Allow Character Transfers to PvE Server

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: Allow Character Transfers to PvE Server

by Dish » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:20 am

Stark wrote:Honestly, the biggest mistake was releasing a PVE server. Even on live barely anyone played them compared to the PVP ones.

I don't see where stuff like that is always coming from. Maybe because some players got used to the hugely overpopulated pvp realm and don't realize what blizzlike is anymore? The PvE server has around 2k people online every night (CET), on weekends up ot 2,5k. It is far from dead and population-wise feels very blizzlike and healthy to play on.
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Melgarh » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:54 am

Stark wrote:Honestly, the biggest mistake was releasing a PVE server. Even on live barely anyone played them compared to the PVP ones. Should have just made another PVP box. I know 15 people off the top of my head from another game that just all started playing here and not one of them voted to roll on the PVE server.

Dragonblight EU PVE - queues to get in. So yeah, you should have your facts checked via RealityCheck(TM) !

Perhaps if the toxic attitude wasn't ever so reeking all over the PVP server, the PVE server would have not been created.
Last edited by Melgarh on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melgarh
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ravensareblack » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:58 am

Stark wrote: I know 15 people off the top of my head from another game that just all started playing here and not one of them voted to roll on the PVE server.

Just because you don't know people who like PVE > PVP does not mean we don't exist. I immediately rolled a new character when the PVE server went live. Starting at level 1 again, not a big deal.
ravensareblack
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Glenzig » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:56 pm

Stark wrote:Who cares about the timeline, 10k players on one server is absurd. It's a good problem to have though but addressing it's more important than following another timeline. This timeline isn't even a year old.

Honestly, the biggest mistake was releasing a PVE server. Even on live barely anyone played them compared to the PVP ones. Should have just made another PVP box. I know 15 people off the top of my head from another game that just all started playing here and not one of them voted to roll on the PVE server.

You should cry some more.
Glenzig
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ferox » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:04 pm

Nostalrius made a mistake from the beginning since it released. Instead of releasing only a PvP server they should have released both a PvE and PvP server at the same time so everyone had the option to choose in which realm they wanted to play, PvErs on the PvE realm and PvPers on the PvP one of course, both servers right now would be pretty balanced, probably with 5k players on each, but since Nostalrius just released a PvP realm at release EVERYONE went to play to that one, now you got a PvE and PvP community mixed on one PvP realm which is overpopulated, Nostalrius could have fixed this issue if they released the new PvE realm at the current patch the PvP server was and allow a character transfer for everyone that wanted to switch to the new PvE realm only for that occasion.
Ferox
Private
Private

by Ferox » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:46 pm

I really don't know why did they made the PvE realm with the first patch, it doesn't make sense to me but I can't think of any more solutions to this issue, I just hope it gets fixed soon.
Ferox
Private
Private

by Naulii » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:07 pm

They made this to give everyone who joined nostalrius later or heard of them later a fresh start from zero.

It's not fun to join the PvP server as a new player when you have to worry about being behind, pressure yourself to catch up and even get ganked by group of 60s which are bored the whole time while you're leveling.

If you don't want to play with the PvP population, just switch.

You won't be able to transfer your already leveld and geared up characters since it would destroy;
A) the progression of the server
B) economy of the server

Don't cry if you're not able to transfer and don't want to start new.

10k is overpopulated and the PvE server is healthy and blizzlike with his population.

Stop crying about transfer and how nostalrius could've made this better. Apparently everyone here is a super good hoster of private servers and would've done everything right.

You could just start on the PvE server now, or you continue to waste your time with "I want to transfer" "nostalrius should release a 2nd PvP server, who cares about PvE".
Last edited by Naulii on Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naulii
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by zzxx » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:08 pm

lol
Time and space, it's a crossroad through a gate, where do you go?
Getownedlol
Ogtucker
zzxx
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Pottu » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:24 pm

Greetings,

we have no plans on allowing characters transfers between realms.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

Previous

Return to General discussion