Next PvP server for people who don't speak English.

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: Next PvP server for people who don't speak English.

by Robotron » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:50 pm

Won't happen, but I'd gladly support anything that completely gets rid of the Chinamen and cyka bylat from the PVP server.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Soyoen » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:26 pm

Robotron wrote:Won't happen, but I'd gladly support anything that completely gets rid of the Chinamen and cyka bylat from the PVP server.

EU West dota player detected. Bullshittin aside, I actually thought you'd be more inclined to just remove the Tauren race completely instead of a bunch of innocent farmers. What happened with the campain to get rid of all the cows?
RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Robotron » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:21 am

Heh. I've never played Dota, and I'm from western Canada. But let's be honest, how large of a percentage of gold trafficking (buying or selling) is because of China? Not to mention the overcrowding issues...

Anyway, the time for the cows to meat their doom will come soon enough.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Sharax » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:15 am

If a new server was created and we were looking for a logical thing to segregate the community, I would highly suggest we direct people that play freaking tauren and god damned gnomes to the new realm. It would make the remaining community much better.
@CharaxS
Sharax
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Robotron » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:46 am

I like you.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Vorfidus » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:09 am

The level of whining about bans on the forums is at an all time industrial level.
Vorfidus
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Bambam » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:17 am

Why does it always have to be a debate English speaking people against the world ? And with insults ... :o

Anyway ...You probably cant say there are xxx accounts on Nostalrius, because of so many bank alt + reroll.

Just saying... :roll:
Bambam Warrior 60, tank
Bambam
Sergeant
Sergeant

by snawfu » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:30 am

#saynotoChinese
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dish » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:11 am

Everyone should be english-speaking (no, I'm not a native speaker).
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Melgarh » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:26 am

TL DR - IT is complex, ain't just a button, English is easy, Ni Hao!

Making a new server via virtualization or via HW deployment ain't just press of a button but 2-weekends jobs to get it right and test out all the kinks. SQL DB's even for all their discrepancy checks can easily develop errors. Eg. I'm deploying a highly complex solution remotely to Denmark right now and although it works straight out of box on servers in England and CZ ~4 hours to deploy, I'm having a mysterious (Java) errors on theirs and its identical system.

The dev's and GM's do have eyes, you know, they can see the statistics, uptimes, pop's and all the fun data like that your previously visited web was FunTimezWGnomes.com where you've clicked on Nostalrius web url.
---
English is also one of the easiest languages to learn to be able to sufficiently communicate, no need to get into high-tier grammar, just basics. Even post-communist countries like ours got plenty of English speakers ;-)

Aaaand here is a historical interpretation of how a server of Gnomes vs Taurens would look alike:
http://www.sewers.dk/HeroesofWoW/?Num=28
Melgarh
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion