Nostalrius retracts on Elysium. But now what?

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Nostalrius retracts on Elysium. But now what?

by wowmad » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Ok, Nostalrius Team has decided to retract about Elysium.
Fine, but nobody knows what they are thinking about.
I want to ask them, what is the next steps to achieve Blizzard Legacy Realms or simply how will they get their goals done?

It's a mistery!
WowMad
Against any intolerance in the form of confrontation over the beautiful people
wowmad
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Nostalrius retracts on Elysium. But now what?

by Gray9010 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:47 am

Blizzard controlled vanilla servers, honestly, isn't a great solution. Blizzard's changed since the vanilla days, and they would have complete control over our communities, guilds, characters, etc and this entire affair hasn't really allowed a lot of trust to be placed in them. They don't really care about the project, whilst the communities that they've built obviously do.

A better solution would be licensing out to a community orientated organization run on donations. We already have all the stuff we need, it'd just be the legal framework that'd need to be made. Then if we had the legal right to host, then we could try uniting the rest of the fractured vanilla communities by allowing them to transfer over characters and such.
Gray9010
Private
Private

by Keldan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:45 am

Gray9010 wrote:A better solution would be licensing out to a community orientated organization run on donations. We already have all the stuff we need, it'd just be the legal framework that'd need to be made. Then if we had the legal right to host, then we could try uniting the rest of the fractured vanilla communities by allowing them to transfer over characters and such.

I don't know why but they stated they can't legally do that. Maybe licensing that would imply duties on Blizzard's part, like providing enough material that could be sensitive.
Keldan
Sergeant
Sergeant

by NiggerFucker » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:28 pm

bunch of cucked niggers to be hung from trees
NiggerFucker
Tester

by Winterflaw » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:43 pm

Gray9010 wrote:Blizzard controlled vanilla servers, honestly, isn't a great solution. Blizzard's changed since the vanilla days, and they would have complete control over our communities, guilds, characters, etc and this entire affair hasn't really allowed a lot of trust to be placed in them. They don't really care about the project, whilst the communities that they've built obviously do.

Amen.

A better solution would be licensing out to a community orientated organization run on donations. We already have all the stuff we need, it'd just be the legal framework that'd need to be made. Then if we had the legal right to host, then we could try uniting the rest of the fractured vanilla communities by allowing them to transfer over characters and such.

I fully concur.

Given Blizzard's conduct with regard to Nost, I have no hope this will occur. We have to accept Bliz are a lost cause, and make our own way forward.

(Addendum : this defective bloody forum threw away my original post because it timed me out and forced me to log back in).
Winterflaw
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Norjak » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:41 pm

I'm not sure that Nost will do anything further at this point, they have ceased operations of their own server and they have removed themselves from the private server scene entirely. There might be a slim chance of being involved in some capacity, if Blizzard decides it's time to move forward with legacy.

Winterflaw wrote:Given Blizzard's conduct with regard to Nost, I have no hope this will occur. We have to accept Bliz are a lost cause, and make our own way forward.

+1
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by rfusc » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:23 am

None of this makes any since, OK lets say this right now no one can do anything except blizzard to make legacy servers. And they have made it very clear that they are not going to make any Legacy servers. So you say you want legacy servers, this is what you do, YOU SUPPORT Private servers and give Blizzard the Finger. You create a private server community where there is at least 500,000 active players 10 servers online. When the private server community starts to take money out of Blizzards pockets maybe just maybe then they might make legacy servers. And my total understanding of Nostalrius giving their source code to Elysium was so the players of Nostalrius could go back and play their characters.
rfusc
Tester

by SilverSaw » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:06 am

Chain of events is quite clear:
1. Nost rerelased through Elysium hoping to trigger Blizzard's reaction for not announcing anything Legacy related
2. Blizzard was triggered and threatened to sue some of Nost members (now they know who they are since they met)
3. Nost team decided its time to quit playing games with a multi billion company and decided to "officially" denounce anything linking them to any private servers (even tho they knew it wont actually affect them)

Elysium = Nost. DB, code and most of their people is working on Elysium. This was just a small publicity stunt to save their asses irl. 2 realms changed their names. The realms are still on.

We want both official Legacy servers and Retail WoW. They are not the same games !!!
SilverSaw
Tester

by Rottenness » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:50 am

Dear players,

We want both official Legacy servers and Retail WoW. They are not the same games !!!

Sadly, that is now correct. Classic World of Warcraft has almost nothing to do with the current official game.

However, until more information will be made public, the situation remains uncertain. Nostalrius management's decision can not yet be blamed considering the ambiguity of their expression in the announcement.

Elysium leadership (and also the players) should now already prepare for a new attempt (with legal impetus or just formal) from Blizzard Entertainment on shutting down the server.

I suggest that such actions be discussed publicly with people that can provide smart legal contributions in order to protect Elysium server (and community) from a possible crusade against piracy.

Best Regards,
Rott.
Rottenness
Tester

by Arucado » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:22 pm

get down of the "official legacy servers" bandwagon, it's unbelievable you're still there.

Now, we play untill the new server dies, cya
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to General discussion