Will Tauren have it easier on opening day?

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: Will Tauren have it easier on opening day?

by Larsen » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:01 am

squishums wrote:
Larsen wrote:
squishums wrote:I have a theory though that the fastest possible leveling will be to roll a troll/orc. After getting a few levels in durotar (specifically targeting the "location" quests (pick axe, centaur plans, mishna's skull), you swin to rachet. You get all the barrens flight paths on your way, and then take advantage of mulgore. The transit time is not wasted, because you will make that transit eventually anyway.

That probably won't be worthwhile. The key to getting a good start is to get ahead of the curve. What happens is 75% of the server will be around the same level and it'll be a nightmare to get stuck in that blob of people. Instead, if you can get just a few steps ahead, things get a lot better. It's the difference between having to compete with three other people for a collect quest, or thirty other people. This advantage snowballs as those stuck in the middle of the curve level more slowly, and you can end up multiple levels ahead with the same time played if you just give yourself the optimal start. Spending 40 minutes running to Mulgore will ensure that you don't get ahead.

I know what you mean, but I dont think you will be able to "get ahead of the curve" much until you actually leave the original 1-12 zone. The whole place will be full. Even if you are level 10 fast, you will still be competing with level 6s. The Barrens is where you can actually start getting ahead, and by then the 30 minutes you wasted running will be refunded to you because you get to fly there.

By the time everyone has every flightpath (tb, 3 in the barrens and org), you will have actually saved time, because you got the Org flightpath without ever going anywhere near it.

I tested this last night, and was level 12 in XR with all my flightpaths at 3h35m. I think Joana's guide takes more than 5 hours, but he is on a new server thats busier than Nost-pvp, and has some really timeconsuming hunter quests.

You're not really supposed to do most of the quests in the beginning. The key to getting that one step ahead of everyone is to find a spot to grind mobs. Even on a super crowded launch, you can usually find some spot that has no quests and thus isn't so crowded. Most players will mindlessly try to do the quests because that's what the guides tell you to do, but you can get to level 6 faster than those players if you know how, and then you can move on to the next quest hub and start snowballing.
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion