Petition to force Waxface to make his own channel

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: Petition to force Waxface to make his own channel

by XJ9 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:56 am

shaana wrote:Waxface is dead, no news for a while now...

Good, maybe he took my suggestion of playing in traffic with a blindfold on.
Anything posted on this account is said on behalf of myself and myself alone. None of my posts are influenced by guild affiliation and any issues you have with me should be taken up with me. Anything positive or negative is said by me, not my guild.
XJ9
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by t3hpwn3r3r » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:53 am

"I don't like what he does. Let's spoil his fun."
t3hpwn3r3r
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by XJ9 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:03 pm

t3hpwn3r3r wrote:"I don't like what he does. Let's spoil his fun."

World Chat has a purpose that is finding groups, trading, and questions. Hosting a giveaway where the entry is to input something in the world chat channel impedes that. I know you're trying to troll but really man, a little more effort was not hard.
Anything posted on this account is said on behalf of myself and myself alone. None of my posts are influenced by guild affiliation and any issues you have with me should be taken up with me. Anything positive or negative is said by me, not my guild.
XJ9
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by t3hpwn3r3r » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:43 pm

XJ9 wrote:World Chat has a purpose that is finding groups, trading, and questions. Hosting a giveaway where the entry is to input something in the world chat channel impedes that.

Yeah, and...?

I didn't claim otherwise. What I actually claimed was that you don't like what he's doing so you want to put an end to it. There's a gaping distinction. Thing is, if you had a backbone you would admit that the real reason for your censure is because you personally find it annoying and not because it's against the rules.
t3hpwn3r3r
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by XJ9 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:07 am

t3hpwn3r3r wrote:
XJ9 wrote:World Chat has a purpose that is finding groups, trading, and questions. Hosting a giveaway where the entry is to input something in the world chat channel impedes that.

Yeah, and...?

I didn't claim otherwise. What I actually claimed was that you don't like what he's doing so you want to put an end to it. There's a gaping distinction. Thing is, if you had a backbone you would admit that the real reason for your censure is because you personally find it annoying and not because it's against the rules.

Nice assumption, never mind the fact a lot of us have some dignity and respect for rules. No, maybe YOU might act like a hooligan towards rules but I don't. If I didn't like what he was doing I would be advocating for him to be outright banned, notice how a lot of us are more "Let him do his shit, just in a different channel"? We're not annoyed at his giveaways as much as it provokes a ton of spam in world chat and we want it out of world because it's rule violation (Especially if I can't intentionally start flame wars in World Chat then promoting spam should be handled the same) and because it's irritating. Some of us more for the fact it's violation, others more for the annoyance.
XJ9
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by t3hpwn3r3r » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:41 am

XJ9 wrote:
t3hpwn3r3r wrote:

Yeah, and...?

Nice assumption, never mind the fact a lot of us have some dignity and respect for rules. No, maybe YOU might act like a hooligan towards rules but I don't. If I didn't like what he was doing I would be advocating for him to be outright banned, notice how a lot of us are more "Let him do his shit, just in a different channel"? We're not annoyed at his giveaways as much as it provokes a ton of spam in world chat and we want it out of world because it's rule violation (Especially if I can't intentionally start flame wars in World Chat then promoting spam should be handled the same) and because it's irritating. Some of us more for the fact it's violation, others more for the annoyance.

Are you seriously trying to argue that you personally have no problem with the spam and only reason that you're doing this is for the good of the server? Yeah, you're either delusional or lying. If you're going to claim that you're doing something completely out of character with how humans normally behave then you'll have to do a lot better than "nice assumption" otherwise people are just going to call bullshit.

I'm not advocating breaking the rules. When have I said anything even remotely like that? Neither am I saying that you don't have respect for the rules. What I'm actually saying is that your motive for your petty little crusade is not as altruistic as you claim. There's a distinction.

For someone who's is very quick to accuse other people of trolling you're doing an awful lot of strawmanning.
t3hpwn3r3r
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Waxface » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:30 pm

Guys !!!!! I'm sorry ! I never meant for any of this to happen, we need love each other !!! AND DEFEAT THE ALLIENCE !!! LLMMBBAAooo
Waxface
Sergeant
Sergeant

by XJ9 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:44 pm

So, just because you as a person are shitty and choose to be selfish with your means apparently that means we all are? Shocker, some of us are sympathetic of other people. I said "nice assumption" because that's all it is. There is no factual backing or anything aside from what you think. I however know my meaning behind my words so I can make the claim it is an assumption, especially an incorrect one.

"What I'm actually saying is that your motive for your petty little crusade is not as altruistic as you claim. There's a distinction. " I point out again how foolish this stance is because it's entirely an opinion and a wrong one at that. Basically all you're doing is taking a guess and putting your bits in the same basket that you might be right when in fact you are wrong.

Newsflash, people are concerned with other players. Just because I give somebody a ring doesn't mean I'm expecting something back, I legitimately care for their character progression and am selfless enough to give them the item. No idea why this is so hard to comprehend, maybe you're just a primitive ape that never developed empathy.

If you could read you'd also realize I stated I had zero issue with his giveaway in another channel but I'd prefer it not clutter world chat.
XJ9
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by t3hpwn3r3r » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:06 pm

XJ9 wrote:So, just because you as a person are shitty and choose to be selfish with your means apparently that means we all are?

Nope, didn't say that. To clarify, I'm basing my opinion not upon myself but on the behavior I have observed in other people.

XJ9 wrote:I said "nice assumption" because that's all it is. There is no factual backing or anything aside from what you think. I however know my meaning behind my words so I can make the claim it is an assumption, especially an incorrect one.

I didn't claim it wasn't an assumption, neither did I claim I had any kind of factual backing. What I'm actually saying is that if you say something ludicrous without backing it up with evidence then people, quite rightly, won't believe you. In short, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying I don't believe you.

XJ9 wrote:"What I'm actually saying is that your motive for your petty little crusade is not as altruistic as you claim. There's a distinction. " I point out again how foolish this stance is because it's entirely an opinion and a wrong one at that.

Where did I claim I was presenting anything other than my opinion? Of course it's my opinion. This is obvious. You have every right to disagree with my opinion, but it's not wrong simply because you say so. You need evidence for that. Or just accept that there's someone out there that doesn't believe you. Your call.

XJ9 wrote:Basically all you're doing is taking a guess and putting your bits in the same basket that you might be right when in fact you are wrong.

Nope, what I've done is compared your story with the behavior I have previously observed in humans and then drawn a conclusion from it. If I'm taking a guess then it's an educated one.

XJ9 wrote:Newsflash, people are concerned with other players. Just because I give somebody a ring doesn't mean I'm expecting something back, I legitimately care for their character progression and am selfless enough to give them the item. No idea why this is so hard to comprehend, maybe you're just a primitive ape that never developed empathy.

I didn't claim you weren't capable of empathy or altruism. What I'm saying is that your claim to be only doing for the good of the server has caused my bullshit detector to light up like a Christmas tree. They are not the same thing.

XJ9 wrote:If you could read you'd also realize I stated I had zero issue with his giveaway in another channel but I'd prefer it not clutter world chat.

That's exactly my point. You don't like it because you can see it. When you can't see it you're not bothered.
t3hpwn3r3r
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by XJ9 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:42 am

There's a core point I've tried getting across to you and you're clearly not understanding it. This isn't rage capitalization, it's emphasis on specific words:

HIS GIVEAWAYS DO NOT BOTHER ME, THE SPAM DOES NOT BOTHER ME PERSONALLY EITHER AND SPAM NEVER WILL BOTHER ME AND IF IT BECOMES PROBLEMATIC I IGNORE IT. THOUGH IT IS UNFAIR TO OTHERS TRYING TO ACTUALLY USE THE CHANNEL AS WELL AS A RULE VIOLATION.

I don't participate in his giveaways in fact I think I have him muted because him constantly repeating the line of "I'll join your guild if you give me gbank access and officer" and this has been since I was around level 40 which places this in late October, very early November at the latest though I would be more certain it was in late October as I hit 60 around the fourth of November. I doubt I did upwards of 15 levels in three days, especially past 40. Though when you constantly had World Chat screaming "Stfu Waxface" after the spam, it's clear to see that people are in fact irritated by it.

Better yet, why are you advocating for him to be able to do this in World Chat? His own channel accomplishes the SAME PURPOSE while not ruining the functionality of World Chat for absolutely everyone else unfortunate to be needing to use World at the time. I'm honestly under the impression you're disagreeing with me solely to disagree with me because you're finding it amusing to feign stupidity. Though I don't accuse blindly, that's just my guess. For all I know you could be sincere, which would be even more troubling.

This is my final response to you if you still are unable to grasp my point of view. At this point it's what I'd imagine having sex with a wall to be like. Progress can be made but you're going to lose interest far before any progress is actually made.
XJ9
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion