I still love Nostalrius!

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: I still love Nostalrius!

by Denkart » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:37 am

Healyheals wrote:And again, there are no mentioned juridical reasons, if there are, they're lying to us about their motives.

Just in case you didn't already know this, during legal proceedings people can be issued gag orders that make it so they're not legally allowed to talk about the issues. Nost very well could be forced by law to say these things and not mention any lawsuit/legal troubles. Violating that would probably land them in trouble.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but it's a very real possibility that Nost team was pressured into making this statement to keep themselves out of a lawsuit and not allowed to speak about why they're doing it.
Denkart
Private
Private

by theunknowing » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:51 am

Im grateful for what nost ORIGINALLY did, im not grateful for what they have done now, they have ruined their reputation and name. They basically called all of us pirates and are trying to take our home away from us in hopes for official legacy which i cannot stress this enough when i say this OFFICIAL LEGACY WILL NEVER HAPPEN! blizzard doesnt care, they dont wanna look back they wanna keep going forward. The only way we can play the game we love is by servers like what Nost was and what elysium is.

Honestly i believe if it was always nost main mission to push for official legacy well, they should have never released a server in the first place. Blizzard has a gun to their head right now thats the only reason they are doing what they are doing, it has to be.
theunknowing
Grunt
Grunt

by ivanm » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:23 am

Yep, stop insulting people that did so much good. You know, they were forced into this, and even if they werent, you bunch of low lifes deserve no better treatment, ungrateful selfish scumbags.... Anathema core, do you know what it is, or are you stupid as well? Guys did all that they could, gave what needed to be given, and have no purpose or use now other than try to legally and officially achieve something.... But for the lot of you?
ivanm
Private
Private

by Malga » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:34 am

notgunnahappen wrote:Well they locked the announcement thread so atleast we know they've read the responses and realize what a shitshow they caused.

They locked the thread because of this:
I hope germany invades france again. If this thread proves anything, it's that even the best people in france are just a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys.

As a French player of Nostalrius and Elysium... I find the lock decision more than welcome.

Regarding the level of communication coming from Nostalrius admin team up to now, do not expect that they were not aware of the concequences of this annoucement.
IMO, It was totally anticipated by them.

What is interesting to know is the "Why"... but we will not know it quickly (maybe we'll never know)
Malga Warlock 60 (active) on Light's Hope
Yeani Mage 60 (pseudo-retired)
Malga Warrior 60 (pseudo-retired)
Malga
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Monmon » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:27 am

Look
They knew the reaction would be like this! The entire message is finetuned to piss ppl off. It's the "rallying cry of the serverslayer"

I's the oldest trick in the book. When a king or leader died by the hands of an enemy, he would dishonor himself for his people to get behind the new leader instead.
Even the "10%" is an obvous hint, now they couldn't go and write 1% (by now you probably know what it meant, or you need to get out more)

/em tips hat at Nostalirus
well plyed sir....well played indeed.

Now stop this "you can't hate on them, remember all the good they did for us" Nonsense at once!
1. it's a logical fallacy. Or do you really mean you can't hate your uncle for shoving his dick up your ass, because he was so nice to you the rest of the time?
2. We are obviously MEANT to disown Nostalrius because of this. So give in to your anger, let the hate flow through you.

So fuck you french cucks <3

Signed
10%
Monmon
Tester

by fknost » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:10 pm

Thothy wrote:
Dojan wrote:Would you yourself risk your RL-Head for a game? They probably already took a huge risk giving Elysium the code and database!

It hurts me to see how quickly people seem to have forgotten all the good they brought us! The only reward they ever got for their efforts was the gratitude of the community.

Basically, this.

After reading all whiner posts on the forum, I actually hope that Elysium would re-consider the issue, and erase ALL former Nost characters. Including mine. For reading the shit on the post, the loud, brainless ungrateful dickheads around here don't even deserve their chars anyway.

WTF are you retards talking about? Delete your own char then and put it up your ass.
fknost
Tester

by Ourk » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:05 pm

When I look back and contemplate your years of countless efforts and the gigantic work you have dedicated to our common passion, free of charge, in your free time and waiting for no return, I see that you have never deviated from your line of conduct which has always been satisfying the fan community.

So it is true that this sudden announcement which is light-years away from what you have always wanted to complete may surprise.

But I think it would be naive to believe that this announcement is nothing but a smoke screen to protect your backs from a possible threat from Blizzard. Moreover, Elysium's answer goes in this direction and also helps to protect you. You are totally right to do so, your family and professional life is worth more than a database and a few lines of code.

The only thing that makes me really sad is seeing the true and pathetic face of this community for which you more than anyone else here have done so much, do not understand what is plotting, crying and insulting you like a legion of babies to whom we would have ripped off a poor plastic rattle.

Thanks you, Nost team! <3
Ourk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by HaroldJunk » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:53 pm

You guys were always about official Legacy servers, so I don't quite get the anger. If people don't believe that this was a necessary step, they don't say a thing about it, it's always "betrayal" this and "community" that, makes me think that a lot of people don't understand the situation. Good luck guys.
HaroldJunk
Tester

by Wirt » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:44 am

Denkart wrote:Just in case you didn't already know this, during legal proceedings people can be issued gag orders that make it so they're not legally allowed to talk about the issues. Nost very well could be forced by law to say these things and not mention any lawsuit/legal troubles. Violating that would probably land them in trouble.
They would definitely not be forced by law to say these things. They could be forced by law to refrain from saying things but certainly not to say things.
Denkart wrote:I'm not saying that's what happened, but it's a very real possibility that Nost team was pressured into making this statement to keep themselves out of a lawsuit and not allowed to speak about why they're doing it.
Nostalrius' behavior when they shut down their servers was if they had just shat their pants in fear of Blizzard. If that fear had been genuine they would never have released their data to Elysium.

Edit:
Malga wrote:They locked the thread because of this:
I hope germany invades france again. If this thread proves anything, it's that even the best people in france are just a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys.
They're ashamed. We're WoW players on the Internet. Who the hell cares about profanity anymore? Check the Barrens chat and you'll get more than a kid joking about WW2 in a matter of minutes.
Wirt
Private
Private

by Killershama » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:19 am

I can't find but i am 95% sure the current Game Director Ion said somewhere in a interview that Vanilla is just nostalgia, and nostalgia is very powerful. And those dumb Pristine realms are still on the table. I can not find it but I believe it. Pretty sure it was just after Blizzcon.

With that being said Official Legacy is far from happening, and I think Nostalrius got a bit overconfident. In my Opinion we need Elysium to become bigger, stronger and we need to spread the word the Elysium is a great community and people enjoy it more then just nostalgia...not destroy it after just weeks after rebirth of the nostalrius??!! Let it grow, nurture it, let it strive to become great.

Nostalrius....Blizzard is a big nasty lvl ?? demon world boss that requires a ton of firepower(people) to take it down and prove a point. That almost 300K people wanting legacy servers is not enough, especially with jerks like Ion.
Killershama
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion