It's About the Journey

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: It's About the Journey

by Requake » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:37 pm

Thank you all

I will see you around the interwebs; wherever this community moves forward
Requake
Sergeant
Sergeant

by niwemang » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:49 pm

this is my 10th year playing wow, mostly vanilla. i don't remember how many server i have played. i saw really really bad servers. once we killed diablo at badlands. but vanilla servers improve themselves step by step while retail dying day by day every expansion. now blizz faced that they did really wrong. i think they don't care intellectual property or something else. they try to keep game alive a bit more but it's in coma. giving 60$ for boost level 100 gz m8. anyway i believe retail is gonna die soon but vanilla fire will forever. cause this game based on a spirit. community, friendship has got meaning for us. we don't play this game for item or gold basically. we play for this community. this is why nost feels like home when enter the world. sometimes needs to change home but this is not an end. a wise tauren says "we shall meet again". soon i hope.
niwemang
Tester

by ThoronaX » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:21 am

It's like going on vacation. It's all about the experience and memories.
ThoronaX
Grunt
Grunt

by duridface » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:44 am

Holy Shit OG you are such a fucking nerd

GG blizz, you heartless bastards. see y'all mofos on the next one
duridface
Tester

by Tebeda » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:59 am

An incredible journey this was indeed. Nostalrius did everything right and delivered what was missing in our need for a video game that was worth spending hours a day on.

I truly feel as if I walked into a new dungeon called "Caverns of Time - Nostalrius" where it brought me back to the year 2004/2005 (only this time I have a full time job and responsibilities). The only difference was that most players I came across actually knew how to play, kind of makes me realize how many slackers we had in our raids back in the day. Oh and I almost forgot, I never seen so many warriors ("dps" instead of tanks) Trying to get that tank for Dire Maul Tribute tho. LF1M TANK DM TRIB!

This was also my gf's first video game she ever played. She said in her country (Thailand), games were popular but it never interested her. At first she didn't like it, but once I showed her how to use the Auction House she fell in love (go figure)... We would do quests together and fight off alliance scum when we had to, she made it to level 33. Our short term goal was to get her to 35 so she could go to Uldaman to learn some enchanting skills. Now she is also disappointed in the closing of Nostalrius, but also knows that Blizzard had the right to do that. Unfortunately the closing of Nostalrius discouraged her and myself because we put in so much work and time only to be erased.

On a positive note, I'll never forget the community that we had. Even though we had WoWhead etc. at our disposal, folks were still kind to lend a hand on a location of a quest item in general chat. Barrens chat was something else. I never leveled up as Horde until I started on Nostalrius, and boy.... I had no idea about Barrens chat, I only heard rumors. I tell ya, I didn't have to watch the news for almost 2 weeks leveling up in that zone.

I just want to thank you all for a wonderful experience here on Nostalrius, especially the Nostalrius team for doing a wonderful job on bringing back what we have craved for many years as gamers.

Hopefully we will be heard by Blizzard and they will deliver.
Tebeda
Grunt
Grunt

by Eazy-E » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:05 am

sadly i could not play on servers last day, but this is where i decided to die and logout for good
Eazy-E
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Kitty_CaT » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:39 pm

http://imgur.com/a/kbaQi

Banish guilds last ever raid on Nost!

We went out in style!

"did someone say..."
Kitty_CaT
Private
Private

by Sweetiepuff » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:08 pm

SweetiePuff's Final Resting Spot ~ Top of IF :'(

SugarPuff and Mr Puff's Final Resting Spot ~ Treasure Island, Westfall

Sweetiepuff
Private
Private

by slickz » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:18 pm

There are projects all over the web that host 1.12.1 realms
slickz
Grunt
Grunt

by Illidan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:44 pm

Still 1st in 1st week of pvp here , rip nost, I betrayed you too after all..."in truth it was I who was betrayed, still I am hunted, still I am hated..." oh well looks like blizzard fucked me over again
The Betrayer
Illidan
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion