Question - Terms of Use Agreement

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Question - Terms of Use Agreement

by Venaitre » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:02 pm

I have a question regarding to Multiboxing section in the Terms of Use Agreement.

Multiboxing is allowed to the extend of:
"Crafting, enchanting, banking and/or for trading purposes that does not include the Auction House."

I wanna get this straigth.
Am I allowed to make a secondary account for the sole purpose of logging in to scan the AH once a day with the Auctioneer addon, as this process can take hours with the amount of AH activity, while I am logged into my original account that I am playing on?
Venaitre
Private
Private

Re: Question - Terms of Use Agreement

by Valandar » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:12 pm

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=28031

Read that thread and you will find a GM post stating
that the two characters cannot be active at once. In this case you are actively leveling one and using AH on another. That is the definiton of multi boxing and is not allowed. There are specific situations listed in the Terms of Use for when you can multibox. Anything outside of that is not allowed.
Valandar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Venaitre » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:20 pm

Given the fact that I am not "active" as in progressing my character, but simply gathering data which have no direct impact on any of my characters, except for giving me an idea of items values on the server, leads me to continiously ask for official respons.
This data gathering does not have any direct impact on my characters progression and does not offer any benefits for other players using the auction house.
Venaitre
Private
Private

by Mimma » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:21 pm

Now you are just trying to argue, which is really pointless since GM's will go by the rules.

If you are scanning the AH, then you are doing a "profession", and you are not allowed to level / play your alt/main meanwhile. You can try and bend this as much you like, but don't come back and ask for an appeal if you get banned :-)
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Valandar » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:29 pm

When you are scanning the auction house, you are active. Your character is doing a task. Your questions are all answered in this post so im going to leave it here. Notice the last bit which is what you are doing by arguing.

Pottu wrote:
Dish wrote:Wait, so you're not allowed to use the auction house on a 2nd account while leveling on another one? o.O

Greetings,

that is indeed not allowed.

Can I have a character in Ironforge crafting 100 Items while I level/grind/mine with another Character at the same time?

The rule of thumb in all multibox cases is that you cannot have two characters active at the same time. Crafting a 100 items is being active. So, don't do it.

But trying to find little loop holes and rules in order to multi box is not smart

This is good advice.

The GM team.
Valandar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by iii » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:38 pm

Can I trade water from my mage to my priest or is that multiboxing also?..
iii
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Mimma » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:54 pm

That is legal, as long you log your mage (or your priest :-)) out after the trade.
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Venaitre » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:55 pm

With all due respect, I am not trying to argue but simply trying to straighten things out with a part of the terms of agreement that confuses me. See this as a pointless question if you wish, but I would rather ask to question and have it cleared out than unknowinly breaking the rules. Besides, this might answer the same question for someone else in the future, therefor hardly pointless.

I see what you're pointing out, Valandar, and I understand that being active on a character is not allowed.
I accept that the answer is yes, but allow me to rewrite my question as it answers a part of the terms of agreement which seems unclear to me. The definition of the term "active".

Does addon activity which have no direct impact, in the very moment, on the games fundamental mechanics, such as crafting, gathering, bidding, buying and selling still deem you as "active"?
Venaitre
Private
Private

by Mimma » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:06 pm

Bidding, Crafting and Trading water requires you (the player) to be active - and therefore the character is active too. (If not you would be botting and banned ;-))

Basically:
- You log in with your crafter/banker, perform your task and log out again.
- Meanwhile your main must remain inactive (no levelling etc), unless ofcause the task involves the main (trading items or enchanting)
- Your crafter/banker are not allowed to stay logged in after the task has been done (e.g. to watch /trade or do cross-faction communication)
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Venaitre » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Thanks for clearing that out :)
Venaitre
Private
Private

Next

Return to General discussion