We miss you, Nostalrius!

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

We miss you, Nostalrius!

by Ektelion » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:15 pm

We miss nostalrius, this was our home, the team that had this whole community running without any drama around, the devs that heard to the playersbase and responded to bugs that were being reported.

Elysium is nothing like this, i can't feel safe there, and i can't be the only one, i guess our beloved characters died together with this realm.

I know you guys have moved on in your lives, careers, some might be already working for blizzard under their next expansion or something, but we want you to remember that this place will never be forgotten.

Long live the memory of Nostalrius Begins.
Ektelion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: We miss you, Nostalrius!

by azamous » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:06 pm

I check here regularly because playing here was the best experience I ever had on WoW and I miss the community, plus the people who run it. I miss the website and how it's laid out in comparison to the Elysium one aswell. I managed to transfer my character to Elysium's Anathema before the token transfers got stopped, but I don't want to play it. Doesn't feel the same.
azamous
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by phyriel » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:22 pm

I missed Nost, I was happy when it came back as Elysium and in my regular experience (raiding, pvp) i dont see any difference between old Nost and Anathema. Stay away from drama that is triggered by attention whores and u'll be fine.
phyriel
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Wirt » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:17 pm

phyriel wrote:I missed Nost, I was happy when it came back as Elysium and in my regular experience (raiding, pvp) i dont see any difference between old Nost and Anathema. Stay away from drama that is triggered by attention whores and u'll be fine.
Yeah, it's not like Elysium is to blame. After all, the project owner was only caught offering to unban a player in exchange for money.
Wirt
Private
Private

by vanillaplayer2016 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:34 pm

transfered my character but started a new character on new zeth'kur realm but it doesnt feel the same.
i miss nostalrius too. maybe they can come back sometime in the future when they lose hope and faith in blizzard like we did?
vanillaplayer2016
Sergeant
Sergeant

by azamous » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:24 pm

vanillaplayer2016 wrote:transfered my character but started a new character on new zeth'kur realm but it doesnt feel the same.
i miss nostalrius too. maybe they can come back sometime in the future when they lose hope and faith in blizzard like we did?

Problem here is... Nostalrius administrators crossed multiple countries to get a meeting with them, for the vanilla movement, for everything they achieved. They went on multiple flights and it took quite a long time to get there from their original location iirc. It was a major thing, meeting with Blizzard, especially for people that ran a pirate server.

They showed Blizzard everything, how it all works, the core, the game, hell, the Nostalrius team even got a picture with Morhaime and friends, that picture basically says, from Morhaime... "Hey Vanilla movement, look who we're with! Fuck you!"... Morhaime and friends even played on Nostalrius whilst we were all going without, starving for it, waiting to hear news on the Vanilla legacy movement, it turns out Morhaime and friends are much too casual to be even considering Vanilla.

What Blizzard did was wrong, it ruined the entire server, but do they give a fuck? No. They killed the motivation for the Vanilla legacy movement because they didn't want there to be one. I can't blame Nostalrius for being baited into a false sense of accomplishment regarding all this, because being flown out to Blizzard HQ is MAJOR, I remember as a kid, all I wanted to do was work for Blizzard or see what it's like inside their headquarters, cause I grew up playing their games, loving their games; imagine the excitement, everything you worked for has a possibility of coming true, these few people were on the road to making their 'dream' a possibility, the 'dream' that thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of other people shared, for the movement they themselves created and the movement had got them so far... they'd even reached Big Bad Blizzard.

Fuck knows what they had to sign regarding NDA etc and whatever was discussed, we only know a small part of it, though Blizzard had a good chance to blow 'pirate servers' out of the water by shaking hands with Nostalrius and going through with the movement, and it's sad, cause we were all here for the ride, waiting patiently, months and months and months on end, all for NOTHING. Fucking ELYSIUM was what we got instead of what we all wanted.

