RIP

Discussion forum related to PVE Server.

RIP

by _Athena_ » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:46 am

So, going by the latest announcement we are pretty much screwed.

Suzerain_Elysium
PvE should be released shortly behind the fresh realm.

What server comes first?
We have thought long and hard about this decision. The staff is in unanimous agreement that the Nostalrius PvP realm will come first. We understand that the majority of players are looking forward to playing on the Elysium PvP fresh realm. However, there are significant reasons to launch the Nostalrius PvP realm before the fresh realm. The Nostalrius PvP server is the most significant aspect of this revival. A huge part of our success will be in the result of being able to bring your characters back. This will only add to the reputation and hype of the project, lending more respect and population. Population is also a large aspect of our choice. Releasing the Nostalrius PvP realm first will minorly effect the population of the fresh realm. However, based on polls, the Elysium fresh realm will have the most active players, and so by launching in this order, we effectively balance out the two servers. One last reason is bug fixes. By fixing bugs before launching the brand new server, we will be making it a far more pristine place early on, and in the future. However, do not fear! There will only be a 3-4 week period between Nostalrius PvP and the fresh realm.

Also, one paragraph covers the upcoming stress test:
We would also like to inform you that the stress tests will not be branded to specific servers. This is a general test. We will begin with the old Elysium hardware in order to gauge its potential with the optimized Nostalrius core. We expect this server to cap out at around 5k players, and if it meets our expectations will use it for the smallest of the three realms.

We all know which server that's going to be...

Everyone who actively played one or more characters on the PvE server knows that a pretty big chunk of the playerbase was playing on this server not because they really desired a PvE server, but because they either wanted a fresh start or found Nostalrius only recently and saw it as an alternative place to stay to prevent having to play on a server where they would be many months behind in comparison to the vast amount of players that had been playing for many months on the PvP server. Releasing the PvE server last leaves the subset of the already small playerbase that really doesn't want to play on a PvP server.
_Athena_
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: RIP

by Renew » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:02 am

i think 30-40% of PvEs playerbase played there because of the lags/overpopulation of the pvp server...these ppl will not come back
+ the players that are not coming back at all

i dont expect more then 1k-1.5k peak after all these announcements...rip
my Addons:
- Vanilla Healing Assignments - /viewtopic.php?f=63&t=23326
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Aslan » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:06 am

Thats like a fully populated classic server from retail. I dont see the problem. Besides, the hype around the blizzard vs. nost drama will draw many new players over and some will prefer a PvE server.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by gapex » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:07 am

Really disappointing news.
gapex
Tester

by Noxm » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:58 am

yeah aslan see how is the mentality is . i want all now :

and ofc the server is free :)
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by _Athena_ » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:12 am

I take it that reading text and actually interpreting its meaning is a difficult task for you...

The server can be released it in the summer of 2017 for all I care, as long as the new server gets delayed beyond its release date. The problem is that the order is wrong, unless this announcement is just another confirmation that the PvE server has been a joke from day one. All patch releases have contained issues related to itemization and toke a lot of time to get fixed. Fine, it's free and we can play, nobody threw a big fit about such issues. The current scenario however is going to create a far bigger issue. Going by statistics from the past Renew his numbers might actually be the most optimal scenario. Almost all worldbosses that spawned so far have been fought by not even a single full raid while being filled with members from different guilds. The way this server seems to be headed by what was announced in the past few days they might not even get killed till the very peak times of the server.

Easy enough to come in here being a jerk while you know yourself that you couldn't care less...

Also, in the past my own server was hosting the website and backend of a very big and populair mod. The money invested in that project per month would pay for a WoW server the size of the PvE server for a very long time. You don't, and probably can't, know anything about my financial interests or limits, but you couldn't have been more wrong about my willingness to pay for community driven content.

This server gave its playerbase as much joy and nostalgia as the PvP server did for its long time inhabitants. Watching the huge risk of that level of fun disappearing enfold by a decision made by a team that has a lot at their hands right now deserves to be pointed out and risen to the team even if it is to make sure that they have (re)considered the possible outcomes for a moment. If you're truly a fan of the vanilla experience you would understand such an attempt.

Next time try to work on a "more useful" contribution to a valid subject worth discussing. Interestingly enough studies have shown that people like to use content/bad behavior that is actually a reflection of themselves in scenarios like your post. I hope you don't have a yellow suit like that in your closet...
_Athena_
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Duofilm » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:49 am

Well Athena even though I agree with most of what you are saying, you are still coming back! We need to finish 'The Cave'!
Duofilm
Grunt
Grunt

by Duofilm » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:52 am

And all we can really do is try to bring up the problem during for example the Q&A..
Duofilm
Grunt
Grunt

by AiinzOuroGoon » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:54 am

This is either a cynical attempt to force the neutrals to stick with PvP (cos PvE is a carebear abomination right?), to recreate the oh-so-awesome-for-world-pvp-5-figure population on the fresh server (ditto) or to compete with Crestfall's PvE release. (pinching players off them by pulling a Nost-vs-Kronos-release-day-thing means bigger numbers for us to market with right?)
AiinzOuroGoon
Private
Private

by asdfman » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:56 am

I think there will be a somewhat decent influx of players once the new people who went fresh/pvp get into STV and realize what they've gotten themselves into. They probably don't realize what it means to level with 10k online either and might have second thoughts about that. This was a common occurence back when new players started leveling on the old PvP server.

That being said I still doubt you'll see the old 3.2k peak (4k was broken at AV release).

Personally I won't be returning though as I did enough BWL on PvP and on K2, the state of progression couldn't be worse for me.
asdfman
Tester

Next

Return to PVE Server Specific discussion