How good/bad were hunters really in vanilla

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

How good/bad were hunters really in vanilla

by Beastx24x » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:01 am

So I have a great conundrum of picking a class to play on Elysium/Nost, I am stuck between Hunter and Warrior.

I leveled my warrior in nost to almost 50, and I remember the struggle I had... I quit and came back several times due to the struggle and never hit max level.

I have also had a strange attraction to hunter recently but have no idea how good they were and if needed/wanted for end game raiding.

Also I am a PvPer at heart, I have been playing some retroWoW and I am kind of enjoying the hunter play style. I just want to be able to go off into the world/BGs solo, crank on some metal and collect HKs.

TL;DR are hunters viable in PvP/PvE or am I better off leveling a warrior and sucking it up.
Beastx24x
Tester

Re: How good/bad were hunters really in vanilla

by Gedmin » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:31 am

They are viable to a certain extent. Typically 1 or 2 are brought to a raid. Mainly for their tranq shot and for some mediocre dps.
Gedmin
Private
Private

by Theoloras » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:04 am

Hunters are brought to raids for Tranq shot, trueshot aura, kiting and frost traps...not their DPS.

Yes, they are a "pure" DPS class, but they are always at the lower end of the spectrum.

Hunters are very easy to level up, especially as BM spec - they are also excellent farming classes specializing in Herbalism or Mining. Plus with Aspect of the Cheetah, you can save on buying a mount if need be.

With good gear Hunters can be a force to be reckoned with in PvP however with the ability to stay at max range and nuke from afar.
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Arucado » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:19 pm

Hunters are a soloclass. They are the best in solo world pvp, they are easy to lvl up (Because u can solo most of quests unlike other classes such warrior), they farm gold easy, and they have decent utility in pve besides they can do a really good amount of dps despite people don't say so.

PvP in bg's is resumed in which team has most geared Warriors/Healers + retarded burst sp classes such Fire/Frost mages and ele shams.
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Thomaszine » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:20 pm

PLAY THE GOD DAMN HUNTER!!!
I'm vegan
Thomaszine
Private
Private

by Yasko » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:00 pm

Thomaszine wrote:PLAY THE GOD DAMN HUNTER!!!

Do you even lift?
Yasko
Grunt
Grunt

by Dodgemade » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:18 pm

I don't understand people who say they struggle to hit max level and quit. It's mind blowing to me. I mean, just wow. No offense meant. Just can't even understand the logic. I'd suggest you continue twinking if you have issues hitting 60 on any class.
Dodgemade
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Crysthal » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:22 pm

Dodgemade wrote:I don't understand people who say they struggle to hit max level and quit. It's mind blowing to me. I mean, just wow. No offense meant. Just can't even understand the logic. I'd suggest you continue twinking if you have issues hitting 60 on any class.

are you mentally handicapped to not understand such a simple thing?
Crysthal
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Raven » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:40 pm

if it wasn't for tranq shot or trueshot aura you would never see a raid.
Raven
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Theoloras » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:35 pm

Raven wrote:if it wasn't for tranq shot or trueshot aura you would never see a raid.

pretty much
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to General discussion