nostalrius potential population!!!!

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: nostalrius potential population!!!!

by ProMeTheus112 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:14 pm

it's not a matter of git gud, I get kills all right, I'm just saying I think the world pvp is more enjoyable when there is more space for engaging/disengaging basically, and fighting over longer time and distance, these are the most enjoyable situations I've played personally and yes most were 1v1. Even if classes are not super balanced.. it's still fun, and possible to kill any class. Especially in open world, because there are varying parameters, they may not expect you etc

i'm not looking for super balanced competitive environment in a MMO, I like the open world fun

there are many situations in the game where skill is not a factor (or should I say your actions are not a factor, you are nearly auto screwed) and they happen more frequently when the world is very crowded, and for me it also makes the game less fun! Sometimes I actually avoid abusing the overpowered features of my class, as druid like a rogue you can rly rule in the world using invisibility in an unfair way I think, if you want you can simply get guaranteed kills. Just prowl, wait until they attack a monster and are at 60% life or something mid fight, start your combo gg
ProMeTheus112
Grunt
Grunt

by lolpills » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:41 am

ProMeTheus112 wrote:it's not a matter of git gud, I get kills all right, I'm just saying I think the world pvp is more enjoyable when there is more space for engaging/disengaging basically, and fighting over longer time and distance, these are the most enjoyable situations I've played personally and yes most were 1v1. Even if classes are not super balanced.. it's still fun, and possible to kill any class. Especially in open world, because there are varying parameters, they may not expect you etc

i'm not looking for super balanced competitive environment in a MMO, I like the open world fun

there are many situations in the game where skill is not a factor (or should I say your actions are not a factor, you are nearly auto screwed) and they happen more frequently when the world is very crowded, and for me it also makes the game less fun! Sometimes I actually avoid abusing the overpowered features of my class, as druid like a rogue you can rly rule in the world using invisibility in an unfair way I think, if you want you can simply get guaranteed kills. Just prowl, wait until they attack a monster and are at 60% life or something mid fight, start your combo gg

you say you talked with a few other people and they agree with you on all your points, but i have to break it to ya your not alone on the server and more people appreciated the xperience than bitched about it so what ur basically asking for its a shorter cap on the server and to be waiting in queue for god knows how many hours, think before you talk. also no ones pulling out a significant amount of money here to be writing book length complaints on forums about what they disagree with just like you're doing, these servers cost money. get that through your head.
lolpills
Grunt
Grunt

by ProMeTheus112 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:47 am

lolpills wrote:
ProMeTheus112 wrote:it's not a matter of git gud, I get kills all right, I'm just saying I think the world pvp is more enjoyable when there is more space for engaging/disengaging basically, and fighting over longer time and distance, these are the most enjoyable situations I've played personally and yes most were 1v1. Even if classes are not super balanced.. it's still fun, and possible to kill any class. Especially in open world, because there are varying parameters, they may not expect you etc

you say you talked with a few other people and they agree with you on all your points, but i have to break it to ya your not alone on the server and more people appreciated the xperience than bitched about it so what ur basically asking for its a shorter cap on the server and to be waiting in queue for god knows how many hours, think before you talk. also no ones pulling out a significant amount of money here to be writing book length complaints on forums about what they disagree with just like you're doing, these servers cost money. get that through your head.

nope that's not what I said sorry
you don't have to agree with me
I do think before I talk, you don't need to be aggressive to make a point against what I said
get that through your head
bye
ProMeTheus112
Grunt
Grunt

by Dveagle » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:16 pm

The population was horrible on Nostalrius.

What's the point of having a nostalgia server that not only has a population that makes the game nothing like it was, but actually makes it almost impossible to play at all? The zones were not designed for the Nostalrius population near the end.

But this is all free and they should get praise for doing this at all. It's at their discretion how they do this stuff but saying that the Nostalrius population was good is almost objectively wrong.
Dveagle
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Dodgemade » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:48 pm

TLDR: one guy bashing on Nost and some other guy comes in at end as well and says something dumb. IN reality Nostalrius was the best private server experience anyone had ever seen, and for a lot of people, the best vanilla experience they ever had.

Go play a one player game if you don't want a big population and people looking to kill others in the world. Calling me aggressive is laughable, you're just a moron. BIG difference.
Dodgemade
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ProMeTheus112 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:19 am

Dodgemade wrote:TLDR: one guy bashing on Nost and some other guy comes in at end as well and says something dumb. IN reality Nostalrius was the best private server experience anyone had ever seen, and for a lot of people, the best vanilla experience they ever had.

Go play a one player game if you don't want a big population and people looking to kill others in the world. Calling me aggressive is laughable, you're just a moron. BIG difference.

Thanks for proving my point! :D
ProMeTheus112
Grunt
Grunt

by Dodgemade » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:31 pm

if yousayso
Dodgemade
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Skiplegday » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:08 am