nost please save us

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

nost please save us

by Hernia » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:15 pm

Nostalrius really spoiled me. Im trying to go to Kronos to keep the dream alive but holy shit, that server just blows.

So there's 5k people online, but their awful server forces a draw distance of like 15 yards because it can't handle it. That server is hosted in Bumfuckistan so I get to enjoy 30% more latency than on Nost. And then a queue of 1000 lasts like 3 hours. What the hell?!

Keep in mind that the admins had their heads up their ass and didn't really know what to expect from the population so spawn rates are completely fucked. Like 20 people camping one quest zone waiting to ninja the next mob that spawns in 5 minutes. They think their server can handle 2x the players of a Blizzard vanilla server but don't do anything about the spawn rates. HAHAHA. I spent last night just marvelling at how everything in westfall was a fucking CORPSE other than the masses of players running around ninjaing from eachother.

Oh and don't get me started on how they broke LOS for some fucking reason. And all their other bullshit changes/cash shop etc. For fucks sake they even had like a 7x exp event going on their other server not too long ago. What if they try some stupid shit like that again?

Anyway man I just hope that blizzard licenses vanilla out to Nostalrius. They're the only guys who can do it fucking properly
Blow your pristine realms out your ass, Brack
Hernia
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: nost please save us

by scorpadorp » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:35 pm

I'm interested to see what's happening tomorrow (April 30th) They said something about putting the sourcecode + the character database somewhere out there. Unless they made some kind of agreement with Blizzard now not to release anything.

The trade better be official legacy servers if so. :P
scorpadorp
Grunt
Grunt

by yolll » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:53 pm

I played on kronos 2 last night out of pure boredom and because I'm missing wow like mad since nost died :(.. can confirm the starting zones are pure aids... I remember it was simular when nost released but when they upped the spawn timers it helped alot.. there were people in the inn in brill.. in the basement doing the followup to the pumpkin quest where you feed it to the scarlet prisoner... was literally 20 - 30 people in a single file line in front of where the dude spawns... all raging and calling people niggers for running in and handing in the quest before they had chance to .. they were there for over 2 hours... I kept coming back to check now and again... even told them that the quest is worth like 250 xp with no follow up and they still wouldn't give in hahaha!
yolll
Sergeant
Sergeant

by McStitch » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:09 pm

yolll wrote:ut when they upped the spawn timers it helped alot.. there were people in the inn in brill.. in the basement doing the followup to the pumpkin quest where you feed it to the scarlet prisoner... was literally 20 - 30 people in a single file line in front of where the dude spawns... all raging and calling people niggers for running in and handing in the quest before they had chance to .. they were there for over 2 hours... I kept coming back to check now and again... even told them that the quest is worth like 250 xp with no follow up and they still wouldn't give in hahaha!

I died omg :lol:
McStitch
Grunt
Grunt

by PeaceHammer » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:07 pm

I gave Kronos 2 a try. I'm not gonna trash talk them, it's a decent enough server. But it doesn't compare to Nostalrius.

The queues, spawn rates, and some super annoying bugs have made me quit Kronos already.

Now I just really wanna see what comes from Nost meeting with Blizz.
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hernia » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:09 pm

PeaceHammer wrote:
Now I just really wanna see what comes from Nost meeting with Blizz.

YEA man its fuckin happening LOL!!!!!! I cant wait...
Blow your pristine realms out your ass, Brack
Hernia
Sergeant
Sergeant

by yolll » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:12 pm

/FLEX
yolll
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Kyprosa » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:02 pm

Kronos 2 is a disapointment after Nostalrius. Try elite quests in Redridge mountains in Stonewatch Keep. Elite mobs have a 60 second respawn there, which makes impossible to do any quests there.

I put my hope at Nostalrius devs and Nostalrius source code.
Kyprosa
Tester

by Theoloras » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:09 pm

Kyprosa wrote:Kronos 2 is a disapointment after Nostalrius. Try elite quests in Redridge mountains in Stonewatch Keep. Elite mobs have a 60 second respawn there, which makes impossible to do any quests there.

I put my hope at Nostalrius devs and Nostalrius source code.

shit server is shit
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by colezz2 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:52 am

Been playing on Kronos 2 past few days and I wouldn't say it's shit, but def not as good as nost. I actually really like what they've done with Los now warsong gulch mid will actually have Los for healers. Also the nerfd respec costs are great. Pretty worried about raid scripting tho since deadmines was buggy as hell.

Nost wasn't perfect at all, it had some awful class bugs like impact, mind control so shouldn't praise it as perfection.
colezz2
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to General discussion