Chat color - any GM care to comment?

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Chat color - any GM care to comment?

by Seminko » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:32 pm

Hey Nostalrius admins,

I recently came across a "macro script" that when run ingame changes the color of text.

I was told by other players that it is again ToS so I checked and lo and behold it is:
Send chat messages that has in any way been modified to change the publicly shown color of the respective message.

I would like to ask why is it against the rules? I mean, to enable it one simply uses methods that are available in game without using 3rd party programs etc. I am able to understand some might use it to impersonate GMs I guess but if possible I would like an official statement from the team.

Thanks,

Seminko
Seminko
Private
Private

Re: Chat color - any GM care to comment?

by Mimma » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:34 pm

It is bannable simply because if everyone started to write in colours, the chat would be unreadable. More than it already is.
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Tyrael » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:37 pm

Greetings Seminko,

It was decided to not allow it for multiple reasons which I won't go into. This also includes changing the text of linked items.

Regards,
GM Team.
GM Team Leader
Tyrael
Game Master
Game Master

by Seminko » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:38 pm

Mimma wrote:It is bannable simply because if everyone started to write in colours, the chat would be unreadable. More than it already is.

Tyrael wrote:Greetings Seminko,

It was decided to not allow it for multiple reasons which I won't go into. This also includes changing the text of linked items.

Regards,
GM Team.

That's fair enough. My follow up, though, is why is the script enabled then? If the team doesn't want us to change the color, why not simply make the script restricted with only GMs being able to use it?

I mean, I could have had my acc banned for sth so minor without me even knowing I was doing sth wrong.

EDIT: I believe the team knows how it is done. If not, I can send the script via a PM for it to be made restricted.
Seminko
Private
Private

by Botanist » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:18 am

Seminko wrote:
That's fair enough. My follow up, though, is why is the script enabled then? If the team doesn't want us to change the color, why not simply make the script restricted with only GMs being able to use it?

I mean, I could have had my acc banned for sth so minor without me even knowing I was doing sth wrong.

EDIT: I believe the team knows how it is done. If not, I can send the script via a PM for it to be made restricted.

hey seminko, it's a free server, if you don't like it, you can play elsewhere. THanks
Level 3 <GRIZZLY> Member
Level 1 Public Relations Trainee (Grizzly dindu nuffin division)
Starshina Second Class of RIDF Nostalrius Sector
Rank 1 Care Coordinator and Executive Administrator of the <GRIZZLY> Seeking Elites Precinct
Botanist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by pmizz » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:28 am

Just thought id give a props to the mangement for responding to such honest innocent questions so fast and frequently.

It give off a great vibe.

Thanks guys youre an engine of dreams
QG-Pmizzrym
SC2-Pmizz
ED-Gork,Pmizz
Nost-Pmizz<ThunderCats>
Kronos-Pmizzrym<TC>
pmizz
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by dragun » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:18 am

Ive seen this exact post like 20+ times, but i guess people just cant use a search box..

yes its bannable, and the Main reasson is -- GM Imperssonation. Changing the InGame Color to make yourself appear as a GM.. This is not allowd and will lead tto an account eexpulsion
dragun
Private
Private

by Seminko » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:29 pm

dragun wrote:Ive seen this exact post like 20+ times, but i guess people just cant use a search box.

Hi Dragun, I did use the search box. When searching for chat color now, 5 threads showed up, with one being mine and the other four not related to the topis. When searching through all of the threads, not just titles, the engine returned 33 pages of a total of 327 matches - no thank you.

Botanist wrote:hey seminko, it's a free server, if you don't like it, you can play elsewhere. THanks

You got it all wrong Botanist. I'm not complaining. It's an honest question.
It's like having a vendor that sells non-vanilla mounts but be prohibited from interacting with him in the TOSA. I mean, if it's in game and can be fixed why not prevent people from accidentaly breaking the rules rather than leaving it in, making a note and seeing what happens.

pmizz wrote:Just thought id give a props to the mangement for responding to such honest innocent questions so fast and frequently.

It give off a great vibe.

Thanks guys youre an engine of dreams

Absolutely agreed!
Seminko
Private
Private

Return to General discussion