Can you kill quest giver NPCs on PvE servers? :)

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Can you kill quest giver NPCs on PvE servers? :)

by Capaszabi » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:55 pm

Never played on PvE before, just asking. I'm wondering how to force a PvP situation on a PvE server... o.O
Capaszabi
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Can you kill quest giver NPCs on PvE servers? :)

by Hireynip » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:02 pm

yea I don't see why not :P
Hireynip
Grunt
Grunt

by Aquane » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:21 pm

you could just do that on the pvp server instead

regardless theres 'better' places to grief than private WoW servers OP
such as minecraft, especially classic servers if they still have em; those places are often filled with 10-15 year olds who'll get really, really mad if you break their blocks, and i dont think micro$oft will ban your minecraft account for griefing; can't exactly say the same for nost's administration

edit: my apologies for being so judgemental OP, the subject field and original post in this thread is a pretty red flag; at least I get to be wrong for once
Last edited by Aquane on Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by TOVAR » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:35 pm

Aquane wrote:you could just do that on the pvp server instead

They won't be able to annoy the 'Carebears' on the PvP server anymore, so trying hard to waste some own play time and somehow annoy them on the PvE server instead..
“No good deed goes unpunished.” - Oscar Wilde
Thank you Nostalrius!
TOVAR
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Veydron » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:50 pm

Yes you can.

But you automaticly flagged for PvP so other players can attack you.
Veydron
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Capaszabi » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:57 pm

Well, I've never did that so far in my "not small amount of" time played, though it's funny you instantly call it griefing and send me to the deepest circle of hell. :) The question was about the fact it can be done or not. :)

FYI Killing an NPC is not griefing unless you do it several times making others unable to use the NPC for it's intended purpose. According to this, rep. farming in BB would be griefing, though it is not. :)

Also, since it's the most inefficient way of gathering honor/kills to kill ppl outside of bgs, I really don't get the point why anyone with the slightest amount of brain would do that. :) Yet, ppl keep doing that.
Capaszabi
Grunt
Grunt

by Bad Acid » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:17 pm

I plan on annoying people aswell once I hit level 60 :D

By the way, I don't really understand why you can get banned for killing NPCs, that's not very blizzlike, is it? I mean, it's not like people can't gather and kill you, right?
Bad Acid
Grunt
Grunt

by Whisperwind » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:25 pm

It is blizzlike on pve servers, but it is mostly related to camping important quest NPC's.
Whisperwind
Private
Private

by Capaszabi » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:41 pm

Bad Acid wrote:I plan on annoying people aswell once I hit level 60 :D

By the way, I don't really understand why you can get banned for killing NPCs, that's not very blizzlike, is it? I mean, it's not like people can't gather and kill you, right?

Indeed. Blizz's policy is to leave such situations to players (forcing multiplayer issues, and conversations). "Ask for help on /1 /g /defense and such."

Personally I find these methods useless most of the time and just log on a toon in an another level range. :)
Capaszabi
Grunt
Grunt

by Diametra » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Yes it can be done.

As bad as folks can irritate you on a private vanilla pvp server, they're nothing compared to the grievers on a crz pve realm. On my retail PvE server, we had the same two rogues at saldaens klling questgivers, and the same party of five killing quest givers at honor hold, every night...not for days, not for weeks, but for months. Every. Freaking. Night...for hours.

They take clinically insane to new levels.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Next

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion