Shamans

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Shamans

by Hylla16 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:50 am

Ok hello everyone. I have made my first character in vanilla now, a shaman. I want to raid with the shaman but i don't want to play resto. Can i raid as Enhancement (Would prefer not playing elemental cause my main in WoD is elemental) or is that completely unreasonable?
Hylla16
Tester

Re: Shamans

by Gheneb » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:12 am

Despite what people say, you can raid as a single enhancement shammy, as long as you use nightfall and your guild agrees to it.
Gheneb
Private
Private

by Ellmo » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:22 am

I've seen 1 or so Enhance shamans in raids so you just have to be lucky to get a spot ^_^, Its good to put them in melee grps imo
Deja Vu ~ class leader

Smork ~ 60 Orc Hunter
Ellmo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Rhook » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:01 pm

Two things to mention.
First as mentioned abouve, its really hard to find a guild who will accept an enhancement shaman. Also there is lack of gear. And rogues / hunters wont be your best friends in the guild.
Secondly you should deal with the fact that your damage is average. Every rogue, fury warrior, mage, lock and hunter will beat you in dps if you arent lucky on wf procs.
The only two reasons why you are brought to the raid are buffing the meleegroup aka totemslave and the lulz.

Enhamcement shams were incredible buffed in bc and wotlk.
Rhook
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Skrofler » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:45 am

Did you bother looking in the shaman sub-forum?
https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewforum.php?f=42
Skrofler
Grunt
Grunt

by Noselacri » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:09 pm

Some guilds will bring a single enhancement shaman, but it's still a case of 100 enh shamans trying to get that spot in one of the 5-10 guilds that raid. Same goes for ret paladins.
Noselacri
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Pokeypointy » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:11 pm

If you want another not so viable class/spec but with bad odds of getting a raidspot, try getting in as a ret paladin or shadow priest but forget about balance druid.
Viper wrote:Greetings, as stated earlier, transfer won't be possible.
Pokeypointy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Acousticferret » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:30 am

Or spec ele only do pvp and win
Acousticferret
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by zerf » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:10 am

Nightfall recipe becomes only available with BWL, right? Plus, with 8 debuff slots, idk if nightfall debuff would even stay on boss. That leaves only totems for melee group, which resto can provide anyway.

On other hand, MC is easy and you can bring anything there.
vanilla wow addon collection - http://addons.us.to
zerf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion