Leveling weird?

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Leveling weird?

by ulldott » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

I've played since beta on retail, so this is not a complaining thread about the game being too difficult.
But I've noticed while playing on this server that I run out of quest way before I should or before I am the appropriate level
I have been leveling a human warrior and I had done pretty much most of the quests I could get in westfall by the time I was 13-14. So I had to go to red ridge and the quests I could there, then move back to westfall once I became 17-18 for the quests I could pick up then, and so on. But now I have to go back and forth between areas in order to level.

Whats the reason for that?
ulldott
Private
Private

Re: Leveling weird?

by Codeine » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:09 am

Vanilla.
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Noonze » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:47 am

You can check out that gaining exp was dramaticaly increased in tbc by 50%. So before tbc leveling process was pretty much time consuming and difficult. Vanilla one love
Noonze
Sergeant
Sergeant

by panafrican » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:07 am

to avoid this problem you can do quest from other zones at low level. for example, at level 1-5 you can do the human starting zone, dwarf, and night elf. if u do all three u enter westfall at around level 15.

or u can work on professions. just working on cooking and first aid will net you a lot of exp since u have to grind humanoid and beast for linen and beast, respectively.

u have to do all the zones for ur level even at low level and even if the quest are green. if u skip zones youll fall behind and have to grind.
panafrican
Tester

by billys1337 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:34 am

this is normal, this is how vanilla was, maybe you have forgotten
billys1337
Grunt
Grunt

by Slicy » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:07 am

Welcome to vanilla.

Don't be afraid to gring mobs couple hours till you get to the appropriate lvl for the next zone. If that is too painful for you, I suggest doing the dungeon of you current lvl range couple times, for the sake of getting some gear pieces (it's key for a war) and getting used to tanking with different type of players (mister asspull, mister break cc, mister afk for 30 mins, etc.).
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dish » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:57 am

The easiest way to avoid this is by killing all mobs that you pass while walking around and which aren't more than 3 levels below you. You're not wasting time since they're "on your way" anyway and it's the most effective way to level. Most people just are too lazy.
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bioness » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:16 pm

billys1337 wrote:this is normal, this is how vanilla was, maybe you have forgotten

A lot of people back then also mass killed non quest mobs, even still you should rarely ever run out of quests especially at such a low level.

Notice how he doesn't mention going to Darkshore or Loch Modan.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Diametra » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:03 pm

I don't know how it was or should be, I am just used to this now. I have noticed that I stay within a 3 zone region up to Duskwood/Ashenvale. After that, all bets are off. I start continent hopping and often stop to grind when I don't feel like chasing quests. Questie is a really helpful add-on for seeing where the level appropriate quests are throughout Azeroth.

My impression was that originally the Devs wanted to forcibly keep you exploring the world.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Glenzig » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:33 pm

I really love only seeing 6 or 7 zones the entire time I'm leveling. Makes the world really live for me.
Glenzig
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to General discussion