Worth rolling?

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Worth rolling?

by Goat777 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:56 am

Hello everyone,

Longtime WoW player tired of WoD and the Alpha and wanted to play classic WoW. I have a 22 paladin on alliance side on the pvp server and having almost 7-8k people on is great, I only level him with friends though and I can't stand solo world pvp.

I was wondering if rolling a solo character on this realm is worth it? I expect with a low population, low level dungeons are pretty rare but end game is somewhat active for Scholo/Strat/BRS/DM?

A buddy or guild would be nice to have too, since world chat is strange and desolate.

Any reply would be nice, thanks.
Goat777
Tester

Re: Worth rolling?

by Dish » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Ok, let's go over this:

Goat777 wrote:I was wondering if rolling a solo character on this realm is worth it?

Yes.

Goat777 wrote:I expect with a low population, low level dungeons are pretty rare but end game is somewhat active for Scholo/Strat/BRS/DM?

Population is the equivalent to medium-high on a retail vanilla server. You'll find groups for all dungeons while leveling as well as endgame dungeons at 60. It might take a bit longer than on the PvP server, needless to say.
Showing some effort and making groups yourself is generally better than being lazy spamming "34 Lock LFG" and waiting for a group invite.

Goat777 wrote:A buddy or guild would be nice to have too, since world chat is strange and desolate.

Not sure, what world chat you're in, but it's populated and full of spam at all times of the day.
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Carebears » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:50 pm

What Dish said.

Rolling here is totally worth it.

/join world, and you'll be able to run every single dungeon while leveling.
Carebears
Private
Private

by Crims0nSean » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:17 am

Low pop? 3k
Dhaub - Undead Mage
Crims0nSean
Private
Private

by zmandude24 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:23 pm

The PvE server is honestly the closest thing I know of to the retail vanilla experience with a blizzlike population and accurately scripted bosses. The biggest bug so far is the DM loot tables but they seem to be working on getting that fixed asap. It is probably easier than in retail vanilla to get a group due to world chat.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mdmadam » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:40 pm

Safest bet for the best blizzlike vanilla experience out there. The population on here is never too low and never too high, the only reasons theres a rare amount of under-60 BGs is because everyone is out leveling and doing dungeons. Its very healthy for AH and farming mats and I haven't seen any over camped areas thus far. I'd say try it out but try rolling horde, its pretty heavy alliance side.
Mdmadam
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by shaana » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:09 pm

I think it's a troll.
shaana
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Numerii » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:09 pm

shaana wrote:I think it's a troll.

Seriously. Low population? The PvP server is a mess because the population is too high. You can start a character there right now and have competition for quest mobs starting with the very first quest you get. I tried to stick with a character there but it's far more aggravating than enjoyable. PvE server is perfect right now. You can still find groups for even low level dungeons and get quests done in an expected amount of time and the people are FAR, FAR less toxic.
Numerii
Tester

by seeker303 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:42 pm

I leveled my lock to 40 on the PvE Side so this is from a DPS stand point.

The dungeon wait times are "fast" in comparison to what my retail vanilla experience was, generally it can take about 10-15 minutes to find a group. At lower levels it's actually faster, but the higher you get the more scarce the groups become, at least until your late 40s then i notice those dungeons are always looking for members.

The questing and grinding is actually nice, you can find groups when you need to as people always have quests for certain elite/group quests while at the same time if you want to solo everything you can find a plethora of mobs for you to quest/grind if you want. Overall the PvE side is more of a "true vanilla" experience if you wish to PvE. If you are into pvp then this isn't really the server for you. The PvP side is way to overpopulated to call it "true vanilla" they have enough people for 2 high pop realms. But this isn't a debate post so I'll stop.

So in TL;DR - The wait times for dungeons are short and not a problem, unless you demand instant que in which case go back to WoD and roll yourself a tank. and the questing/leveling is plenty in both people and solo friendly.
seeker303
Private
Private

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion