AQ War effort

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: AQ War effort

by Imbaslap » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Aslan wrote:Wasnt that some blizzard special for servers who were just too low populated/dumb?

no they never really completed. they allowed guild transfers and server transfers before that time. guilds would server hop to get the AQ event opened by them if they sucked on the better servers.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Garfunkel » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:37 pm

I'm not suggesting anything, that's why I posted this thread here and not in the Suggestion forum as I wanted to open discussion on the topic.

On my old EU server the gates were opened before the war effort completed because there wasn't high enough population to complete it in a timely manner.

The point that while population is higher than Blizzlike, the respawn rates are (mostly) Blizzlike is valid, as is the point that consumption of resources is also higher. But, many players have assuredly stockpiled stuff, meaning that the war effort could - hypothetically speaking - be completed in a week! I don't know if the developers can scan all bank inventories easily but that would really help in making an informed decision.

Personally I'm all for keeping things as close to Blizzlike vanilla as possible - but I would be disappointed to see this event, that's supposed to be a major server-wide undertaking, to be trivialized into something that is completed by a quarter of the population and is over in few days or two weeks.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Fotm » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:42 pm

I'd rather have raid content than farm content. I quit WoD because I was tired of clicking stuff.
Fotm
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Zammy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:18 pm

You all seriously are retarded. The huge population is what makes nostalrius pvp server. It's Ffdfffdkcing sweet. So gtfoml with your punk azs bull arguments. #Allianceftw
Greenbuds Druid

Ðillon Warlock
Zammy
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Valandar » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:22 pm

Garfunkel wrote:
Personally I'm all for keeping things as close to Blizzlike vanilla as possible - but I would be disappointed to see this event, that's supposed to be a major server-wide undertaking, to be trivialized into something that is completed by a quarter of the population and is over in few days or two weeks.

+1. The difficulty and/or length of time it takes to do anything in vanilla is what made that game fun and challenging.
Valandar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dusith » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:50 pm

6 accounts per players, possibility of 54 bank characters, and thereby easy and cheap for players to have 5400 bank slots per person. I guess if a few guilds stockpiled, it would indeed be opened fast.
Dusith
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Requake » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:06 pm

Solmyr wrote:
Aslan wrote:Wasnt that some blizzard Feenix special for servers who were just too low populated/dumb Emerald Dream?

Fixed that for you ;)

They multiplied the required mats because players/guilds were saying they had all the mats to complete the war effort on first day.

This was completely untrue and was practically impossible to complete in a timely manner. GG
Requake
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ohhgee » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:19 pm

ED war effort was nothing more than a troll; a carrot on a stick designed to keep people playing as long as possible. ED had been without a development team for over a year when the War Effort began.

We saw just how false everything Feenix told the players was when Nostalrius/Kronos released and their server started to actually die, and they quickly ended the war effort and release Warsong garbage version of AQ (after advertising a fully scripted ED version being in the works for nearly 2 years
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Pop » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:29 am

WTS all mats for War Effort.
- Popco/Popko/Co
Pop
Grunt
Grunt

by Noxx » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:13 am

Fuk dat just open AQ40 the gathering part is booring as hell when there are no other servers to fight with.

that was the fun part in Vanilla to se what servers open it first.
Noxx
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion