Gold trafficking.

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: Gold trafficking.

by Dish » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:14 am

Aslan wrote:So... Can you get banned for receiving a payment ingame that is done with bought gold? I did put up a ticket ingame for the GM's to check out a buyer for an item that Im selling for a really large amount of good, though no answer.. Not gonna sell anything till the guy is checked out lol.

That would be ridiculous, really. How are people supposed to play the game if they can't even use their trade professions without having to fear being banned. A staff statement on this would be great.
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aslan » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:55 am

Dish wrote:
Aslan wrote:So... Can you get banned for receiving a payment ingame that is done with bought gold? I did put up a ticket ingame for the GM's to check out a buyer for an item that Im selling for a really large amount of good, though no answer.. Not gonna sell anything till the guy is checked out lol.

That would be ridiculous, really. How are people supposed to play the game if they can't even use their trade professions without having to fear being banned. A staff statement on this would be great.

That might eventually clear up some stuff.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Heathcliff » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:44 pm

Hey asain, what ui is that?
Heathcliff
Tester

by Aslan » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:08 pm

Heathcliff wrote:Hey asain, what ui is that?

Mine =P. But google NetherUI for some starting material
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Eligius » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:31 pm

What is this.. so many of my friends got banned for this random gold trafficking thing and when we ask for review on the support forum we just a get a copy paste answer, and then ignored for days..
Eligius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ölbröd » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:46 am

the staff really likes banning ppl for ridiculous stuff (like getting mindcontrolled or riding the zeppelin). and it's almost always a permaban without warning, even if you didn't do anything wrong. sometimes they remove the bans but you never know for sure.

so i decided that any of my characters are in danger of maybe getting banned for something and created a bank alt with all my gold and a bank full of valuables so that if my 60s got banned i could at least start over with some cash.

now i havent been banned or anything but i am afraid that sending 4 digit amounts of gold to a lvl 1 alt will now just cause me the trouble i was trying to avoid in the first place. basically i am afraid to send the gold back, as well.
another reason i did this was the fact that there are malicious parties out there who corrupt addons in a way to send gold to them and you won't even notice. there was one guy who lost 6k gold that way, i think.
so i figured my gold was safer on a bank alt with 0 addons enabled. i guess i was wrong.

also what about guild bank alts? they receive lots of gold and send it out.

tl;dr: i don't trust the GMs or the community so i store my belongings on a separate account as a contingency measure.
Ölbröd
Sergeant
Sergeant

by nervous » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:28 pm

gave 1800 gold away to an old guildy of mine a few weeks ago and have been using an unreleased version of GRIZZhack, account remains unbanned.

looks like you salty, gold buying fuckboys are getting what you deserve
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Synthe » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:26 pm

EDIT: I was unbanned.
Synthe
Tester

by CharlotteMarya » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:39 pm

I am also unbanned and I am really happy for that!
CharlotteMarya
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to General discussion