How goes the official legacy server movement?

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

How goes the official legacy server movement?

by elrim208 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:52 pm

A month ago Nostalrius announced a desire to continue to fight for official legacy servers. There was backlash, but I believe that's their true intentions behind their request to become dissociated with Elysium. Official legacy servers matter to me more than any private server and I was wondering if any progress has been made by a group with some clout. Is there anything I (we) can do to help push for this? I hope you haven't given up in this dream; I still believe it can be done!
elrim208
Tester

Re: How goes the official legacy server movement?

by azamous » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:38 pm

It's tarnished, gone.

Nostalrius developers will never see WoW code again no doubt, it's over, dude. They've given up. Why they still have this site functional though, is beyond me.
azamous
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Snouk » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:36 pm

After the meeting blizzard had only 5 month to give us an official statement. Considering the size of the company and the impact of such a decision and what it implies for them, I find perfectly normal that they prefered to not tell anything this soon, this certainly not means that they aren't seriously studying the problem. You know, real professionnals always keep their mouth shut until they come up with something serious.

To answer your question : what Nost did in response to blizzard's silence probably took them away from their medium role between blizzard and the legacy community. I hope I'm wrong, because the nost team were the only ones that blizzard ever took in consideration, and without them our chances to actually see things moving from our own point of view become tighter and tighter as time passes.
Snouk
Private
Private

by RepublicanNatio » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:23 am

I've got this feeling we will get an update from viper/daemon on april 10th (will be the 1 yr anniversary of the shut down). Hope we hear something.
RepublicanNatio
Grunt
Grunt

by azamous » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Snouk wrote:After the meeting blizzard had only 5 month to give us an official statement. Considering the size of the company and the impact of such a decision and what it implies for them, I find perfectly normal that they prefered to not tell anything this soon, this certainly not means that they aren't seriously studying the problem. You know, real professionnals always keep their mouth shut until they come up with something serious.

To answer your question : what Nost did in response to blizzard's silence probably took them away from their medium role between blizzard and the legacy community. I hope I'm wrong, because the nost team were the only ones that blizzard ever took in consideration, and without them our chances to actually see things moving from our own point of view become tighter and tighter as time passes.

You're 100% right. I can't imagine Shenna and Vitaly at the table with Morhaime. Though, I can imagine Daemon and Viper there. They were the only ones with the fucking balls to do something like that, ever. It was our one shot.

RepublicanNatio wrote:I've got this feeling we will get an update from viper/daemon on april 10th (will be the 1 yr anniversary of the shut down). Hope we hear something.

I didn't even consider this. I doubt they'll announce anything, I'll check on April 10th though just out of curiosity... :lol:
azamous
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to General discussion