GM's Please Respond: Blood of Heroes

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: GM's Please Respond: Blood of Heroes

by chrisxlimv » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:30 am

To all the people saying to stop QQ'ing, I'm not even mad.. lol. I raid log pretty much every week and rarely play maybe 3-4 hours outside of raid times. I'm just acknowledging a problem within the game and seeing what others think about it. I haven't played retail in years and have no plans on going back any time soon. I would have no problems at all if this server had 3k+ players but the fact that we're averaging 8k+ daily, there is obviously something that has to be done to fix not only this but many other circumstances within the game.
chrisxlimv
Grunt
Grunt

by Setup » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:24 am

chunass wrote:
chrisxlimv wrote:All I want is for a single material to spawn quicker so I can move on to more interesting things within the game, not just running around / camping a zone for hours within a week. That isn't fun to me.

This is the mentality that turned WoW into what it is today. Whiners didn't want to spend time on anything "boring".
Just put in some effort and you can do it in a few hours.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by reysode » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:56 am

I farmed 10 blood in a few days for breastplate of the chromatic flight last week. just get better dude
reysode
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Melgarh » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:52 am

Setup wrote:
chunass wrote:
chrisxlimv wrote:All I want is for a single material to spawn quicker so I can move on to more interesting things within the game, not just running around / camping a zone for hours within a week. That isn't fun to me.

This is the mentality that turned WoW into what it is today. Whiners didn't want to spend time on anything "boring".
Just put in some effort and you can do it in a few hours.

Its a question where the line is drawn between "Current situation" and keeping the server "Blizzlike". Many things logically should be increased in their rates of use, however that would also add another stab to the original intention of "Blizzlike" server and when things like these get hammered down, nobody is sure what is next and reputation of the server will not be based on its quality but only on the sheer amount of "users".

Tough call.
Melgarh
Sergeant
Sergeant

by bockhorm » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:52 am

Yes, this most be looked at IMMEDIATELY. Since zg release these nodes are camped by 3-4 people and they have a frigging 2 hour respawn timer. It's just FUBAR and obviously not adapted to the current population of this server which is now, by the way, about the size as 2x vanilla servers during off hours, and around the size of FOUR vanilla servers during peak time. Anyone claiming that increasing spawn rate of blood of heroes would be "un-blizzlike" obviously fails to understand that the way it is now is definately NOT blizzlike. Neither is it catering to casuals, it simply should be an adjustment to how things should be. Once again, those who think that tinkering with respawn rates etc is unblizzlike, think about how absurd it would be to not adjust the AQ war effort. If nostalrius doesn't adjust these rates, the gates will be opened ridiculously fast. Clearly, there is a need to adjust certain spawn rates by virtue of the server's population and this goes both ways.

When you see 3-4 people throughout that day camping something that has a 2h respawn timer then you knwo things have definately hit the fan.
bockhorm
Grunt
Grunt

by Dersock » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:31 pm

Botanist wrote:it's a free server, instead of complaining, you could be using your time to reroll somewhere else if you don't like it =]

Again with the invalid free server argument...
Dersock
Grunt
Grunt

by Imbaslap » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:40 pm

bockhorm wrote:Yes, this most be looked at IMMEDIATELY. Since zg release these nodes are camped by 3-4 people and they have a frigging 2 hour respawn timer. It's just FUBAR and obviously not adapted to the current population of this server which is now, by the way, about the size as 2x vanilla servers during off hours, and around the size of FOUR vanilla servers during peak time. Anyone claiming that increasing spawn rate of blood of heroes would be "un-blizzlike" obviously fails to understand that the way it is now is definately NOT blizzlike. Neither is it catering to casuals, it simply should be an adjustment to how things should be. Once again, those who think that tinkering with respawn rates etc is unblizzlike, think about how absurd it would be to not adjust the AQ war effort. If nostalrius doesn't adjust these rates, the gates will be opened ridiculously fast. Clearly, there is a need to adjust certain spawn rates by virtue of the server's population and this goes both ways.

When you see 3-4 people throughout that day camping something that has a 2h respawn timer then you knwo things have definately hit the fan.

sounds like black lotus for the past 6 months.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Robotron » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:47 pm

Honestly, I can just see BoH regulating itself once the surge of people needing it subsides. You only need so many ZG enchants (I need what, 8 to be able to use them on every possible upgrade I could see from now until the end of Naxx?), whereas raid consumables' demand will always increase since the potions are temporary.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by euronmisc » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:46 pm

Robotron wrote:Honestly, I can just see BoH regulating itself once the surge of people needing it subsides. You only need so many ZG enchants (I need what, 8 to be able to use them on every possible upgrade I could see from now until the end of Naxx?), whereas raid consumables' demand will always increase since the potions are temporary.

dont forget to enchant your rocket helm 8-)
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Imbaslap » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:53 pm

will always need a steady supply for edge of madness event as well.. don't be shocked to see BoH stay where its at..
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion