Poll: Faction Choice, >48 hours edition.

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: Poll: Faction Choice, >48 hours edition.

by leinhart117 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:24 am

oh man i wanna try horde , but less people on the pve server turns me away from it =(.

one question tough is it much harder for horde to find tanks for endgame 5mans since hordes have less classes that can tank?
leinhart117
Tester

by Mustard » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:33 am

leinhart117 wrote:oh man i wanna try horde , but less people on the pve server turns me away from it =(.

one question tough is it much harder for horde to find tanks for endgame 5mans since hordes have less classes that can tank?

I don't think the amount of paladin tanks skew the total # at all, imo.
Mustard
Private
Private

by Viorus » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:33 am

Alliance because Horde is evil and ugly.
Viorin, 60 Night Elf Druid (USA), Knight-Champion

"Strive for greatness."
Viorus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Whisperwind » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:54 am

I picked alliance mainly for nostalgia, I've played horde from BC to WOD. But alliance is my roots when it comes to vanilla. Its nice to see almost an even split though.
Whisperwind
Private
Private

by Nefelpitou » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:44 am

leinhart117 wrote:oh man i wanna try horde , but less people on the pve server turns me away from it =(.

It's been a loooong time since I did anything vanilla, but warriors tend to be the go-to tank.

Most PvE pallies were in charge of keeping 40 people buffed up and throwing in heals when possible.
Nefelpitou
Tester

by Harren » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:53 am

Moozer wrote:The previous poll has been open for 18 days, and it's jumped between Alliance Favour and Horde Favour dramatically at times. In 18 days, people can change their mind. So, here's another. In less than 48 hours the PvE server will open it's gates. Which side are you set on now?

http://goo.gl/N9TGSs

Well the bad thing is that your voting system can be abused by voting endlessly by one person so I or anyone else can change the results, its doesnt have a protection against multiple votes from the same IP ... you should have picked different vote provider as these results cant be taken seriously.
Harren
Grunt
Grunt

by Larsen » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:25 am

Harren wrote:Well the bad thing is that your voting system can be abused by voting endlessly by one person so I or anyone else can change the results, its doesnt have a protection against multiple votes from the same IP ... you should have picked different vote provider as these results cant be taken seriously.

I'm pretty sure people did that with the class poll. No way is warlock gonna be more popular than rogue and warrior combined. Not sure why that polling site doesn't have simple IP detection.
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Whisperwind » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:06 am

I have to agree, and to be totally honest I seriously doubt the numbers are going to be that equal on live. 60/40 is the realistic look, might even be more in the alliance favor. I remember back in vanilla my main server I raided on was 70/30 in alliance favor most of vanilla. There were only 3 guilds on horde that even raided. Verses the about 12 on alliance side. Now when it comes to pvp servers that is where you saw the numbers in the hordes favor.
Whisperwind
Private
Private

by Veydron » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:40 pm

Actually is Alliance 47 : 46 Horde (with 8% Undecided)

So it looks very simlar to PvP Nost, i think most of Horde rolls are PvPler on this PvE server, most alliance are Raider..

So i think i stick with horde
Veydron
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Moozer » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:00 pm

At this point, the difference is really negatable for confirmed. 18 people difference. And given new people tend to enjoy scoping which might be the better option. I'd imagine it would be fairly balanced given there's no heavy leaning.
Moozer
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion