Nostalrius focus: Now, what should we do as community?

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Nostalrius focus: Now, what should we do as community?

by wowmad » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:52 am

Hello people,

We know that Elysium-Project is not a solution or a good way to deal with legacy realms. I will not write more about them because failed projects don't deserve that effort.

In the last months we have waited for any news given by Nostalrius Team, but we didn't received any single message from them... i feel like they have abandon the project, but for some reason they keep this forum online. Maybe because they can't talk too much... Blizzard know who they are!

So, I think we can't expect much from the near future, but we can select some another project that can proceed or restart the way that Nostalrius has done. In the next steps I will propose a way, but I don't know if we have people enough to keep this project going in some good direction. ONE THING I KNOW, TO WORK FINE, WE MUST KEEP TOGHETHER (UNITED) AND SUPPORT ONLY ONE PROJECT

We may ask... how many developers do we have in this forum, that would like to contribute?

Some questions:

• Some people talk about http://forums.crestfall-gaming.com project, but i feel that is more of Elysium stuff... should we focus to support crestfall-gamming or should we start a new project? what do you think about this?
  • If we need to make another project from the start, what do you think about TBC?
  • How can we receive unofficial support from Nostalrius Team Members, that want to contribute but don't want to see their name involved?

Last question: WILL YOU JOIN A NEW BEGINNING?
#YouThinkYouDoButYouDont

Let the community decide and come with us!
(Tell us what you think)
WowMad
Against any intolerance in the form of confrontation over the beautiful people
wowmad
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Nostalrius focus: Now, what should we do as community?

by Norjak » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:31 pm

wowmad wrote:We know that Elysium-Project is not a solution or a good way to deal with legacy realms. I will not write more about them because failed projects don't deserve that effort.

They have 3 servers online with a combined population that is about the same as Nostalrius before they went offline. They moved to an open source model, and as far as I know most of their code is published for everyone to see. They have a decentralized form of management last time I heard, and decisions are made by a group, so unpopular things cannot be attributed to the motivations of a couple individuals. So, in what sense are they to be considered a failed project? They are clearly not Nostalrius, and most people here prefer the Nostalrius project - but the community seems to have coalesced around that project and it shows no signs of going away anytime soon.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to General discussion