the pvp transfers having to wait for months and months.
There are no two sides, there's only the group.
Oitake
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Coreborn » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:32 am

NO TRANSFER EVER - NONE - ZERO - NULL - NIKS - NEE - NOPE & NO!!!!

What ruined the servers in retail was the transfer options. People started to
level up on pve server, for than transferring to pvp.

That also meant that the morons on pvp server was the majority of the players on
the pve server, because it took faster to level up and they could just transfer.

If you are so attached to your character. Than stay exactly where you are.
Coreborn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Tsutey » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:41 am

Transfers would be biggest mistake for PvE realm. It ruined retail servers and it would do very same thing in here. So No transfer EVER.

If you like you char on PvP realm and you dont wanna start FRESH char, then stay where you are ;)
Flammie <Voltaic> - alliance weekend raiding on Nostalrius PvE
Tsutey
Grunt
Grunt

by Niko » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:06 am

Offtopic
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Zaft » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:28 am

They have already stated that it won't ever happen.
Zaft
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion