HEY <HOPE>

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

Re: HEY <HOPE>

by Nagrim » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:50 pm

Vinyl, pls tell us where you'll be playing in the future to avoid that faction and probably server
Nagrim
Sergeant
Sergeant

by XJ9 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:42 pm

Nagrim wrote:Vinyl, pls tell us where you'll be playing in the future to avoid that faction and probably server

People like you were always my target audience. I found it amazing how very few if anyone I didn't outright tell actually thought I was like this as a person. I guess to further illustrate the point I'm going to make it's critical that you understand this was entirely what is known as a "Social Experiment". In fact it's one I'd go as far as to say one judging by the results I've received through forum-wide hostility as well as quite a few letters of hatred that I managed to execute with the exact precision I wanted.

For starters, you'd have to be quite the moron to take my presentation of things on forums at the face value a lot of you did and assume that's my actual way of speaking. When I began using the forums I actually thought to myself back in what I think would be January one day about "What if I was just this complete dick?" I'm pretty sure a lot of it began with the "Smork the Shameless Exploiter of Azuregos" thread or whatever that one was titled that carried on for I think 21 pages when Deja Vu in an attempt to kite Azuregos into Orgrimmar from the Alliance ended up despawning the boss for a couple of days.

Coupled with the fact it didn't matter what I said, positive or negative, the very fact my name was associated with the League of Legends player was enough to generate some hostility. One case being from Xethra's first post to me that he later edited but it was interesting to be called a psychopath without any provocation from someone on this forum. Solely for the actions of my former friend two years ago that got made public by a specific, washed up sc2 player looking to generate drama to entice viewers.

Though, the key thing of it all was it didn't matter what I said because my goal of proving "it didn't matter how I presented things and people would treat me with vitriol because they had a personal grudge for my earlier posts." You can check my forum history, I've said nice things that were really helpful that if you read the thread further was met with hostility before I responded with even more hostility. The thing is, you can't win a flame war with me because I have such a command of the English language that I have the ability to eviscerate you as a person through lengthy posts. That combined with my natural trait of being a very detail oriented person led to some very creative insults and was capable of making this illusion all the more convincing.

Fast forward a couple months, there was even a point when I quit speaking and even made my signature what it is now then coming back a month later I would word things politely and still be met with hostility due to things I said earlier. That was the biggest thing I managed to prove, the fact that people on these forums are so bloodthirsty for personal vendetta they don't care how you word things, they will carry a grudge even if you act with peaceful vocalization.

Admittedly I did have fun acting the way I did on these forums. It was quite fun to realize that due to the fickle nature of the very people on this forum after my point was proven, I could say things however I wanted and get the same response. Some of these things I would actually stare at for minutes thinking "How could I make this more offensive?" Anyone who actually had the chance to speak with me one on one yet did not know my forum persona would treat me in a very friendly manner in game. What was even more interesting is the fact when Naulii/Nelythia thinking he would get a one up on me by posting my character name over the forums proved my point to me again. People were willing to disregard any positive interactions they had with me in game in favor of their biases. There were a few people who were actually in disbelief. In fact here's a post that proved my point with precision: http://prntscr.com/aqi0qb

"I'm just glad I finally know the ingame name of XJ9 and I can avoid him accordingly :)
Funny how such a quiet guy ingame can be such an attentionwhore on forums, eh Vinylscratch"

Point effectively proven. I made this as intentionally hostile as I could just to give myself, as well as you all some closure to the matter. Anyone who legitimately believed on the forums that I was nearly as idiotic and abrasive on the forums needs an evaluation of themselves. It'll be obvious where I next show up but I have no intention to further continue this social experiment. I'll go back to being how I was in game, quiet and helpful to people. You all playing your already predicted roles and following scripts accordingly gave me more satisfaction to watch than anything I've done on this server.

Hell, I guess my point might get proven again when someone tries to actually contend with me that I am actually this mentally unstable. Who knows, perhaps I am, but I'd easily say the fact I could "expertly" juggle two personas says more than enough about how easy to fool a good number of you actually is, you're not these "highly intellectual beings" as you think you are. Or maybe I'm just that capable as a person.

