Common sense for 5-man dungeons?

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Common sense for 5-man dungeons?

by Phalucy » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:50 pm

I'm only asking whether there is any common sense for 5-man dungeons?
I went a Strath UD team just few mins ago as a dps war. The 2nd stack of
mobs dropped a stockade. I needed but didn't win. But, I was still kicked out
of that team without any explanation.

Was I doing wrong? Why a dps war can not roll a world drop epic? I have tank
gear, and went dungeons as tank too.

Any one helps me?
Phalucy
Tester

Re: Common sense for 5-man dungeons?

by Dr. Doom » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:56 pm

Phalucy wrote:I'm only asking whether there is any common sense for 5-man dungeons?
I went a Strath UD team just few mins ago as a dps war. The 2nd stack of
mobs dropped a stockade. I needed but didn't win. But, I was still kicked out
of that team without any explanation.

Was I doing wrong? Why a dps war can not roll a world drop epic? I have tank
gear, and went dungeons as tank too.

Any one helps me?

If the tank needed them you shouldn't have needed them. MS > OS.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Phalucy » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:21 pm

thats clear.
So, if I need DK's cape i can only go there as dps? Cuz tank need to pass when dps needs and probably all non-caster dpsers need that one.
Phalucy
Tester

by Dr. Doom » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:25 pm

Phalucy wrote:thats clear.
So, if I need DK's cape i can only go there as dps? Cuz tank need to pass when dps needs and probably all non-caster dpsers need that one.

Correct. I passed on Hand of Justice when there was one dpser that needed it and I was tanking. Likewise, a fury warrior passed for me when Force of Will finally dropped even though he could have used it for offset as well.

This is assuming midly agreeable and mature teams.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Smokinwii » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:27 pm

It all depends. If it is a BiS or a needed item for your MAIN spec, you have every right. But if you're taking for farm or off spec and someone who needed for main spec, needed...Then I guess they would few you like a ninja.
Founder/GM PvE Guild: FarmsNdungeons
Smokinwii
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Phalucy » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:35 pm

Thank you. Now, I may know why we have a lack of tank in 5-man dungeons...
Phalucy
Tester

by Dr. Doom » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:43 pm

Phalucy wrote:Thank you. Now, I may know why we have a lack of tank in 5-man dungeons...

Pretty much. There's only a handful of loot items tank need in those dungeons. Only Force of Will really strikes me as something that a warrior would farm for ( I did 17 runs for it). Although there are some other good alternatives, say, the gauntlets dropped by Ilyanna Ravenoak, or the shoulders dropped by Kirtonos, there are better upgrades you can get in the AH (Stonegrip gauntlets, or Stockade Pauldrons).
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Aderl4ss » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:39 pm

If you are tanking a dungeon and want to roll for DPS items, just say so beforehand.
So if a melee DPS doesn't like that, he can leave the group. But most will stay, because they are happy that they even found a tank in the first place.
Aderlass Human Rogue
Officer of <Sauerkrauts>
Aderl4ss
Private
Private

by Spottedcow » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:16 pm

Personally, when you're talking about BoEs worth several hundred gold, I say every man for himself. I don't give two shits if the random PUG tank will wear them. I could use 350 gold. BoP items, sure, but BoE's? Nah brah, don't work like that. You had a bad PUG.
Spottedcow
Grunt
Grunt

by RedBanner » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:42 pm

I played retail from end of Vanilla to middle of MOP, and in every PUG I ever remember being in it was common practice to roll greed on any random drop BOE, regardless of color. You could ask, and most times it wasn't an issue, or if someone who didn't care won it, they would give it to you. Since I'm already going to rant about it, it was also a given that you rolled on items for the spec you were in during the run. If you're a tank, you do not roll need on a 2H, and if you're DPSing, you don't roll need on healing gear, period.

Since I have been here, I see nothing but asshats rolling need on everything. They roll need on greens that are negligible upgrades that they will likely replace before the end of the run, and I have been in a run where someone replaced the same slot 4 times by the time the run ended. They roll need on blues all day if they can find any minutia of a reason they should have it, including, no lie "I have an alt that can use it". WTF is that shit? I would say maybe 10% of them actually equip the item. And, of course there are the paladins rolling need on my priest gear, even though I healed, and paladins rolling need on my shield, even though I tanked (f'n paladins!). Roll for your role.
Join #macrochat text channel for macro assistance (no sign-up required): Discord.
I'm not a pro, but I love building macros, sharing what I know, and learning more.
RedBanner
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion