Nostalrius was right

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Nostalrius was right

by smilkovpetko » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:36 am

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45489

Now we need to continue convincing the World of Warcraft community that it would bring continued value to the entirety of World of Warcraft, something we missed to achieve so far because of our last announcement. We know that Nostalrius carries the hopes of the legacy community but moving from “fan server” to "pirate server" reputation makes it harder to convince that legacy fans have a place on the WoW community.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Re: Nostalrius was right

by Cardinalsin » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:54 pm

There doesn't seem to be anything to see here....
AKA Outstanding Opinions, threads and posts are my own
Cardinalsin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Krumz » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:02 pm

Starting to think that as well tbh. Elysium getting shadier from day to day. So sad Viper & Deamon can't speak up for us one last time. Some truth from them could really help but I guess that's impossible since they are probably under attack by blizzard themselfs.

Blizzard please! Just release legacy servers!
Krumz
Private
Private

by Norjak » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Krumz wrote:Elysium getting shadier from day to day.

Every private server project out there is shady to some degree. Until Blizzard relaxes their stance on the private server community - apparently there are other software companies who give their fan-gamer community some degree of license to recreate an older version of their game & it works for everyone.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by azamous » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:00 pm

I came here to post about it.

Why the hell didn't Nostalrius aware us? Why did they hand us over to Elysium so willingly with no foresight? Feels like you gave us up just like that. -- actually I know the answer, time to stop acting dumb, thanks ACTIVISION Blizzard.

I feel like we were all smuggled into a different country with hopes of reaching a destination in relation to heaven, but instead reaching smuggler's hell.

If you had just said some of this in your announcement, Nostalrius, the backlash would have been entirely different. Mistakes happen, shit happens, but if you would have told us they were this shady; everything would have backfired for them, although it is your fault for putting us in their hands anyway.

This was the only server that didn't suffer from corruption, and it saddens me, because I miss it. I miss being able to log on and not have to think about the bullshit. It's sad.
azamous
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Jawohl » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:29 pm

Azamous is on a mission. No matter is it Crestfall, Nostalrius or Elysium forums boy you are being a loud mouth mother fucker.
twitch @ lametwitch
Jawohl
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Benkei123 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:32 pm

Now in the light of recent events that the devs behind Elysium are absolute scumbags, I really hope the Nostalrius core "leaks" somewhere, somehow.
But I doubt it'll ever happens since Nost crew wants official servers, which wont ever happen, or at best in 2-5 years.
Benkei123
Tester

by Rikkisix » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:00 am

azamous wrote:I came here to post about it.

Why the hell didn't Nostalrius aware us? Why did they hand us over to Elysium so willingly with no foresight? Feels like you gave us up just like that. -- actually I know the answer, time to stop acting dumb, thanks ACTIVISION Blizzard.

I feel like we were all smuggled into a different country with hopes of reaching a destination in relation to heaven, but instead reaching smuggler's hell.

If you had just said some of this in your announcement, Nostalrius, the backlash would have been entirely different. Mistakes happen, shit happens, but if you would have told us they were this shady; everything would have backfired for them, although it is your fault for putting us in their hands anyway.

This was the only server that didn't suffer from corruption, and it saddens me, because I miss it. I miss being able to log on and not have to think about the bullshit. It's sad.

this 100%, So tired of good servers going bad, and then it's "What now here do we go?" it gets harder everytime to, you lose friends and guildies and it's a pain in the ass, and everytime. you loose some hardcore fans, because it's just not worth it. I'd honestly want blizz to give us servers to avoid all this Priv server bullshit drama Courtpion whatever But, it will never happen.
Also known As Rageheart / Pintero Or the guy who's been hittin on tauren woman since 05?
Rikkisix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Wirt » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:03 am

We still don't know why Nostalrius gifted away their work to Elysium. They could've easily resumed Nostalrius or restarted it with a new brand.
Wirt
Private
Private

by azamous » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:52 pm

Jawohl wrote:Azamous is on a mission. No matter is it Crestfall, Nostalrius or Elysium forums boy you are being a loud mouth mother fucker.

Glad you can spread the word my friend.
azamous
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to General discussion