Is it really that hard to find dungeon groups?

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Is it really that hard to find dungeon groups?

by trololol » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:45 pm

Reading the forums both here and on reddit, people are saying it is near impossible to find dungeon groups on PvE Nost. Is this true? As someone who plays on the PvP server and is debating on jumping ship, I am curious if I will have problems finding groups. If I do roll on PvE Nost, what Alliance classes are needed? Is DPS a dime a dozen? How about healers? Tanks?

Thanks,
Das Troll
trololol
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Is it really that hard to find dungeon groups?

by Bartolo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:24 pm

Horde side.

My case.

I'm a lock and most times it is difficult to find a Tank for full Scholo and full UBRS. I don't Join to other Dungeons. Well fewvtimes I run Strat undead.

It seems that most people do Rend runs and Strat Undead.

If you run Living Strat sometimes you get a tank if you give himvthe first orb.

Most people
Bartolo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Xethra » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:27 pm

trololol wrote:Reading the forums both here and on reddit, people are saying it is near impossible to find dungeon groups on PvE Nost. Is this true? As someone who plays on the PvP server and is debating on jumping ship, I am curious if I will have problems finding groups. If I do roll on PvE Nost, what Alliance classes are needed? Is DPS a dime a dozen? How about healers? Tanks?

Thanks,
Das Troll

It is not hard to find groups if you put in effort. Join World Chat and LookingForGroup. It may take between 5-15mins (30 potentially on rare occasions)

It also depends on the time of day in which you're searching for groups... if it's at like 1AM PST, which is like 8AM in Europe, then yes you're going to have a much harder time finding groups because less people are online.
Xethra <Goon Squad> - Nostalrius PVE
Class Leader
Restoration Shaman

Xaeth <Odyssey> - Nostalrius PVE
Class Leader
Holy Paladin

http://twitch.tv/xethra89
Xethra
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by MrCer » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:39 pm

You can always try joining a raiding guild as a social. Fast grouping from ppl who know what they are doing (:
MrCer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

When to Look for Groups

by Vandalia1998 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:36 am

I looked for a Deadmines group but was too low to be in one. Not sure what each lv of the dungeons are but Im sure they are proby differnt then they are in retail
Vandalia1998
Grunt
Grunt

Re: When to Look for Groups

by XJ9 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:42 am

Vandalia1998 wrote:I looked for a Deadmines group but was too low to be in one. Not sure what each lv of the dungeons are but Im sure they are proby differnt then they are in retail

For the most part the dungeon requirements are the same as Vanilla to my understanding. I've only had a few instances (no pun intended) of people expecting above the normal level. Like BFD which by my memory was always 22-25 range and some dude here expected me to be level 28 for it. Shame you aren't Horde, usually in my downtime I run groups through instances if they're looking for a tank for ages and seemingly unable to find one.

For Deadmines, typically about 18 will do for a level, I think healers can get by at about 16.
Anything posted on this account is said on behalf of myself and myself alone. None of my posts are influenced by guild affiliation and any issues you have with me should be taken up with me. Anything positive or negative is said by me, not my guild.
XJ9
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by trololol » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:50 pm

Thanks for the responses!
trololol
Grunt
Grunt

by Cussler » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:17 pm

Eastern Time Zone, US is fairly rough to get a PUG on Alliance.

There is an extreme shortage of tanks between 6pm and 9pm. So, tanks run whatever they want. They get all the tank and melee loot they want in a few runs, and quit pugging.

Healers have it a little tougher, and have to be a little open on where they go, but they can usually get a group. Occasionally, they get a drop.

Ranged DPS is highly sought for places that drop tank and melee loot. The bosses often do not drop anything for casters, and if it does, it was probably promised to the healer.

Melee DPS do not PUG. They might roll against the tank, and this is very strictly forbidden. Since reservations are frowned upon, it is much easier to have de facto reservations and preserve your reputation.
Cussler
Private
Private

by Dergueis » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:20 am

Im tanking in Nost PvE with PuGs and with people from <Hope> and isn't hard find dungeon or tank, at least at EU timezone, but if you got guild's people, you dont call random one, is normal. But, there are a few tanks, tons of healers and a less DDs.

For each tank can count about five healers and three or four DDs.
Dergueis
Private
Private

by Xaeminos » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:19 pm

Lol. The younger generation is so spoiled when it comes to loot and looking for groups. Not letting people come to a group because of competition on a "roll"? 15-30 minute wait time for a tank? Try 3-4 hours back in the day.
Xaeminos
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion