Ninja report !

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: Ninja report !

by Glenzig » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:16 pm

Edermask wrote:It was me another hunter and a retri pala ... i had the highest roll 69 the warrior had 70.

So you didn't have the highest roll.
Glenzig
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by acheron55 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:12 pm

cant blame either side. i lost the cape to tanks many times, i still dont have it. if a tank says beforehand he will need dps items and you accept, its fine. but if he is doing it last second, hes a phaggot.

tanks are rare to find so they are spoiled, they want both tank&dps items. (they wouldnt stop crying if a healer was doing the same thing) you can either
a. wait 2 hours till you find a tank who needs prot items only
b. just inv him anyway cuz you are so sick of trying to find a tank
acheron55
Tester

by Tinkertown » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:39 pm

Unless otherwise stated before and during the formation of the group assume the following.

Everyone may need on any item they deem they need for equipping.
Everyone may need on any item that can sell on the auction house.

Statements made at a point after the group is formed doesn't count. Players will often ignore it, especially if it is made after a sizable time investment in waiting for the group to fill up + travel time. If ~1 hour in someone says that they may not roll on one of the reasons, or possibly the sole reason, motivating them to join the group in the first place it is hard to blame them. And if they open their mouth they risk getting kicked. So they won't.
Tinkertown
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by linkitcraig » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:44 am

you got beat by a ret pally

you deserve to get ninja'd from
linkitcraig
Private
Private

by Edermask » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:00 am

I did not... Add the pet dmg to mine and im first... But still in a dungeon full of undeads he should be first... But he's not
Edermask
Tester

by Brion » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:10 pm

troutblock wrote:
Edermask wrote:It is cool that your class can tank and get into a group faster that way . But last i checked dpsers have priority over dps items , unless otherwise specified before starting the dungeon . Please forgive me if im wrong.

You are wrong. At least on every vanilla server I played on, tanks always have right to need on dps gear as most of them play dps as their main raiding spec.

If it didn’t work this way then the amount of tanks on the server would be drastically reduced (and no one would want that).

This. The tank has a right to roll on that.
Quyzbuk - Tauren Warrior [PVP]
Linguo - Tauren Druid [PVE]
Brion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by makem » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:52 pm

I'd like to report Vivified, a Hunter, as a ninja in dungeons for the good of the community. He will need roll on anything of value regardless of the needs of the rest of the group.
makem
Tester

by DeeMarie » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:48 pm

Come on, it's clearly not a ninja report. You lost a roll, have some dignity and don't come crying to the forums over legitimate game play.

If you need an item you need it, even if it's *not as good* for them and BiS for you. I still don't have the cloak either!
Last edited by DeeMarie on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Droom91 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:40 pm

DeeMarie wrote:Come on, it's clearly not a ninja report. You lost a roll, have some dignity and don't come crying to the forums over legitimate game play.

If you need an item you need it, even if it's offspec for them and BiS for you. I still don't have the cloak either!

that's not correct at all.
Main Spec has priority, every single time.
No group will accept off-spec rolling on stuff that main spec needs.
Droom91
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by beercow » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:28 pm

Tinkertown wrote:Everyone may need on any item that can sell on the auction house.

Don't really agree with this. It can go either way, but the group should decide if everyone is rolling greed or need on these items.

Back to the main topic tho...
Any special designations on loot should be predetermined before you start the dungeon. If you don't do that, anyone that wants an item for their class can take it. Consideration for others is always appreciated, but not mandatory.
Best way to avoid this is to do guild runs and avoid pugs.
beercow
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion