Something about Chinese players

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Something about Chinese players

by catxp2016 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:38 am

this post is not trying to discuss about the lagging problem, yeah nostalrius is so damn good that so many players who want to play vanilla wow all come including Chinese players, make server overpopulated and laggy, but I just want to explain something others you are always complaining.

"Chinese players are all gold famers"
Are all gold famers chinese? no. Are all Chinese gold famers? no. Are many gold farmers Chinese? yes.
But there is not thing you should know, that is, Chinese players also hate gold famers and their ads/whispers just like all of other players. They also want these f**king farmers get banned.
But things are not just this simple. In China there are many groups of organized people called "workshop", they consider games as tools of making money, and farm/sell gold. I don't think they can be considered as ordinary players, so don't equal these annoying workshop men to ordinary Chinese players, again, we don't like them and hope them to be banned either. Ordinary chinese players just want to play this game just like you, they won't spam you wtih blank message whispers or send any ads in channels.

Even if no Chinese playing on this server, these workshop gold famers will still exist, manybe less of them, but they will still be here, because they just want to make money and they don't care these who buy gold are Chinese or not.

"Chinese players don't speak English"
This is a turth because although most Chinese learn English in school, but it's just for examination, and many of them won't learn it hard, so many Chinese players can't speak English.
But according to the offical rules of this server, if they don't speak Chinese in any public channel, it will be ok. I know some of them don't follow this rules so when you see anyone is sending these blank message in a pulic channel just make a screenshot and repoert to GM.

The language barrier surely cuase many problems, make many misunderstandings, but most Chinese players just want to play this game just like others.

"Chinese players' behaviors are bad"
What caused this promblem can divided into 3 parts.
1)The way of playing between Chinese players and western players is different
Some chinese players play well, willing to make themself better and not make trouble, while others many just play as what ever they want. They don't think afking or random pulling which cause wiping is a serious problem. Maybe this is some kind of cultural difference, for example, Chinese players won't roll for mining noeds/herbs/chest/quest items in a dungeon, who first get to these object will take it and no one will think this is not good.
2)language barrier
Based on point one, Chinese players play a different way with western players, and most of them don't know the rules/ways western players follows. If someone can explain for both sides, things will be better, but when both sides just can't understand or communicate with each other, there will be many misunderstandings.
3)the poplulation of china is too large
This means the chance you meet a Chinese player with bad behavior in greatly increased. The overall rate of bad players in Chinese players is not high, but there are too many of them, so you may just happended to meet these bad ones. Believe me, there are still many of them are really nice guys.

For me, the solution is simple, when grouping, just ask team members if they can speak English, if they can't, tell them this will cause problems and kick them.

At last, sorry for the bad experiences caused by some small part of Chinese players, hope you can meet these who are nice among them.
catxp2016
Tester

Return to General discussion