Cheers my little puppets. As Bill Cipher said, "I'm the master of the mind."
Anything posted on this account is said on behalf of myself and myself alone. None of my posts are influenced by guild affiliation and any issues you have with me should be taken up with me. Anything positive or negative is said by me, not my guild.
XJ9
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thoras1 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:52 pm

>Proclaim yourself to be the best guild on the server
>Have a monopoly on world bosses and have shamans available
>Still spend months being beaten in MC by several guilds with 0 worldboss kills
>At the last possible moment, set a new record
>Shitpost loudly on the forums and claim victory
>'I-it was all a social experiment guys!'

You just can't make this shit up

Point effectively proven. I made this as intentionally hostile as I could just to give myself, as well as you all some closure to the matter. Anyone who legitimately believed on the forums that I was nearly as idiotic and abrasive on the forums needs an evaluation of themselves. It'll be obvious where I next show up but I have no intention to further continue this social experiment. I'll go back to being how I was in game, quiet and helpful to people. You all playing your already predicted roles and following scripts accordingly gave me more satisfaction to watch than anything I've done on this server.

/r/iamverysmart
Thoras1
Private
Private

by Aiir » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:03 pm

Nagrim wrote:Vinyl, pls tell us where you'll be playing in the future to avoid that faction and probably server

hes on kronos in the 4chan guild
Aiir
Private
Private

by _Athena_ » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:26 pm

XJ9 wrote:The thing is, you can't win a flame war with me because I have such a command of the English language that I have the ability to eviscerate you as a person through lengthy posts.
_Athena_
Sergeant
Sergeant

by XJ9 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:54 pm

Aiir wrote:

hes on kronos in the 4chan guild

Implying I don't sell my accounts when I have no intention to play them.
Anything posted on this account is said on behalf of myself and myself alone. None of my posts are influenced by guild affiliation and any issues you have with me should be taken up with me. Anything positive or negative is said by me, not my guild.
XJ9
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mandosz » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:25 pm

Thoras1 wrote:>Proclaim yourself to be the best guild on the server

We literally werent trying to set speed records in MC, our final run we did it just because we could.

We had two active raids and we were starting a third, our best players were split evenly amongst the two raids in order to make every raid smooth as opposed to having a group that cleared in 1h and a group that cleared in 2 hours.

In the coming weeks we were planning on swapping to an "A team/B team" model in preparation for BWL.

Believe what you want, but the fact that we were even close to other guilds "best" when we were openly fucking around, handicapping our raids and encouraging people to not flask and save them for speed runs later and future content when black lotus prices will rise drastically is just funny to me, talk all the shit you want buddy but the bottom line is, you never stood a chance.
Mandosz
Sergeant
Sergeant

by StFigenschou » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:34 pm

I'm glad you think all the other guilds were flasking to set those times, the guild you barely squeaked past with your time still hasn't done a speedrun where flasks was concerned. And I can assure you, if we were to do it, we wouldn't just barely beat the record by some mere minutes.

Congrats on having the fastest time, sadly the competition died due to tragic circumstances.
Maybe we'll meet again at another server, or if something happens and Nostalrius would reincarnate.
-Maximillian
Hunter CL and Recruitment Officer
StFigenschou
Grunt
Grunt

by Thoras1 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:47 pm

Mandosz wrote:
Thoras1 wrote:>Proclaim yourself to be the best guild on the server

We literally werent trying to set speed records in MC, our final run we did it just because we could.

'W-we weren't actually trying!'

We had two active raids and we were starting a third, our best players were split evenly amongst the two raids in order to make every raid smooth as opposed to having a group that cleared in 1h and a group that cleared in 2 hours.

In the coming weeks we were planning on swapping to an "A team/B team" model in preparation for BWL.

Oh man switching in new members and switching people around? Boy Deja Vu sure is unique :^)

but the fact that we were even close to other guilds "best" when we were openly fucking around, handicapping our raids and encouraging people to not flask and save them for speed runs later and future content when black lotus prices will rise drastically is just funny to me

Literally every guild was doing this. But please keep telling yourself how special Deja Vu was.

talk all the shit you want buddy but the bottom line is, you never stood a chance.

W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D
Thoras1
Private
Private

by alwini » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:02 pm

14 minutes spent clearing trash before Lucifron started...yeah, definitely legit. No pre-clearing here. Well done :)
alwini
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion