Streaming Nostalrius?

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Streaming Nostalrius?

by Kuruni » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:59 am

Hello friends

I'm almost level 30 on Nostalrius, and I haven't streamed at all yet. I recently came across some info saying that streamers showing Vanilla WoW content were getting banned?

Is this still the case? Are there certain reasons to why they are getting banned... or is it just any and all vanilla streams?

I used to stream a different vanilla privvy with no trouble at all, this was in around 2013. The reason for the post is that I'm unsure whether to stream or not. I don't want to get banned from Nost or Twitch, but the fact that Nostalrius host Twitch streams on their site has me questioning it.

I'd be grateful for any information or advice :)
Happy Adventuring
Kuruni
Tester

Re: Streaming Nostalrius?

by Kezzik » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:11 am

some people got 24 hour bans last week for streaming but they had a large base of viewers. I think you'll be okay as long as you don't bring too much attention to yourself. if you get over 100 viewers you might want to start getting worried, or if you spam your twitch in world chat over and over it might attract people to report your twitch more.

so yeah, you can stream, but always be careful of how many viewers you get and even if you do get banned, it most likely won't be permanent just a suspension.
Alexensual

Twitch: Alexensual
Twitter: @Alexensual

https://www.youtube.com/c/Alexensual
Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kuruni » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:10 pm

Kezzik wrote:so yeah, you can stream, but always be careful of how many viewers you get and even if you do get banned, it most likely won't be permanent just a suspension.

Hey thanks for the reply :)
I checked out a few of your Youtube vids, including the one on streaming Nostalrius, thanks for putting them up :)

It's something I was really surprised about when I heard... but good to know more about it.

Though, I really think Blizzard are shooting themselves in the foot. I actually started playing WoW on a free vanilla server, and it was curiosity that led me to pay for retail WoW in Mist of Pandaria... I never would have paid for the game had I not been so hooked from playing the free privvy. Isn't Nostalrius gaining popularity also technically gaining Blizz popularity.

Probably will hold off streaming for a bit to see what else goes on with this, but it's good to know that it wouldn't be a perm ban. Also agree with what you say in your vid, if it is clearly marked that it is the Nostalrius private server and not retail... I don't think there should be a problem.
Kuruni
Tester

by Robotron » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:21 pm

They've done three different one-day ban waves of Nost streamers with final warnings attached. You're probably safe.

Also, don't stream on the PVP server if you're not 60 yet.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Kezzik » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:28 pm

Robotron wrote:Also, don't stream on the PVP server if you're not 60 yet.

yeah robo speaks truth, I have a level 60 I go on if I get camped while streaming leveling but if you are leveling for the first time, there are people who will go on your stream and camp you, so be careful
Alexensual

Twitch: Alexensual
Twitter: @Alexensual

https://www.youtube.com/c/Alexensual
Kezzik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by winfernal » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:58 pm

Probably safer to stream on something that's not Twitch
Winfernal - 60 Orc Warrior (PvP)
Torghatten - 60 Gnome Mage (PvP)