why are there so many gankers now?

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

why are there so many gankers now?

by Mahuiztaccihuatl » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:27 pm

i like the pvp server for the organic wpvp, for example i remember one time questing in the shimmering flats turned into a 2 hour land war between about 30 h and 30 a. that was great, we were all about the same level and even though it was essentially meaningless or even a 'hindrance' in leveling, it was a fairly unique event, 'its about the journey etc. etc.' tbh this is my favourite part of wow, i dont care about pngs i just like the memorable experiences. but this also comes with the gankers which seems to be way way up atm

i spawn into tanaris (im lv 41), go outside for some questing, 2 lv 60s murk me when i start attacking the first mob. respawn, different high levels do the same. tele back to darkshire (old hearth), get killed instantly by 60 rogue murdering all the lv 20s there. start to ride through stv, get killed by a 60 sitting outside the rebel camp killing the lv 30s there. go a bit further down the track, get charged by a 60. as im running back to respawn i see this guy is waiting by the side of the road behind a tree like a cop car hunting for speeders. go a bit further a long and get ambushed by another 60, who also kills me on respawn. go a bit further and theres another one waiting for me. im sure theres plenty more all the way to booty bay

whats the deal with this? theres always rands who can only win people 20 levels lower, but there seems to be so many since the relaunch. anyone else notice this? why do you think this is, just cos the pop is too big and everyone is high level now and then those who cant still need something to do? i dont remember it being this bad before the relaunch. and i dont want to go to the pve server because that doesnt have the proper wpvp
Mahuiztaccihuatl
Tester

Re: why are there so many gankers now?

by swordarchmage » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:08 am

I think its all those kids who want everyone to roll on the fresh server+ the usual crowd
swordarchmage
Grunt
Grunt

by Megadon40 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:07 am

Might be because the server is just starting again and guilds haven't been established yet and those pve people are ganking too. Also, speaking for myself, it's been a long draught so I had quite a bit of bloodlust when I first logged on.
Megadon40
Tester

by Forcerius » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:53 am

Because most of the original players are probably gone so 60's are bored waiting for the rest of the server that will try to catch up then inevitably quit for the fresh one when / if they ever do.
studyquran.org/resources/Quran_Reformist_Translation.pdf
Submission to God alone and doing good work is the only path to Paradise.
Peace be upon you.
Forcerius
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Arx_1 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:35 am

It's been always like that.

Going from Astranaar to Lower Felwood as an epic geared level 60, I'd be ganked 6-8 times along the way.

Plus, the PvP server had 6000 people queue yesterday (I am not even fucking kidding). How are we, the original Nost players, are supposed to raid with our guilds like that?

I may also start ganking lowbies tbh like the others do. Thanks to Vorosilov btw.
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Forcerius » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:11 am

"ganked as an epic geared level 60".

Lol. Why don't you just play on the PVE server if you get wrecked by 8 people in a row as an epic geared level 60 hunter in open world pvp? Not trying to make fun of you but seriously dude all you do is complain about ganking then act like people care if you decide to do it. Nobody cares if you want to gank people, its been happening for decades in MMO's. And if it happens to me I deal with it because there's multiple methods, instead of getting butthurt.

I like Vorosilov too, coming from a human priest, because its hilarious how he RP's so much and constantly destroys alliance scrubs.
studyquran.org/resources/Quran_Reformist_Translation.pdf
Submission to God alone and doing good work is the only path to Paradise.
Peace be upon you.
Forcerius
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Nostalrius News » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:12 pm

It is just because the servers are getting their feet back and the serious raiding guilds are taking time to set things up again. Therefore, there is boredom amongst the 60's. They need something to do! Don't worry, I believe things will settle out in the coming weeks.
Nostalrius News
Private
Private

by Arx_1 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:49 pm

Nostalrius News wrote:It is just because the servers are getting their feet back and the serious raiding guilds are taking time to set things up again. Therefore, there is boredom amongst the 60's. They need something to do! Don't worry, I believe things will settle out in the coming weeks.

What boredom? We can't even raid.

After staying in queue for about an hour (3500 people in front of me) I logged in, played for 5 minutes and then got disconnected.

I tried to log back in, and there were 6000 people in the queue. Not even kidding.

Of course, I missed yesterday's raid and I imagine thousands of others did too judging from the amount of people in the queue in front of me.

This happened around 21:00 server time.
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by xl2pilc » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:44 pm

Maybe crying in game will help more. Make a char on opposite faction and rage whisper whoever ganks you, they'll probably be super understanding and stop.... lol fucking scrubs. You don't like getting ganked, play somewhere else pussies.
xl2pilc
Tester

by Segen » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:42 pm

The answer to OP's question is because all of the 60s that are logging on for the first time in 7 months are in disarray. Their raiding schedule as it once was is no longer. They are trying to figure out what guild/raid they are going to join. Trying to figure out how to pick up where they left off. And in these first few days/weeks there's just a lot of sitting around in capitals and yes... Ganking. Also as someone else already mentioned, after a long hiatus it just downright feels good to be back out there in hillsbrad or stv again and being able to smash some noobs does feel good. I personally dedicated a few hours to ganking myself just for shits n gigs, but now I've started farming gold to bide my time until I figure out what I'm going to do. Also, like the guy above me said, PvP happened on a PvP server. Don't cry buddy. Good luck out there. :D
Segen
Private
Private

Next

Return to General discussion