Poplockndenied

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Poplockndenied

by ayylm40 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:36 am

Now that he's denied a raid spot in Deja Vu and apparently kicked as well, will he quit the server?
Currently there are close to zero guilds who want to take him judging from his history, lol.
ayylm40
Private
Private

Re: Poplockndenied

by Vaped » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:38 am

He was the only thing that was actually good about goon squad. Start a new raid. People will join, and you'll be able to weed out the bads in time for bwl
Vaped
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Scarflux » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:38 am

Apart from the fact that he is very toxic and self-absorbed,he was a good brain washer and wise player.I've played some dungeons with him,he looked pretty determinated in regarding his guild but still,the rumours and posts about the loot distribution he was doing in the guild actually made <Goon Squad> lose the top rating.They have never been a good guild before tho,just a 100 man guild that made it fast to 60 and had the chance to "steal" some server 2nd kills and act like they're going to be at the top forever.

The real measure of being a top guild on a Vanilla server is sustaining and actually clearing AQ+Naxx,which I doubt <Goon Squad> will.

However,there are pretty good players in Goon Squad that never loved Pop but just had to stay there because there was no other good guild existing at a time.Now the server growing drastically(maybe due to the Chinese influence on PvP server),plenty of guilds started progressing and actually made the server more alive.

I feel bad for Pop,maybe this could be his life lesson in aspect of gaming that he shouldn't have that GRIZZLY behaviour because 1 man can't force tons of people to follow his intentions.
Scarflux
Tester

by Mandosz » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:19 am

There was no Ill intentions in denying a spot to poplockndrop from Deja Vu.

The simple truth comes down to the fact that the officer core felt that his conduct over the past several months along with his attitude and slanderous remarks towards Deja Vu as a whole would make him a poor fit in the guild as he has insulted and angered many of our members. Despite a few officers being willing to give him a fresh start and an opportunity to prove himself the guild decided he would unlikely mesh well with the rest of the players and in the end cause drama and cost us players who wouldnt want to be in the same guild.

Personally I wish Pop the best and hope he has learned from the entire situation so that he may improve himself in the future, I have had interactions with him in the past and I know hes not a terrible person at heart, he just needs to keep his anger and attitude in check.

- Mandosz, Raid Leader/Officer of Deja Vu
Mandosz
Sergeant
Sergeant

by joshbpepper » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:37 am

dude get a life
joshbpepper
Sergeant
Sergeant

by zmandude24 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:52 am

zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by kaba » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:05 am

Pop, I can probably hook you up with an invite to Butterfly Effect, server #1 guild. PST if interested.
Kaba, 60, Troll Mage
Tohi, 60, Dwarf Rogue
Kaba, 60, Troll Hunter (PvE)
Itai, 60, Gnome Warlock (PvE)
Pa, 60, Dwarf Warrior (PvE)
kaba
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Tiranah » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:43 pm

Just let him be.
Think he's in Limited Edition now btw.
Tiranah
Tester

by Xethra » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Tiranah wrote:Just let him be.
Think he's in Limited Edition now btw.

He is in Limited Edition and from speaking to last night his intentions are to remain there. (Last I heard anyway).

Vaped wrote:He was the only thing that was actually good about goon squad.

If you truly believe that, I feel sorry for you.

Scarflux wrote:They have never been a good guild before tho,just a 100 man guild that made it fast to 60 and had the chance to "steal" some server 2nd kills and act like they're going to be at the top forever.

The real measure of being a top guild on a Vanilla server is sustaining and actually clearing AQ+Naxx,which I doubt <Goon Squad> will.

Goon Squad has been through this before with some key players leaving (a group of real life friends who all were officers in the guild in the beginning/losing two of our main tanks) and Goon Squad got through it. There's no difference. We will continue to move forward as a guild and still be a top tier guild on the server. However the <GRIZZLY> or "hardcore" mentality was pushing people away and was detrimental to the overall health of the guild. We're not going to be casual by any means, but we're just toning it down a bit.

As far as our "lack of skill"... I think Raidstats speaks for itself. Goon Squad has been a top tier guild on this server and whether you hate us or not, kill times speak for itself. Granted its just Molten Core and old/easy content, but we hold 5 (I think) kill time records on bosses in MC as well as having a lot of players in the upper rankings interms of HPS and DPS.

Overall, the events within the past couple days have impacted Goon Squad. Some key players leaving hurts, but not the point that the guild is going to disband or stop raiding. We're still here, we're still going to raid and hold people accountable in terms of consumable usage, etc. An unfortunate bump in the road, but we will move past it and grow from it.
Xethra <Goon Squad> - Nostalrius PVE
Class Leader
Restoration Shaman

Xaeth <Odyssey> - Nostalrius PVE
Class Leader
Holy Paladin

http://twitch.tv/xethra89
Xethra
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mozz » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:11 pm

Would be a bit awkward if Pop joined seen as we're all on ignore.. That would be a quiet g chat.
Mozz
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion