State of the Game?

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

State of the Game?

by NovaXQ » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:38 pm

Life's been playing it's hand for me lately and I haven't been able to really sink my teeth into this too much yet. I played a good eight hours yesterday and today, I may give it a bit more time. I was curious to know how the team is progressing here. I saw the timeline and was pretty impressed at how they've got stuff fleshed out. Even though (If I'm reading it correctly) they're a little behind, one can't deny the ass they're whooping. I was curious as to how far this will go and what patches are the final ones for Vanilla. Why does the patching timeline display 1.6 all the way up to 1.9 and then the last one is 1.11 again? I am just a little confused as to how this is all going.

Nvm, Shamans got d-w in TBC V_V
NovaXQ
Tester

Re: State of the Game?

by Naulii » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:04 pm

They're trying to release the content with a blizzlike timeline.

Every script of the whole game has to be rewritten and bugs of each patch needs to be fixed. They use the time between patch A and B for this.

Patch 1.11 is the last patch which is gonna be released on nostalrius PvP in september 2016.
Naulii
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kezzik » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:30 pm

It's pretty good. Servers have been stable and lots of population, especailly on pvp server. Just be aware the communtiy is a little toxic but if you stay in there it will be worth it!
Alexensual

Twitch: Alexensual
Twitter: @Alexensual

https://www.youtube.com/c/Alexensual
Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Setup » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:17 pm

Naulii wrote:They're trying to release the content with a blizzlike timeline.

1.7 was Sept 05
1.9 was Jan 06
(~5 months)

They're actually doing a pretty good job I guess.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by NovaXQ » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:41 pm

Setup wrote:
Naulii wrote:They're trying to release the content with a blizzlike timeline.

1.7 was Sept 05
1.9 was Jan 06
(~5 months)

They're actually doing a pretty good job I guess.

That sounds pretty promising. It feels very genuine so I can't wait to get some more time to play. The community doesn't seem too toxic. You actually need people in this game for a variety of things compared to retail now. Guilds are actually guilds. I can't find a social guild in retail at all but being social is just part of being in a guild here.
NovaXQ
Tester

Return to General discussion