Paladins get ready!!!!!

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: Paladins get ready!!!!!

by smilkovpetko » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:14 pm

Dauneth wrote:Even without trickery paladin runs oom pretty fast.

-blah blah-

That's what happens, when you have Paladins running with Warrior Gear instead Paladin Gear.

The fixes are good to refresh Paladins memory who they were in Vanilla, instead who they pretend to be like they do today.

No wonder why you would see in Vanilla Retribution Paladin run with Pre Raid Cloth Gear and doing DPS.

In 1 word, whoever believe that Paladin in PVE should work on Warrior Gear, then he should reroll to something else.

In PVP Reckbomb yes, in PVE no.

This is how Retribution Paladin Gear should look like and the reason why i would never go OOM like you pretend. http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer ... Killerduki
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Dauneth » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:17 pm

Dude, just check paladin gear, than compare it to other dps class basin on paladin attack power and spell power, and his damaging skills. Numbers don't lie, and so damage meter.

I wish paladin were good dps, cos I love this class, but they are not.
You can see some hotheaded players in raids as retri, but only in average or weak guilds.

But still good luck... Retri can be good in pvp, but not in pve in any respectful guild
Dauneth
Grunt
Grunt

by smilkovpetko » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:04 pm

Dauneth wrote:Dude, just check paladin gear, than compare it to other dps class basin on paladin attack power and spell power, and his damaging skills. Numbers don't lie, and so damage meter.

How the fuck Paladin Gear you would compare to other classes?

Paladin does not scale same as any other class, but it does scale with both Strength and Spell Power.

Paladin sets for that have all the required stats : Strength,Spell Power,Intellect and this mean something.
Your Abilities will all get affected by various combination , different from other Classes.
Where Seal of Command will scale with both Strength and Spell Power at once (Paladin Set).

Does that mean we scale terrible ? No
-If you see in every single private server that exist, Seal of Command and Judgement of Command does not scale with Spell Power and Sanctity Aura, Holy Resistance was there and Armor was reducing Melee Elemental Damage which is also Seal of Command damage.

Imagine the difference between "half scaling and full scaling" , yes with this bug fixes we are currently receiving "full scaling" compare to every private server that exist we receive "half or low scaling".

What numbers to see you are referring to? Private servers with non working Paladin Abilities?
Great example , i doubt it.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Dauneth » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:17 am

I compare it to non-private servers. I played regular WoW for 7 years(Elisium/Nostalrius, will be my first time on private), mostly as holy paladin. Trust me even on regular servers retri paladin was trash in vanilla (also in TBC with all these upgrades, they were still on the bottom of dmg meters, but good enough to bring em for some abilities) so don't expect much from this fix, unless there is some hidden boosts on this private server, but I highly doubt it.

It seems you have to learn it yourself, so good luck and have fun. Just don't get too excited before you see for yourself. I know how You feel, when I started my adventure with WoW soon after release I really wanted to be like my favorite novel hero... 2H sword, retribution paladin.. But Blizzard made them really usefull in WoTLK, before it was kinda 5th wheel in the car.

-My Regards, friend
Dauneth
Grunt
Grunt

by Forcerius » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:28 am

Ok thanks. Seems like bad game mechanics then if holy damage doesn't get a bonus from attack power because if you stack str you lack damage / mana for abilities, and if you stack int or spell power then you're autos suck. Shockadin seems viable though since I know holy pallys are strong.
studyquran.org/resources/Quran_Reformist_Translation.pdf
Submission to God alone and doing good work is the only path to Paradise.
Peace be upon you.
Forcerius
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dauneth » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:30 am

Retri = Strong in pvp (average dmg, support, minor cc)
Prot = Dungeon tank (too low agro build for raids, only for off tanking)
Holy = Strong healer, most say it's tank healer, but I was always top even during raid healing.
Shockadin is a myth, YT joke ;p It does like fireblast dmg each 12 sec? It's also expansive, useful to save someone at low hp in party/raid.

That's it, there is no other way... You can talk about it forever, but facts are facts, no propaganda, just math ;)
Dauneth
Grunt
Grunt

by smilkovpetko » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:25 pm

Dauneth wrote:Prot = Dungeon tank (too low agro build for raids, only for off tanking)

I am sorry but speaking about aggro , Warriors are doing 10 times lower Aggro than Paladins in Vanilla.

Especially that their Rage now was fixed to work according to Blue Post Blizzlike , they get 68% less Rage than they used to get in Private Servers.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by smilkovpetko » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:29 pm

Forcerius wrote:Ok thanks. Seems like bad game mechanics then if holy damage doesn't get a bonus from attack power because if you stack str you lack damage / mana for abilities, and if you stack int or spell power then you're autos suck. Shockadin seems viable though since I know holy pallys are strong.

Paladins Sets gives you 2 things at once , Strength and Spell Damage at once which is double boost to both of our Damage Dealing ways.

The stuff you talk about Autos or Holy Damage is incorrect.

We are similar like mages in fashion of DPS , we need to pop more Agility for Crits and Intellect to use our Abilities often, Spell Damage to boost our overall DPS thanks to Vengeance.

Or let say in 1 word , all stats we need which is mainly given by Paladin Sets and there are few offsets items around.

Strength is low dps but not much Viable for us since we are using 1.12 Talents instead 1.8 or early.

Thus from Strength the damage we get is most likely reduced by Glancing Blows which make Strength even more useless (except pvp).
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Previous

Return to General discussion