"You must use the same IP to generate and consume the token"

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

"You must use the same IP to generate and consume the token"

by Wreckington » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:59 pm

I am currently receiving the error message in the title when I try to redeem my transfer token.
I can retrieve my token just fine, but am unable to redeem it on the Elysium site.

I am retrieving my token via the username and password option.

I have tried all of the suggested "work arounds", resetting my router, trying different browsers and incognito mode, etc. Many others also seem to be experiencing this issue.
I am definitely using the same IP to generate and redeem the code.
There appears to be some sort of problem with the token system.

Though the Nostalrius twitter recently tweeted that the "same IP" error has been fixed and to try generating a new code, but I have done this, and can confirm that the error is definitely not fixed.

I'd be unsurprised if the issue is simply due to the heavy load on the websites at the moment, I intend to simply try again later. I'm quite sure the problem is on Nost/Elysium's end, not mine. Some transparency on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Wreckington
Private
Private

Re: "You must use the same IP to generate and consume the to

by Anceron » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:32 pm

I have the same issue
Anceron
Grunt
Grunt

by Pottu » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:08 pm

Restart your PC and then try generating a new token.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Wreckington » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:38 pm

I already tried this and it did not work. It is not an IP issue on my end, I don't see how my IP could possibly change in the couple of seconds between me generating and entering the code in 2 different tabs in the same browser. I've tried with multiple different browsers and even on different devices. There are many other people experiencing this issue too. My guess is that there is some sort of problem your end.

One thing to note could be that I used the username and password method of recovery. Friends of mine that have been using the email method don't seem to be encountering the problem.

Sadly I used a dud email to register to Nostalrius so I don't have this option.
Last edited by Wreckington on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wreckington
Private
Private

by Pottu » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:42 pm

Yes, which has been fixed, which is why I asked you to restart your PC so that you have a new IP before generating the token again.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Wreckington » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:44 pm

I restarted my computer about half an hour ago, which is long after the nost twitter announced the issue to be fixed. I'm still encountering the issue.
Wreckington
Private
Private

by 0livero » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:47 pm

Pottu wrote:Yes, which has been fixed, which is why I asked you to restart your PC so that you have a new IP before generating the token again.

Same problem - i've followed all steps / fixs on the adjacent posts and the Elysium forums and I still get the IP error.
0livero
Tester

by 0livero » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:54 pm

I think we're doomed to just loose our characters :(
0livero
Tester

by Wreckington » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:22 am

I managed to remember the email with which I registered to Nost and tried the username and email recovery method, I am still receiving the same error message.
Wreckington
Private
Private

by Pottu » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:23 am

Apparently some people have bypassed the problem by disablind IPv6.

I do not recommend doing that unless you are sure what you are doing. You might cause serious connectivity issues if you mess things up.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

Next

Return to General discussion