DME Open door "exploit" - Bannable?

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

DME Open door "exploit" - Bannable?

by taxoro » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:45 am

It has come to my attention that it's possible to open the DME door ( after jumpdown), without having to talk with the tree, or kill the first two bosses.

This exploit originates from a bug in WoW, not from nostalgius, however it can be used to farm DME quite fast (talking 5 mins runs with 2blue drops + mining), for a lot of money.

Now I heard that doing exploits like going to Hyjal isn't bannable, but is opening the door to farm DME quickly a bannable offense?
taxoro
Private
Private

Re: DME Open door "exploit" - Bannable?

by Dreez » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:56 am

if you're talking about blinking through the door, I've reported that around 3 months ago

if you're talking about making gobjects not load through making you lag (by any means) this shouldn't be allowed either

the devs should simply make the boss immune to attacks unless the gobject (door) is activated / ironbark script is performed
Shouldn't be too difficult
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Eligius » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:39 pm

If I were you I would be extremely careful with this
Don't forget that they perm banned a bunch of people for major bug abuse when all they did was anticipate thorium node respawn time in silithus lol
Eligius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by taxoro » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:45 pm

I should've clarified the exploit:

The exploit is that there's a way to manually open the door, so everyone can enter. The way this is possible is because in early wow the door was supposed to be opened with diremaul key, and blizzard did not remove the function completely, so by opening it the right place, you can use key to open door.
taxoro
Private
Private

Return to General discussion