New to Nostalrius

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

New to Nostalrius

by n00berator » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:20 pm

So, I'm rather new to the whole private server scene, and I want to know whether Nostalrius is worth sinking my time into. I have heard both good and bad things about the server, and I wanted to hear from people who actually play on it.
n00berator
Tester

Re: New to Nostalrius

by Shimmerleaf » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:36 am

Playing on Nostalrius has been worthwhile for me, and I do not regret coming here. I have never had any lag, and most of the times I have been disconnected has turned out to be a problem with my internet, not with the servers. Even then, being disconnected is rare. There are very few bugs, and the ones I have encountered have not been serious. The staff is always working to fix them, and improve everybody's experience.

The two servers are Nostalrius Begins PvP, and Nostalrius Begins PvE. Both follow the same timeline and recieve the same updates and maintenance. Which one you choose is largely a matter of preference. The PvP server has been released the longest, and has the most players. However, many people do not like its crowdedness and forced PvP combat. If you go there, be prepared for some competition with other players, and some harassment in contested zones. The PvE server is newly released, and has a population cap of 2,500 players. Here, you are not flagged for PvP combat unless you so choose. The smaller population allows for more flexibility while leveling, as you are less likely to encounter people who are competing for the same kills and resources as you.

There are griefers on both servers, but they do not speak for the rest of the community. Kind people are not unheard of here, and you can find them if you just know where to look. I myself have met quite a few, and they have always been mature and helpful.

If you decide to stay here and give Nostalrius a try, then I wish you the best of luck. I hope you find the experience to be both positive and enlightening. :)
Best of journeys in Azeroth, and may nature bless you.
Shimmerleaf
Sergeant
Sergeant

by winfernal » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:00 pm

Haven't seen any other private servers like Nost. So if you want to give private a go, i suggest you start here.
Winfernal - 60 Orc Warrior (PvP)
Torghatten - 60 Gnome Mage (PvP)
Razà - 60 Undead Rogue (PvP)

R.I.P ^
winfernal
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Alkor » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:24 pm

I definitely think it's worth it to start here.But I'd say you should start at the PvE server rather than PvP if you want more casual play.No ganks, far fewer crowded areas and more chances to get herbs/nodes and not wait 30 mins for quest mobs that are camped hard.
Tho if you have friends on the PvP server, start there.Either way, you'll have fun.
Alkor
Private
Private

by Steelbash » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:19 am

+1 defo start here! Best private server so far in all fields!
Steelbash <Warsong Outriders>
Ginovic <Redlords>
Steelbash
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ohgr » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:15 am

n00berator wrote:So, I'm rather new to the whole private server scene, and I want to know whether Nostalrius is worth sinking my time into. I have heard both good and bad things about the server, and I wanted to hear from people who actually play on it.

First of all, only you can decide whether or not it is worth it and as for me personally, I didn't find it to be worth my time after being 60 for a while for a lot of reasons really, but that just means that I reached my threshold for what I could endure and not everyone cares about the same things when it comes to games so.

What I would do if I were you, particularly if you're choosing between two or more servers is to just play through the first 10 levels (which isn't much of an investment ~1 hour per server) or so on each server, try out the things that you might want to do later, check the atmosphere, talk to some people in the game and make your own opinion of it. Don't play to level 40 on one server and then decide that the server (whichever you choose) wasn't what you expected for reasons X, Y and Z.
ohgr
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Sonasol » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:42 am

1st time I was on a private server and u dont even notice is private. All works perfect and how is supose to.
Sonasol
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ravensareblack » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:02 am

It's a good stable server. The best in that respect. But I'm so used to modern MMORPGs and enjoy some of the convience. I've enjoyed it put enough hours on this to reach "my" endgame but sadly, I have since moved on. Might come back when TBC goes live.
ravensareblack
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to General discussion