I hate them for doing it to Nostalrius, for dispersing our community, killing the motivation for us all, for not proving us all wrong when we said that they wouldn't consider it; killing everything for the people that worked hard every single day to make this project a success, to make the movement a success, to hype it, the PR was impeccable, everything about the organization 'Nostalrius' was truly gold, truly unique and until we get another project of which shares their agenda/motives we will never come close again, I do play on Elysium because there's no where else, but they aren't the ones to push the legacy movement forward and we know this because of Nostalrius' very last announcement, the shadiness gives me a dodgy feeling when logging on, the community feels different and the administration seem unprofessional. I feel it's all gone cold now. I feel we'll never get another dedicated project like this with individuals of whom have great intelligence when it comes to coding and managing a project, all that skill, all that determination, lost and scattered.

Nostalrius sacrificed their server for the legacy movement, the legacy movement of which has been totally ignored, denied and shunned by Blizzard and even their selfie-taking pet-battling fan-base. What's wrong with wanting to play a game of which you've spent hundreds of £$ on? We've all spent SO much money on World of Warcraft over the years, if I count up from 2004... I don't even want to count. Too much money. And they can't even supply us with our own favourite experience? The base game or expansion of our choice, that WE personally prefer playing? It's all Activision greed or blind stupidity, they won't even consider it and we all know it, and they know it.

You don't realize how good something is until it's gone, they say. And that's what we all feel for Nostalrius, now. It truly was a great; amazing, once in a life-time project and experience. The last thing any of us in this community wanted, was to see it disperse, was to see it crumble, was to see the Staff lose all motivation to provide a great experience for us and them, it was the worst thing I've ever gone through with this game; them closing their servers, experiencing all that, and then them dropping off of the planet without a trace, I could never fully trust another project again, although it is not Nostalrius' fault, I really thought their legacy movement would work, but so did they. Though some kind of magnetic force makes me visit this site everyday, the memories and the experience I suppose.

We can only thank Nostalrius for trying, for creating the server in the first place, for spending so many years of their own life-spans developing it, making it great and supplying what can only be described as a perfect pirate server experience for us all. We can only thank them for making the movement, for getting on the multiple planes, for travelling all that way and even entering Morhaime's land. They tried, they tried for us, they tried for them, they tried for everyone to make Vanilla an official-reality. I am sorry Nostalrius that nothing worked out how you planned, I'm sorry that people grew impatient after almost a year of waiting for Blizzards response and I'm sorry that Blizzard did not give you the desired response we all wanted, most of all, I'm sorry that Elysium has basically shit over what you created; but us loyal players will ALWAYS remember you, always...
azamous
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Norjak » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:44 pm

Drama much?

azamous wrote:Fuck knows what they had to sign regarding NDA etc and whatever was discussed, we only know a small part of it,

There was no NDA -
Viper wrote:This meeting was a first step toward establishing a trustful relationship between the Nostalrius and Blizzard dev teams, a beginning for the reconciliation between legacy players and Blizzard that we are all aiming for. As proof, J. Allen Brack himself made sure that we were not under any NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), contrary to what the case is for all of the campus visitors usually.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by azamous » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:06 pm

Norjak wrote:Drama much?

azamous wrote:Fuck knows what they had to sign regarding NDA etc and whatever was discussed, we only know a small part of it,

There was no NDA -
Viper wrote:This meeting was a first step toward establishing a trustful relationship between the Nostalrius and Blizzard dev teams, a beginning for the reconciliation between legacy players and Blizzard that we are all aiming for. As proof, J. Allen Brack himself made sure that we were not under any NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), contrary to what the case is for all of the campus visitors usually.

Drama is what the whole fable entails; this is objective rectification of the subject itself so it's clear in my own mind. Thanks for confirming there was no NDA, my bad.
azamous
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Zyxthan71 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:29 am

Is Nostalrius coming back? I really want to play? If not which Vanilla WoW server is there that you recommend?
Zyxthan71
Tester

by azamous » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:41 pm

Zyxthan71 wrote:Is Nostalrius coming back? I really want to play? If not which Vanilla WoW server is there that you recommend?

I really doubt it will ever come back. Elysium-Project is where a small part of the original Nostalrius community remains, the rest don't play anymore or play on other servers/have quit the game entirely.
azamous
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to General discussion