Hey Pottu, remember what I told you?

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Hey Pottu, remember what I told you?

by northaunt » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:08 am

Before elysium launch in one of comments I asked Pottu to tell nost's team that valkyrie's (was named this before elysium) staff is known as shady and corrupt from people's comments in VK group. Glad to realise I was right, sad to know such shit happened.

sry my english rly sucks
northaunt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Hey Pottu, remember what I told you?

by Wirt » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:23 pm

northaunt wrote:Before elysium launch in one of comments I asked Pottu to tell nost's team that valkyrie's (was named this before elysium) staff is known as shady and corrupt from people's comments in VK group. Glad to realise I was right, sad to know such shit happened.

sry my english rly sucks

Since Pottu isn't a naive individual my bets are on that he's either perfectly fine with the corruption or he's part of it.
Wirt
Private
Private

by azamous » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:08 pm

Pottu didn't make the decision, Viper and Daemon did, or must have, as they are the administrators of the fallen project. I don't even know why this website is still up to be fair, it will probably shut down sooner or later when they don't want to pay for web-hosting nor the domain anymore.

Daemon last visited: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:46 pm
Viper last visited: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:31 am

No idea what their motives are, no way to know, maybe they like to delve into the past and see how much of a great experience they provided. Daemon doesn't visit but Viper does, truth be told I miss them running the joint.
azamous
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by RepublicanNatio » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:49 pm

azamous wrote: Daemon doesn't visit but Viper does, truth be told I miss them running the joint.

Bro i couldnt agree with this more. There was never any worry about the database and sh!t getting hacked and having lvl 60s spawned fully geared out of thin air. I actually talked to the former GM Lead of Elysium Nightmare (quit due to the drama), who was also a GM on nost (think it was under a diff name) and he said none of the crap thats going on with elysium ever happened under Viper and Daemon and that they ran things the right way.

You never had to worry about seeing hackers and cheaters all over the place. Viper and Daemon's anti cheat was damn good. It was so good that it was not only instantly banning multi hack etc, it was banning bots too. Elysiums anti cheat ended up being the biggest turn off for me, because it is basically non existent.

Also Viper and Daemon didnt have to hire on suspect characters like whitekidney onto their team to help combat this crap, Daemon (according to ithlien) is a technical genius. Elysium is bleeding out pop (something nost never encountered) because nostalrius was gaining almost 500 players a month (from like november onward till the end). I really am holding on to a shred of hope that blizzard somehow license them or something, but we know it aint happenin. All we have are the memories. Been waiting to see if daemon and viper have a response to all the drama lately.
RepublicanNatio
Grunt
Grunt

by azamous » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:48 pm

It's funny, because Nostalrius did not give Elysium their anti-cheat, to which I am glad. They shouldn't be given such genius-level code. Nostalrius didn't have any issues within their staff, they all enjoyed being there. The fact that Pottu has resigned from Elysium-Project says ALOT.

I am certain Whitekidney got banned on Nostalrius, and now here he is, pulling the strings behind their core. If Daemon is a technical genius, as you quote Ithlien saying, it is a seriously great loss for the 'pirate server community' - it saddens me, that this professional team could not persuade Blizzard to do it. It just proves that if they can't, then no one can.

Things were just better. Much, much better. The players that Nostalrius transitioned didn't want to be transitioned to such a cesspool; the community has been split into pieces and people have lost hope in private servers and any hopes of getting Blizzard to make their own legacy servers. The dream of ever getting what we want is slowly fading, and so the 'want' for the idea is turning to hatred of it. I am starting to despise the idea and just want to forget about the game altogether, motherfucking selfie-taking battle-pet-pokemon shit is now what reigns over the game titled 'WARCRAFT'
azamous
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to General discussion